Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Farazelleth CV Rework - 0.8.0 Public Test - T10 Hakuryu Stealth Torping

158 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,663
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,138 posts
16,481 battles

RPF on planes eh?

CE buffing planes also eh?

WG was nerfing AA for this?

Planes not getting shot down on return?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,597 posts
47 battles

And then you look closely and you see Fara fighting against bots with zero captain skills and no upgrades, and an enemy bot Yamato managed to shred a number of planes.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[P2W]
Members
163 posts
8,475 battles

Planes with 8k torpedoes? Does the ship AA even reach that far?  It looks like the first drop was entirely outside AA range. Does not bode well for surface ships wit 5k range. 

I feel a disturbance in the Force, as though millions of players are fleeing the game. 

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
3 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

Planes with 8k torpedoes? Does the ship AA even reach that far?  It looks like the first drop was entirely outside AA range. Does not bode well for surface ships wit 5k range. 

I feel a disturbance in the Force, as though millions of players are fleeing the game. 

You notice there is no aim assist marker like on ship borne torpedoes?  You really think he's going to hit anything but a stationary target with their head up their [edited]from 8km away when the target is human?  He wasn't even hitting the bots with his initial drops that were done outside of detection range.  He even said that it's hard to stay out of detection range after you drop so as soon as the target ship spots the TBs, they're going to turn.  Some of you people are just really gullible or you're being deliberately obtuse about this whole thing.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[-IRS-]
[-IRS-]
Beta Testers
139 posts
3,167 battles

I have watched some of his other videos, at the ranges he starts dropping torps he can barely tell how the ship is moving. He almost completely missed a reversing CV because he thought it was stationary. At most this is a threat to smoke camping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
10,265 posts
4,602 battles
9 minutes ago, Imperial_Magnate said:

I have watched some of his other videos, at the ranges he starts dropping torps he can barely tell how the ship is moving. He almost completely missed a reversing CV because he thought it was stationary. At most this is a threat to smoke camping.

He couldnt even tell at the last video I watched why his dispersion wasn't narrowing. Still no clue why people put stock in his videos.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
804 posts
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

He couldnt even tell at the last video I watched why his dispersion wasn't narrowing. Still no clue why people put stock in his videos.

probably because he not only PLAYS CVS, is a CV main, probably the best CV player there is, and actually TESTS situations, rather than some other youtubers who put up biased rubbish about CVs without even playing them.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
10,265 posts
4,602 battles
1 minute ago, Dareios said:

probably because he not only PLAYS CVS, is a CV main, probably the best CV player there is, and actually TESTS situations, rather than some other youtubers who put up biased rubbish about CVs without even playing them.

But... how could he not tell that moving his mouse or tapping his keys was throwing off his aim? It's the simplest thing ever to wrap your brain around even if you never played world of tonks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583
[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts
41 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

Planes with 8k torpedoes? Does the ship AA even reach that far?  It looks like the first drop was entirely outside AA range. Does not bode well for surface ships wit 5k range. 

I feel a disturbance in the Force, as though millions of players are fleeing the game. 

It takes 4 km to arm so your good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,597 posts
47 battles
2 minutes ago, Dareios said:

probably because he not only PLAYS CVS, is a CV main, probably the best CV player there is, and actually TESTS situations, rather than some other youtubers who put up biased rubbish about CVs without even playing them.

The problem is that, while Fara himself knows that he's testing against bots and knows that this will not translate 100% to live gameplay, people who look at his videos tend to draw the wrong conclusions and go fearmongering about how the rework CVs are "utterly broken"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
[USCC2]
Members
4,555 posts
35 minutes ago, _HatTrick_ said:

You notice there is no aim assist marker like on ship borne torpedoes?  You really think he's going to hit anything but a stationary target with their head up their [edited]from 8km away when the target is human?  He wasn't even hitting the bots with his initial drops that were done outside of detection range.  He even said that it's hard to stay out of detection range after you drop so as soon as the target ship spots the TBs, they're going to turn.  Some of you people are just really gullible or you're being deliberately obtuse about this whole thing.

Possibly: a video Flamu did shows him launching 3 separate torpedo  launches in one run (due to the IJN totp range). It was only on the 3rd launch that his planes were taking any real damage.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583
[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts

First. Stealth torping will never work because the planes are to fast and something will se them.

2. DD and Zao stealth torp whats the big deal.

3. You cant shot down the planes you use to because there arnt as many. Bla bla unlimited planes. That's not any more tire than saying a DD has unlimited torps. The planes have a reload time.

Addishinaly I never ran out of planes u less I am haveing a bad game.

4. Not losing planes on the way home was somthing you to plan for in the old system. But this system pirtty low in quality so not an issue here 

I wish they would have added up and down not just side to side. I wouls not be against taking off and landing. I might be alone in that one.

