Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

a most painful week ahead

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

284
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
794 posts

3 games in, and every one the same.

6 BBs or so camping the A line to a MASSIVE points loss due to caps, all in the name of safely farming those PEF credits.

oh, and if you point out the 3-4 full HP GKs 20km behind the caps sailing away spamming HE, they will of course comment how they are the best becasue 'im alive, yr ded, u so bad. go die irl pls' or some equally juvenile response.

Think Ill load a DD and camp the A line with them. seems to be what the 'gud' players do.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,292
[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

3 games in, and every one the same.

6 BBs or so camping the A line to a MASSIVE points loss due to caps, all in the name of safely farming those PEF credits.

oh, and if you point out the 3-4 full HP GKs 20km behind the caps sailing away spamming HE, they will of course comment how they are the best becasue 'im alive, yr ded, u so bad. go die irl pls' or some equally juvenile response.

Think Ill load a DD and camp the A line with them. seems to be what the 'gud' players do.

Play Co-op. Or scenarios. Or Ranked. That way you can earn your credits in modes where camping won't help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[OKM]
Members
212 posts
2,382 battles

Last game I played, our the DD at C went all the way over to A. Thus, the fleet at A had no other option thant to follow to A and let the flank be own without spotter... A glorious lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
794 posts
16 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Last game I played, our the DD at C went all the way over to A. Thus, the fleet at A had no other option thant to follow to A and let the flank be own without spotter... A glorious lost.

im usually the DD that spots the side near where he spawns, only to see most BBs and CAs go to the other side. Bonus points if youre the only DD on the team spotting A and the whole team goes C and then complains about no spotting.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[OKM]
Members
212 posts
2,382 battles
9 minutes ago, Dareios said:

im usually the DD that spots the side near where he spawns, only to see most BBs and CAs go to the other side. Bonus points if youre the only DD on the team spotting A and the whole team goes C and then complains about no spotting.

That's the job of a DD: spotting. Capping is an option if he got the opportunity, but giving vision is his main jobs.

 

A DD going from C to A at the start do not spot anything: not only he arrives to late to C to be a good spotter and fight for the cap, but (if there is no other DD for C) he let his C flank open to the enemy team. I was in a Jean Bart so... couldn't push or contest C and had to follow the sheep group in order to stay alive unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,888 posts

In a battle, the job of each player is to work together, and respond to tactical changes. That DD operator might be Portuguese... Learn to properly use the spam buttons and work with what you have.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
700
[BNKR]
Members
1,112 posts
1,031 battles

It seems like in everyone of these anecdotes the red team is a well organized, motivated, and trained fleet operating with flawless precision, while the green team battleships (because of course) are drowning in their cereal bowls while camping in the back corner. Meanwhile, the lone, glorious green DD makes a herculean effort to bail out his slobbering teammates, to no avail. Our fallen hero, hands awash in the fuel oil of his sunken teammates, thrusts his arms to the sky and let's loose a guttural scream of agony and disgust. 

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,400 posts
10,684 battles

Play your game. Do not be troubled with what your team mates are doing. Exploit any change in the meta you observe. Next two weeks is full of opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,378
Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
2 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

That's the job of a DD: spotting. Capping is an option if he got the opportunity, but giving vision is his main jobs.

 

A DD going from C to A at the start do not spot anything: not only he arrives to late to C to be a good spotter and fight for the cap, but (if there is no other DD for C) he let his C flank open to the enemy team. I was in a Jean Bart so... couldn't push or contest C and had to follow the sheep group in order to stay alive unfortunately.

True. I'll maybe shift one cap from spawn, but not two.

Sometimes I'll ignore a flank, but usually, it's in the hope that the 1 or 2 ships heading that way will stop going that way because they have no spotting, so they don't stick their necks out and get them chopped off.

I mean sure, I can spot there, but if I see a bunch of ships, I'm probably not going to do anything to risk getting spotted. But by then, my 1 or 2 teammates have opened fire and doomed themselves.

Now, if nobody goes that way, I might spot, because I can provide useful intel without enabling any friendlies to get themselves killed.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,217
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,298 posts
14,162 battles
4 hours ago, Dareios said:

3 games in, and every one the same.

6 BBs or so camping the A line to a MASSIVE points loss due to caps, all in the name of safely farming those PEF credits.

oh, and if you point out the 3-4 full HP GKs 20km behind the caps sailing away spamming HE...

Charge!!!!

:Smile_izmena:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
794 posts
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Charge!!!!

