You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Most efficient method for credit grinding?

57 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,751 posts
14,214 battles

I never played co op until this snowflake event but started wondering if it might not be a better option for grinding credits or captains xp…. granted game per game the answer is obvious... randoms pay more... but factor in the time spent playing and you may get three games in co op vs one loss in a random.

What do you econ majors think? Plus the last stage of the PEF campaign hits today...think co op is the quickest path?

Members
1,502 posts
10 battles

Ranked might be a good option, the game are short and they seem to pay out a lot, even in a loss.

In real life the quickest way to grind credits is with a pistol and a ski mask, good for rapid cash withdraws at any convenience store in your neighborhood.....hahahahahhahaha

[-K-]
Members
5,886 posts
10,020 battles

No, Co-Op would be your least efficient path for grinding credits, as the payout is less. 

You're better off equipping credit boosting camos and flags, and trying your luck in Randoms and/or Scenarios instead.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,423 posts
4,298 battles

Most likely Narai or Cherry Blossom on a team could be pretty profitable, Randoms aside. You can run them with less people too to guarantee more damage.

Edited by warheart1992

[ICOP]
Members
1,000 posts
3,667 battles
11 minutes ago, Abides said:

I never played co op until this snowflake event but started wondering if it might not be a better option for grinding credits or captains xp…. granted game per game the answer is obvious... randoms pay more... but factor in the time spent playing and you may get three games in co op vs one loss in a random.

What do you econ majors think? Plus the last stage of the PEF campaign hits today...think co op is the quickest path?

High heels, red lipstick and a street corner :Smile-_tongue: or do as @Ace_04 says.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,751 posts
14,214 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

No, Co-Op would be your least efficient path for grinding credits, as the payout is less. 

You're better off equipping credit boosting camos and flags, and trying your luck in Randoms and/or Scenarios instead.

its all I have ever done. but was just wondering...take a good premium say an Atago and bang out 3 games in 20 minutes in co-op … I may win one or lose one in a random, granted I will go through more flags in co-op...but the net credit gain may be higher as long as :Spruance: stops using aimbot...

gonna test a quick Atago co op game.

[SPCU]
Members
666 posts
4,892 battles

A meh loyang game nets me 500k in randoms... but thats a win. A good coop is 100-200k... so... ymmv. Co op is nice simple easy... over quickly... and you can use ships youre terrible in and not get salt dumped on your head...

Members
1,502 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, Abides said:

its all I have ever done. but was just wondering...take a good premium say an Atago and bang out 3 games in 20 minutes in co-op … I may win one or lose one in a random, granted I will go through more flags in co-op...but the net credit gain may be higher as long as :Spruance: stops using aimbot...

gonna test a quick Atago co op game.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to run through all your T-8 ships and above once to get the daily bonus instead of the same ship over and over?

[PVE]
Members
13,852 posts
8,905 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Wouldn't it be more efficient to run through all your T-8 ships and above once to get the daily bonus instead of the same ship over and over?

The daily bonus doesn't affect credits.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

If you have premium time, co-op can be viable as you can get in 2-3 average games in the time it takes to play one average PvP game. T8+ pays out gross credits pretty well in co-op and gross credits is all that matters. If you don't have premium time, random might go better.

[SALVO]
Members
19,010 posts
19,219 battles

I'd suggest playing one's premium ships as much as possible, because they tend to be better credit earners than regular tech tree ships.  Also, the higher the tier the better when it comes to credit earning.  And it also helps if you're good in a ship and have good games, because, fairly obviously, you earn more for good, productive games than unproductive ones.

• Cool 1

Members
1,502 posts
10 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The daily bonus doesn't affect credits.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

If you have premium time, co-op can be viable as you can get in 2-3 average games in the time it takes to play one average PvP game. T8+ pays out gross credits pretty well in co-op and gross credits is all that matters. If you don't have premium time, random might go better.

No credit bonus...that's a bummer....I guess I would have known that if I bothered to read the manual.....but like most men I said manual, I don't need any stinking manual and just jumped in and started blowing stuff up!!!!!!

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,467 posts
7,619 battles
29 minutes ago, Abides said:

Time-wise, co-op might be on an even footing with randoms...but from the standpoint of resources (flags/camos) you use, co-op loses. You made a brief mention of that, but consider the magnitude of the numbers:You might need, let's say,  10 hours of grinding either way, but at say 15 minutes per random battle, that is 40 camos used, and 40 of each econ/combat flag. At 5 minutes per co-op battle, that's 120 of each 120 of each econ/combat flag.