5. We are here because of the toxic fan base that made it impossable to play cv. You kniw its true. Let it come out. Stop hounding cv players and let it vet adjusted.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
11 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Possibly: a video Flamu did shows him launching 3 separate torpedo  launches in one run (due to the IJN totp range). It was only on the 3rd launch that his planes were taking any real damage.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.:Smile_honoring:

That's a different matter.  The person I was quoting was acting like people are going to be stealth torping from the air like DDs.  He wasn't talking about whether the planes got damaged or not.  I can drop torps all over the map without getting planes damaged.  Whether or not they actually hit anything is another thing altogether.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,381
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,784 posts
14,235 battles

For a guy who is one of the best CV players out there.... I saw him engaged and having a good time...to me that's all that matters.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583
[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts
1 hour ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

Planes with 8k torpedoes? Does the ship AA even reach that far?  It looks like the first drop was entirely outside AA range. Does not bode well for surface ships wit 5k range. 

I feel a disturbance in the Force, as though millions of players are fleeing the game. 

Dd stealth torp, wgats the differance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

Dd stealth torp, wgats the differance?

The DD might actually hit what he's aiming at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583
[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts
1 hour ago, _HatTrick_ said:

You notice there is no aim assist marker like on ship borne torpedoes?  You really think he's going to hit anything but a stationary target with their head up their [edited]from 8km away when the target is human?  He wasn't even hitting the bots with his initial drops that were done outside of detection range.  He even said that it's hard to stay out of detection range after you drop so as soon as the target ship spots the TBs, they're going to turn.  Some of you people are just really gullible or you're being deliberately obtuse about this whole thing.

That is for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
[USCC2]
Members
4,555 posts
2 minutes ago, _HatTrick_ said:

That's a different matter.  The person I was quoting was acting like people are going to be stealth torping from the air like DDs.  He wasn't talking about whether the planes got damaged or not.  I can drop torps all over the map without getting planes damaged.  Whether or not they actually hit anything is another thing altogether.  

I think you misunderstand(?); you stated that it was unlikely that torps launched so far out would hit. I was saying that by launching 3x within the one bombing run, your torpedoes can cover such an area that you are very likely to hit. 

Again, I will say all this is just a 'possible' when we guess as to the impact of the changes. We will need  to have played the game a couple of months before getting an idea of how the changes actually impact the game. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
577
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,042 posts
2,870 battles

Well..   This looks like it could be highly effective competitively for controlling & denying map space?  You could literally saturate an area with torps almost non-stop by avoiding AA and just repeating the drops over a corridor.       As usual players find a way.  Not surprising  he found it actually... shows the commitment really skilled players have to testing mechanics for exploits.   Still early and who knows what little gimmick/exploit will be uncovered with USN & others?    But its pretty scary looking.  And my gut is they'll never leave them with that kind of range?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
[USCC2]
Members
4,555 posts
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Dd stealth torp, wgats the differance?

In most instances a DD is probably launching into an area where the torps can be seen by other ships, planes etc. It is feasable that aircraft can attack from an angle that negates this (therefore the torps are less expected)?

Edited by _WaveRider_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,269
[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
35 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

It takes 4 km to arm so your good.

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,627
[INTEL]
Members
9,549 posts
27,179 battles
1 hour ago, _HatTrick_ said:

You notice there is no aim assist marker like on ship borne torpedoes?  You really think he's going to hit anything but a stationary target with their head up their [edited]from 8km away when the target is human?  He wasn't even hitting the bots with his initial drops that were done outside of detection range.  He even said that it's hard to stay out of detection range after you drop so as soon as the target ship spots the TBs, they're going to turn.  Some of you people are just really gullible or you're being deliberately obtuse about this whole thing.

Man did you miss the point. The issue is not whether Fara can hit a specific target. It's that he demonstrated stealth torping is possible. Target can be hit or not, moving or not, doesnt matter. 

Point is he has concretely shown you can bring planes in, dump torps on a ship, and not have the planes spotted. And as long as this mechanic exists there is no freaking way I am playing T10, because sooner or later most experienced CV players will be able to do it, just as experienced DD players like me can hit ships with torps without ever putting the reticle on them. 

It goes without saying that this mechanic is ridiculous. Hopefully the devs will eliminate it. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,269
[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

In most instances a DD is probably launching into an area where the torps can be seen by other ships, planes etc. It is feasable that aircraft can attack from an angle that negates this?

That sounds like a good thing. It means a CV could land 1 or 2 torps in the [edited]of a reversing BB sitting at 22 km. That's a good thing. We should welcome that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,322
[SYN]
Members
15,043 posts
11,530 battles

If you are good at predicting where the ship will be, then you will be effective with this. If you are not, then this won't help you.

Sounds like another skill gap thing that WG wanted to reduce.

IDK if this is a good skill gap or not, because predicting correctly where the target ship would be is hard enough for a torp DD that can get the lead indicator.
On the one hand, good DD players can predict correctly, despite what the lead indicator says.
On the other hand, good DD players don't have a DD that goes 150 knots, with super quick reloads and the ability to cross its own torps.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×