You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chaplain_1

Instead of the Missouri

9 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,798 battles

Hi,

Since I arrived too late to the party to get the Missouri that everyone recommends for credit earning, is there a second best to work for?

I generally play the Fletcher and Gearing. 

Thanks.

Alpha Tester
10,265 posts
4,602 battles

Very few if any worked in-game to 'earn' a Missouri. They worked out of game to pay for it.

You next best bet for a premium US BB I'd say is the Massachoochoo.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,188 posts
13,636 battles

In order:

1. Musashi / Kronshtadt / Jean Bart / Alaska
  2. Any T8 prem with Kobayashi camo
  3. Any T8 prem

As always, stack signals and premium time, and pick the ship that fits your play style best. You'll have more fun while grinding credits, and you'll likely do better than with a ship that doesn't suit you and thus earn more credits.

• Cool 6

[VW]
Members
2,273 posts
13,613 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

In order:

1. Musashi / Kronshtadt / Jean Bart / Alaska
  2. Any T8 prem with Kobayashi camo
  3. Any T8 prem

As always, stack signals and premium time, and pick the ship that fits your play style best. You'll have more fun while grinding credits, and you'll likely do better than with a ship that doesn't suit you and thus earn more credits.

Did yolaska come out when we weren’t looking?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,188 posts
13,636 battles
7 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Did yolaska come out when we weren’t looking?

Nope. She'll come out soon though, we already know the price, and precedence and logic suggests she'll earn similar / the same as the other three T9 ships I mentioned.

[PVE]
Members
7,553 posts
13,059 battles
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:52 AM, J30_Reinhardt said:

Very few if any worked in-game to 'earn' a Missouri. They worked out of game to pay for it.

This is just untrue. 

Missouri was only available for Free XP when we were able to get it outside of SC's and Santa Crates. No other method. So even if someone paid for doubloons to convert elite XP they still played to get that XP they converted. 

There was no easier or even alternate path outside of the game to get Missouri nor could you "buy it". Using Doubloons to convert XP is not buying a ship. You still had to play to earn that convertible XP.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
7,553 posts
13,059 battles
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, Chaplain_1 said:

Hi,

Since I arrived too late to the party to get the Missouri that everyone recommends for credit earning, is there a second best to work for?

I generally play the Fletcher and Gearing. 

Thanks.

T8 or T9 Premiums will pay the best. No other ship in the game comes close to Missouri's credit earning ability. As Lert points out get a ship that you like to play. By that I mean if you like DD's but hate BB's then don't waste your time, money, or game resources on a BB that you won't want to play or do well in. Get a ship type you like and play well and then it will earn the best for you.

The US T8 Premium DD Kidd is in the shop right now. If you like US DD's it would be a good choice IMO. Not only is it a T8 Premium so it will earn very well but it is a US DD so your Fletcher and Gearing Capt's can play on it. It's a good DD and it even has a heal. 

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/4955/

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kidd

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,100 posts
16,445 battles

A good High Tier (VIII-X) Premium Ship of the ship type you like to play.

Missouri is the Big Money Maker, but if you didn't get her from when she was a FreeXP ship, then the Santa Crates are the only recourse.  But please understand, wishing for Missouri specifically to drop from those crates are a long shot.  Some guys got lucky, many didn't and the message boards are full of that.

Outside Missouri, there's a good number of High Tier Premiums that can make money for you.  None of them are any more inclined to make more than the other with built in factors like Missouri did, except for one thing:  Makoto Kobayashi perma-camo ships, which are VII Ashitaka, VIII Roma, VIII Kii.  All 3 are Battleships, but all 3 also have some weird issues as Battleships.  Before you run off and get any of those 3 understand 2 things:

1.  Read up heavily on reviews of these ships and get a very clear picture of the Pro's & Con's.

2.  Makoto Kobayashi perma-camo are separate purchases.  After you get any of those ships, you still have to fork out AGAIN for the separate MK perma-camo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,350 battles
On 1/9/2019 at 4:52 AM, J30_Reinhardt said:

Truth in one. Just another in a long list of Pay To Win schemes by WG.

Oh, and anyone that dislikes this? You are only proving my point for me. Just sayin.