:Smile_izmena:

 

Oh I hear you! yes I do!

sailed onto my second cap against 2 enemy BBs and a DD. I sailed out the other side. They didnt. GG but not enough time to daka the last 2 enemy. (from about an hour ago or so)shot-19_01.10_03_57.38-0982.thumb.jpg.49ae192d3ca08f51724d56acd6e1ded9.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[187]
Members
1,086 posts
7,454 battles

des.thumb.jpg.49c2dc7319e16bc298d498dc57d36301.jpg

I was amazed at the end of this battle that myself, a Des Moines, did more pushing and contesting caps than every BB on my team...and I am a BB main...this match almost made me cry how inept some people are in their chosen ship types....amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,795
Alpha Tester
7,112 posts
3,722 battles

If you're a BB, and you end up in the lower 6 of your team despite being one of the last 3 friendlies to die, you're a big part of why your team lost.

Your HP is a valuable resource, and your presence holds and pushes attacks. Do SOMETHING, even if you're wrong in the end, it's better than letting the enemy only have to respect 1 direction of attack and feel no urgency to win their part of the map.

Pressure busts pipes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,032 posts
2,860 battles
3 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

It seems like in everyone of these anecdotes the red team is a well organized, motivated, and trained fleet operating with flawless precision, while the green team battleships (because of course) are drowning in their cereal bowls while camping in the back corner. Meanwhile, the lone, glorious green DD makes a herculean effort to bail out his slobbering teammates, to no avail. Our fallen hero, hands awash in the fuel oil of his sunken teammates, thrusts his arms to the sky and let's loose a guttural scream of agony and disgust. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3430160

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
[TACG]
Beta Testers
792 posts
2,228 battles

So, what you are saying is there are a lot of inexperienced BB drivers playing at tier 6 right now? 

Sounds like a good day for Fujin and Fubiki to come out and play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,217
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,298 posts
14,162 battles

To be fair and clear, I don't charge indiscriminately.  It's all about moving up...looking for a weakness...and pouncing to take advantage.  But until the enemy disposition is known, and depending on how many friendlies are with me on the push, an exit option is needed.  

Sometimes, we are met with equivalent enemy forces, requiring a movement/attrition game

Sometimes, we are met with superior enemy forces, requiring a retreat/kite. 

MM is important.  If I'm a top tier alpha BB brawler, I'm much more likely to crash a cap than if I'm bottom tiered.   Even more so if the MM shows my contemporary is a mid range BB.  If the DD numbers are limited in the match, that makes a cap push all the more easier...without worryng too much about flanks, especially once all enemy DDs are accounted for. 

I'm somewhat amazed at how often I receive comments in chat that I'm going to get torp'd on the push.  I'm not sure many folks realize just how powerful a KM is on an early cap push...the hydro is REALLY good.  And if the flanks are clear, and there are radar ships in support...my oh my...smart DDs launch their fish (easily combed) and run away.  I'll quite often get 30 torps spotted and NO hits.     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[TX]
Members
367 posts
4,412 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

If you're a BB, and you end up in the lower 6 of your team despite being one of the last 3 friendlies to die, you're a big part of why your team lost.

Your HP is a valuable resource, and your presence holds and pushes attacks. Do SOMETHING, even if you're wrong in the end, it's better than letting the enemy only have to respect 1 direction of attack and feel no urgency to win their part of the map.

Pressure busts pipes.

So.... a De Moines is a BB? I'm confused.
Or is this coming from somewhere else?

Eh... random is what it is. They're gonna do whatever they want. Including handing out  negative rep point for killing them...

Edited by Hydra_360ci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[WOLF9]
Members
84 posts
3,492 battles
11 hours ago, Dareios said:

3 games in, and every one the same.

6 BBs or so camping the A line to a MASSIVE points loss due to caps, all in the name of safely farming those PEF credits.

oh, and if you point out the 3-4 full HP GKs 20km behind the caps sailing away spamming HE, they will of course comment how they are the best becasue 'im alive, yr ded, u so bad. go die irl pls' or some equally juvenile response.

Think Ill load a DD and camp the A line with them. seems to be what the 'gud' players do.

Nice,  this is what my Assashio was made for!   I'll take care of those campers for ya! :-D

Abbye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
794 posts

New all time low last game.

A Missourie, whom I cant shame due to forum rules, sat at the VERY back of the map, and when the enemy team started rolling that side, it refused to open fire on the enemy ships, or radar a DD, but stayed silent, and sailed as fast as it could to the other side behind islands and just waited, on nearly full HP. The enemy rolled through my solo fighting retreat (because Mo wouldnt fire and reveal itself) and had 4 ships on our cap. The Mo would not engage them or go near our cap... but went wide on the other side, and found an enemy full health BB. This was apparently the PEF farm trade it wanted and it rammed the enemy ship as the last one left alive on our side far away from out cap.

That 90K ram damage was enough to give it top of the team. For hiding, refusing to play, and intentionally waiting for a ram target.

How to ruin 11 peoples game to get a million credits.

please WG, NEVER offer another free ship again. It just brings out all the trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×