Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

I am SO wild right now....

4 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

So, I'm playing my Cleveland in Co-Op. Come round the corner face to face with an enemy BB so I start firing, next second, 8 torpedoes hit my ship from an ally. I'm sunk immediately.

I'm sitting there stunned, so i ask him why did he fire when an ally was in his way....

His answer... really takes the cake.

"I warned you in chat I was firing torpedoes....[insult]"

I saw RED... I had an enemy BB less than a hundred meters from my ship, we were both firing, it took all my concentration....

Who has time to look at the chat, besides, even if I had noticed, that doesn't tell me I am between him and the enemy... he could be on the other side of the map for all I knew...

he continued to argue the point... he seemed to think he was in the right to fire torps towards an ally because he warned them in chat....

So I asked him why, if that was a legitimate game tactic... was he now pink?

All I got was his assurances that he was 100% in the right....

Honestly, some days you play this game and you wonder why all the idiots end up in your team! :(

Now, I'm not perfect, I've fired torps and some have hit allies that I either had not seen or turned and hit my torps anyhow.... I say sorry.... once or twice, I have ven sunk and ally and admit fault and say sorry.... hell, I have even rammed an ally by mistake and said sorry only to discover it was a bot.... lmbo. Yes, sometimes I do get angry... especially when people ram me because they are always in binocular view and my finger is pressing the N key so hard that its touching the floor.... and they NEVER say sorry.... if I ask them why they didn't, they say its a Bot game, get over it.

I think a case may be made for two changes to the game.

1) if YOU are rammed, then YOU shouldn't be fined. You are the victim.

2) If you sink an ally, you should be made pink for 12 games... or say, your name in flashing pink to denote a "Team killer" as opposed to someone that hit an ally but did not sink them.

I don't know.... I needed to vent and I have. Maybe the players need to earn the right to have torpedoes. Like a drivers licence and have it so the licence can be revoked for a few games. They can still drive any ship they want, but just not have access to torpedoes for the duration of the punishment.

Time to move on. This isn't a post to denounce bad players... merely explaining what happened and suggesting a few rule changes.

Edited by kiwi1960

[USCC2]
Members
4,546 posts

If you hit a friendly, then YOU hit a friendly - i.e. it is the person who fired who is at fault.

Now that doesn't mean I don't despair when I see cruisers go barrelling in, seemingly wanting to hump the enemy to death and getting in their teams way and preventing the team from firing! Selfish.

I wasn't in your match so make no judgement, but have to ask, how did you 'come around a corner and bump into a BB'? They are relatively easy to see and if you have one that hasn't been spotted or accounted for on the minimap, then it's probably best not to go into an area blind (unless you have torps at the ready maybe). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
676 posts
5,656 battles

You took a cruiser... something that is easily killed... and rushed a BB. Cleveland doesnt have torps, so what was the plan?

Not saying you're on the wrong here. People should definitely watch where they launch torps, but you put yourself between a battleship and a DD. The DD is designed to torp and kill the BB. What did you think would happen in CO-OP of all places?

[VOP]
Members
371 posts
7,290 battles

Regardless of being in a cruiser, the OP could have sailed past the BB to his rear and kept burning him down... Yes cruisers are deleted quickly but depending on the angles and such the OP could have passed it and found an island or just kept shelling him for awhile until deleted. The BB would have had to shift his turrets then. Such is the life of a cruiser without torps. :Smile_sad:

The person launching the torps should have been with you next to that BB launching his torps. Not hiding in the backfield launching them from the starting line like so many people think they can do.  Would be nice if we had a way to ping someone that you are launching torpedos along side/behind someone...

Sail on OP. :Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this