Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

PEF 4th directive co-op going faster than forecast.

48 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
10,265 posts
4,602 battles

I might get the US segment done before by normal bedtime and I got off work at 530am, home by 6, and only started around an hour ago at 630 lolshot-19_01.09_07_38.02-0409.thumb.jpg.2279ebfa5359c5e0d9855b73d91184ac.jpg

shot-19_01.09_07_33.26-0672.thumb.jpg.e8f8b055b9c714f1a5551bcdf4fed774.jpg

Ah hell my screenshots got jumbled up again, oh well. Back to zee grind. I wonder if they start selling alcohol in Texas at this hour though. Hmmmmm.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,881 posts
10,014 battles

Gonna be a slew of P.E.F.s out on the waters today, no doubt.

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Gonna be a slew of P.E.F.s out on the waters today, no doubt.

I don't know about today...I'm sure there will be a few grind hards that get it done today.  I would expect to see a lot of them tomorrow, however.  They will start showing themselves in Ranked Sprint, too (unfortunately).

Members
1,140 posts

Already out in my PEF, though it is almost 2pm here

edit:

in that I purchased before xmas but am now grinding for the gold for the duplicate that is (just to avoid confusion)

Edited by b101uk

[-K-]
Members
5,881 posts
10,014 battles
14 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't know about today...I'm sure there will be a few grind hards that get it done today.  I would expect to see a lot of them tomorrow, however.  They will start showing themselves in Ranked Sprint, too (unfortunately).

Suddenly glad I wrapped up Ranked Sprint a couple days ago.  P.E.F., while no all-star, isn't a horrendous ship.  She just isn't a particularly good one, especially for any competitive gameplay.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,886 posts

Actually, the folks that bought them will be grinding 5 nations at once. So yeah, you'll see a lot of them. Then they need to grind 4M credits in another nation.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,886 posts

The real PEFocalypse will be when the 'grinders' start getting their ships in a couple days and start beating out the steel and campaign missions. The collections should all be complete by now, so it's just those two.

[-BMV-]
Members
284 posts
14,819 battles
16 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The real PEFocalypse will be when the 'grinders' start getting their ships in a couple days and start beating out the steel and campaign missions. The collections should all be complete by now, so it's just those two.

The Queue times are going to be insane.

Members
1,140 posts
22 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I found the bow to be more accurate than the guns - poor hapless DDs...

its definitely more reliable than the AP

[HINON]
Members
10,331 posts
4 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

Don't overlook the scenario, Raptor Rescue. 

I can confirm it works well.

deVT1SO.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I can confirm it works well.

It sure seems to, LOL - what flags/camo were you running, and how does the ship cope overall? Any particular tricks to it?

[PVE]
Members
7,509 posts
13,021 battles

I finished it all in Co-op today. 6 games in Missouri did the US and then 16 in PEF with flags and camo to boost credits finished off the other 5. Glad it is over. The ship is painful to play. Should have only been 15 games in PEF but was just 2,000 credits short of doing it. Had to play #16 for 2,000 credits. LOL. :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_facepalm:

wMR3O2N.jpg

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The ship is painful to play. Should have only been 15 games in PEF but was just 2,000 credits short of doing it. Had to play #16 for 2,000 credits. LOL.

Odd; I quite like her in co-op. I agree she struggles terribly if bottom-tier in Randoms, but bots in co-op are dumb enough that I can manage a contribution even if there are T8 battlewagons around.

That 2000 credits, though... I feel your pain. Those games when you're just a handful of credits away from a task... or from the next/last container? If I'm just a few XP away from a crate or something like that with no tier restrictions, I'll sometimes jump in the Black Swan or the Tachibana. But 2000 credits? Drop in a German captain with BFT and AFT, sail your PEF on a five-waypoint autopilot course into the enemy cap, and go make a cup of your favourite beverage...

[PVE]
Members
7,509 posts
13,021 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Odd; I quite like her in co-op. I agree she struggles terribly if bottom-tier in Randoms, but bots in co-op are dumb enough that I can manage a contribution even if there are T8 battlewagons around.

That 2000 credits, though... I feel your pain. Those games when you're just a handful of credits away from a task... or from the next/last container? If I'm just a few XP away from a crate or something like that with no tier restrictions, I'll sometimes jump in the Black Swan or the Tachibana. But 2000 credits? Drop in a German captain with BFT and AFT, sail your PEF on a five-waypoint autopilot course into the enemy cap, and go make a cup of your favourite beverage...

I can't just yolo/not try. Just not how I am. BUT man it was like you have to be kidding me 2k credits???  :Smile-angry::Smile_veryhappy:

[HINON]
Members
10,331 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It sure seems to, LOL - what flags/camo were you running, and how does the ship cope overall? Any particular tricks to it?

Gamescom camo with as many credit boosting flags as I could muster on top of the repair and fire reduction flag. She does fine if you know where to go and can predict the bot torp drops. Just wreck face and keep firing.

[LUCK]
Members
1,626 posts
22,092 battles
25 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I finished it all in Co-op today. 6 games in Missouri did the US and then 16 in PEF with flags and camo to boost credits finished off the other 5. Glad it is over. The ship is painful to play. Should have only been 15 games in PEF but was just 2,000 credits short of doing it. Had to play #16 for 2,000 credits. LOL. :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_facepalm:

wMR3O2N.jpg

16 games with PEF is cruel and unusual punishment. So far, 6 randoms for 3M credits. If I hold to form, 2 more PEF battles before it's a Port Queen.

[LUCK]
Members
1,626 posts
22,092 battles
5 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

Don't overlook the scenario, Raptor Rescue. 

image.thumb.png.a23c76f590e6dcf66e03c96623d3855e.png

Thanks for the reminder.

Time to crank up Molotov for a citadel fest. That should net a couple of credits.

[PVE]
Members
7,509 posts
13,021 battles
10 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

16 games with PEF is cruel and unusual punishment. So far, 6 randoms for 3M credits. If I hold to form, 2 more PEF battles before it's a Port Queen.

I did the whole Nerves of Steel thing in Co-op too. That was 67 games with it. THAT was true torture.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,490 posts
48 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did the whole Nerves of Steel thing in Co-op too. That was 67 games with it. THAT was true torture.

I am halfway through it and just don't want to finish. Hate the ship

[PVE]
Members
7,509 posts
13,021 battles
8 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I am halfway through it and just don't want to finish. Hate the ship

The Base XP part was the worst. Once you get past that and can use flags/camo to help it is not as bad. But that Base XP part had me ready to jump off a bridge or something. Not a fan of the ship either.

• Cool 1

Members
1,494 posts
8,890 battles
4 minutes ago, JakeTheSeaSnake said:

What is the argument against doing it in randoms where rewards are greater?

I imagine coop matches last a shorter period. You might be able to get enough in to equal whatd you get in random, maybe.

Same idea in hearthstone, where players play aggro decks just to quickly move up the ladder. 

Sign in to follow this