Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mobryan

User supplied music problem

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

381
[S0L0]
Members
993 posts
5,306 battles

I've never really been one for playing music during the match, but then I discovered these guys:

 

I'm trying to put a MP3 of this song (and a few other pillage and destroy tunes) directly into the game following the instructions in the client, but it won't play. I've got other tunes working fine, but when I *think* this one is coming up, I just get a few minutes of silence before the next one starts.

 

Any ideas???

 

 

Matt

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,329 battles
23 minutes ago, mobryan said:

I've never really been one for playing music during the match, but then I discovered these guys:

 

I'm trying to put a MP3 of this song (and a few other pillage and destroy tunes) directly into the game following the instructions in the client, but it won't play. I've got other tunes working fine, but when I *think* this one is coming up, I just get a few minutes of silence before the next one starts.

 

Any ideas???

 

 

Matt

At 5:13 they blurry a swastika ring and one of their instruments is full of swastika.

This song I think was tune on a deaf tuesday on Flamu stream. Don't get me wrong, I liked the song but after seeing all that and having now clue what the lyric is about, I just banned this band from my playlist.

Not my cup of tea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[S0L0]
Members
993 posts
5,306 battles

Considering that the Mongolians were rocking the swastika for thousands of years before ol' Adolf showed up, I'd say they have the prior claim to it. As far as the lyrics, it's mostly a war chant dating back to the Genghis Khan days.

 

You do you, but there is more to the  world than "This century in Europe."

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,998 posts
10,482 battles
5 minutes ago, narffx said:

At 5:13 they blurry a swastika ring and one of their instruments is full of swastika.

This song I think was tune on a deaf tuesday on Flamu stream. Don't get me wrong, I liked the song but after seeing all that and having now clue what the lyric is about, I just banned this band from my playlist.

Not my cup of tea

Wake up and smell the coffee, the swastika doesn't have the negative connotations there or pretty much anywhere in the east that it has in the west. Watch the video again with captions turned on.

OP, That is quite a find, the only thing I can think of is there is an extra period or something in there screwing it up. Does it play outside of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,329 battles

You are getting this all wrong, guess I didn't explain myself correctly.

At least on my end, my playlist is beeing played at work, others institutions, etc, etc, (with video on in a monitor) that's why I had to banned.

Was pointing this out in case you have same situation as mine. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,998 posts
10,482 battles
18 minutes ago, narffx said:

You are getting this all wrong, guess I didn't explain myself correctly.

At least on my end, my playlist is beeing played at work, others institutions, etc, etc, (with video on in a monitor) that's why I had to banned.

Was pointing this out in case you have same situation as mine. That's all.

Your reasoning makes more sense now but there is nothing wrong with the music so you only need to be careful if the video is playing and if someone says something you can school them that the swastika is only bad in the west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,329 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Your reasoning makes more sense now but there is nothing wrong with the music so you only need to be careful if the video is playing and if someone says something you can school them that the swastika is only bad in the west.

Yeah, I know, but it's easier for me to just don't play it and don't have to explain everytime :).

On topic, when I play and want to listen to music, I just leave youtube or my mp3 player in the background with the music I want and turn down the music in game. Have no clue how to put music inside the game so I won't be able to help on that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,998 posts
10,482 battles
15 minutes ago, narffx said:

Yeah, I know, but it's easier for me to just don't play it and don't have to explain everytime :).

On topic, when I play and want to listen to music, I just leave youtube or my mp3 player in the background with the music I want and turn down the music in game. Have no clue how to put music inside the game so I won't be able to help on that matter.

There is a check box to use your own music in the in game audio settings. I haven't tried it but I think when you apply the settings that it creates a music folder in the WoWS res folder. Just drag or copy the music you want into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[S0L0]
Members
993 posts
5,306 battles
51 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There is a check box to use your own music in the in game audio settings. I haven't tried it but I think when you apply the settings that it creates a music folder in the WoWS res folder. Just drag or copy the music you want into that.

Yeah, that is all it takes, but first check to make sure the files aren't corrupted somehow... :Smile_facepalm:

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,998 posts
10,482 battles
8 minutes ago, mobryan said:

Yeah, that is all it takes, but first check to make sure the files aren't corrupted somehow... :Smile_facepalm:

 

Matt

Hey, i actually have something right.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×