Are you willing to part with that many?

Do you HAVE that many?

If co-op is where your heart is, but you've got flag limitations, you could consider splitting the difference: Use what draconic flags you have in randoms where the payout is higher, and after running those out, switch to co-op.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,751 posts
14,214 battles

well one game in, real good game 100k 4 kills and 14 planes shot down, 300k credits using only the 20% flag. 8 minute battle with a CV.

With more flags and camo maybe 400-450k in credits. (assuming one has them)

Key take aways from this extremely scientific one game experiment. Very reliable source of income. Easy wins and fast. If there is a CV which there was in my game, that bogs things down as it takes and extra 2-3 mins to find and sink him. Without CV's this could work. Sure you can have home run games and hit close a million credits or more in randoms… but the time spent and possible potato teams vs reliable, easy fast...Co-Op may be a much better option for many players.

[HINON]
Members
10,336 posts

I'm going to run PEF in scenarios and that shouldn't take too long with the boosters.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,751 posts
14,214 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Time-wise, co-op might be on an even footing with randoms...but from the standpoint of resources (flags/camos) you use, co-op loses. You made a brief mention of that, but consider the magnitude of the numbers:You might need, let's say,  10 hours of grinding either way, but at say 15 minutes per random battle, that is 40 camos used, and 40 of each econ/combat flag. At 5 minutes per co-op battle, that's 120 of each 120 of each econ/combat flag.

Are you willing to part with that many?

Do you HAVE that many?

If co-op is where your heart is, but you've got flag limitations, you could consider splitting the difference: Use what draconic flags you have in randoms where the payout is higher, and after running those out, switch to co-op.

I'm just theory crafting...it isn't important to me one way or the other... I know many are grinding like heck to get the PEF and was just curious on how best for them to get the ship. I already have it and have tons of flags and camos due to this game owing my wallet. But may players are smarter than me and have spent significantly less :)

[A-I-M]
Members
1,467 posts
7,619 battles
3 minutes ago, Abides said:

I'm just theory crafting...it isn't important to me one way or the other... I know many are grinding like heck to get the PEF and was just curious on how best for them to get the ship. I already have it and have tons of flags and camos due to this game owing my wallet. But may players are smarter than me and have spent significantly less :)

Fair enough. My points, though, have wider applicability - this question about whether co-op is as efficient as randoms for grinding credits, XP, etc., comes up from time to time, so my points are for everyone who tosses that question around.

If you run absolutely barebones (no camo, no flags) then co-op and randoms might come out evenly (for XP and for GROSS earned credits)

For NET credits (example: "I need to get my hands on 25 mill to buy and outfit my next T10"), the high number of co-op games means more operating/ammo cost were paid out, so randoms probably come out ahead there.

If WINS need to be ground out, or if wins are coupled with other requirements, then Co-op is much faster (provided that the grind permits co-op results).

[TX]
Members
367 posts
4,420 battles

Losing in Random usually pays about the same as winning in Co-op. (at least for me. I guess I'm too passive when I play Co-op, idk.)

As for gaining credits.... Prime account combined with Signals and Camo with money bonuses is the quickest way, I found. Or if you have it....(which I do not). Using a Missouri.

As for me.... I probably get the most return from Tier VI and VII's in Randoms, even on bad days.  Tier 8 and above I tend to sometimes lose credits, when I'm off my game.... or get frustrated from the receiving end of them steamrolls.

I also tend to save the most credits when doing Ranked.... This is due to me not spending credits on unlocked ships and their modules, since there is little temptation to spend credits when I'm locked into them tedious ranked matches.

Edited by Hydra_360ci

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,751 posts
14,214 battles
27 minutes ago, Abides said:

well one game in, real good game 100k 4 kills and 14 planes shot down, 300k credits using only the 20% flag. 8 minute battle with a CV.

With more flags and camo maybe 400-450k in credits. (assuming one has them)

Key take aways from this extremely scientific one game experiment. Very reliable source of income. Easy wins and fast. If there is a CV which there was in my game, that bogs things down as it takes and extra 2-3 mins to find and sink him. Without CV's this could work. Sure you can have home run games and hit close a million credits or more in randoms… but the time spent and possible potato teams vs reliable, easy fast...Co-Op may be a much better option for many players.

5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Fair enough. My points, though, have wider applicability - this question about whether co-op is as efficient as randoms for grinding credits, XP, etc., comes up from time to time, so my points are for everyone who tosses that question around.

If you run absolutely barebones (no camo, no flags) then co-op and randoms might come out evenly (for XP and for GROSS earned credits)

For NET credits (example: "I need to get my hands on 25 mill to buy and outfit my next T10"), the high number of co-op games means more operating/ammo cost were paid out, so randoms probably come out ahead there.

If WINS need to be ground out, or if wins are coupled with other requirements, then Co-op is much faster (provided that the grind permits co-op results).

part two of this very scientific experiment.. same ship same 20% credit flag. The game lasted 17 minutes, 326k in credits for the loss so virtually the same payout for twice as long a game. Had we won my payout would have been close to double.. so, the conclusion is:

With a statistical data point that is 99.8% accurate, If you are good, play randoms. If you worship the Scrublord…..co-op is where your money is at.

I will be signing books in Resume Speed, Arkansas tonight at the Shoney's from 5-5:15pm tonight.

[H_]
Members
1,503 posts

COOP is just about all I play anymore.  I have 5 19 point captains and I play them in sequence........get in, do your damage, get killed, immediately exit to port, chose another ship and repeat.....  In some COOP's, you can kill three ships in 9 minutes and then loop out and repeat that concept game after game after game....  No radar.  No losses.  No hassles from other team mates usually........COOP is gaining in popularity it seems as players reject the radar meta..... 

You can get in, get out and repeat far more games and build your elite XP since all I use are 19 point CPT's !    Who needs Random (mostly -2 tier losses and constant radar) or Ranked (constant chat abuse, game skill polarization and constant losses)???  Naw.  Rather than uninstall, it's COOP !!!

It does take a little longer grinding when there are events though; and, those players are bringing with them the "get out of the way" attitudes........be warned.

Members
687 posts
4,625 battles

First of all, white collar crimes pay out way more than working a corner or making an "aggravated bank withdrawal".

It's mostly been covered here, but basically:

• Book a day off work
  • Get yourself 24 hours of premium time
  • Put all the credit flags and camo you have on a boat that you can do consistent high damage with (or cap)

I don't play a lot of higher tier games, although I consistently work on at getting one tier 9 boat finished so I can grab the 10. I mostly stick to tiers 5-8 and grind 4-6 boats at one time along with 1-2 premiums. I don't pay for premium time, flags or camo and keep a small stash of doubloons for removing equipment. I'm sitting on about 150 million credits right now and it just keeps going up. I'm not sure what other people are doing differently that keeps them so bloody poor all the time.

[PVE]
Members
13,852 posts
8,905 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

No credit bonus...that's a bummer....I guess I would have known that if I bothered to read the manual.....but like most men I said manual, I don't need any stinking manual and just jumped in and started blowing stuff up!!!!!!

:Smile_teethhappy:

[O_O]
Members
4,941 posts
10,865 battles

I finished the US task in Co-op, averaging 5-8 minutes per game in Missouri.

I started the IJN task with Musashi in Co-op, but my first game only paid 300k.  I switched to Random for a game, and it only lasted 7 minutes.

So, the definitive answer for 'what is the most efficient method for credit grinding' is...

...it depends.

Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
1 hour ago, Abides said:

randoms pay more... but factor in the time spent playing and you may get three games in co op vs one loss in a random.

This is true, but can you support the tripled usage of econ flags/camo?

If not, you'll still do better in randoms, unless you constantly end up near the bottom of the scoreboard 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,467 posts
7,619 battles
39 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

COOP is gaining in popularity it seems as players reject the radar meta..... 

If it is increasing in popularity, I would postulate other, more pragmatic but transitory reasons:

1. Snowflake grinds - wins are required. Where better to do that than a mode where you win 95% of the time? last night I got a division invite from my clan. I rejected it because I was doing co-ops looking to farm citadels. Turns out they were doing co-ops to clear snowflakes - I was stunned as I thought these two folks considered co-ops beneath them.

2. Daily missions - ever since their implementation, wins are required after task 2. This one is transitory only if they ever stop doing the dailies.

3. The campaigns that allow co-op battles for completion - whether it be wins, damage, ribbons, fires, torpedo hits, citadels, aircraft kills, etc. Mop up in co-op.

I'm a PvP guy, but I'll do co-op in a heartbeat if the path to a reward I want is more guaranteed by detouring through co-op. Heck, I "slow-ground" the Russian cruiser line from Buddyonyi through Chappy in co-op as my "farm for rewards" go-to ships.

Edit: PvP for Donskoi and Moskva, though. (OK, it was Free XP...but it was hard-won PvP-earned Free XP!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
To add the Deep, dark, awful truth
  • Funny 1