You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Anyone ever been challenged to a 1v1 training room fight?

76 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,784 posts
14,235 battles

And accept? I just experienced one of the most comical experiences of my 20+ years of online gaming. Its pretty cool in theory... but if you win, the antics that follow are literally so comical, you wish you were streaming...( or knew how to do so)

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,784 posts
14,235 battles

It just happened... was fun., I got challenged and won, the aftermath was better.... after two years it's a first for me.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,538 posts
23,468 battles

1 v 1 has been talked about in the forums before, but the consensus seems to be that it would take up too much server space so won't be done.  I'd just like to have it as an option for those who want it.  Winner stays for the next challenger, etc.  Would be a lot of fun. 

Like summers in Vancouver when I was a kid playing box hockey at the local park.  Man you could just keep playing if you got good.  Lots of fun.

[SRBL]
Members
170 posts
46 minutes ago, Abides said:

And accept? I just experienced one of the most comical experiences of my 20+ years of online gaming. Its pretty cool in theory... but if you win, the antics that follow are literally so comical, you wish you were streaming...( or knew how to do so)

Any chance of getting the replay?

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,784 posts
14,235 battles
Just now, Tom_Greg said:

Any chance of getting the replay?

its still on my log I don't know how to post replays

[ENEMY]
Members
385 posts
1,071 battles

I've challenged a shittalker to a 1v1, who was running his mouth saying how bad I was. He agreed to it in the match, but didn't show up for it or respond in port.

Members
498 posts

I challenged an elite player to a 1 vs. 1 in the training room. He had his Guilo Cesare and I had my Warspite. I wanted to see if the ship (The Guilo Cesare) was really as overpowered as they it is in the hands of an elite player. Well, Warspite came out on top. He then challenged me to a rematch and I accepted. Again I took my Warspite while he took his Fuso. Once again, the Grand Old Lady delivered. 

• Cool 2

[STW]
Members
251 posts
17,084 battles

Something like this? This guy wanted to challenge me to a 1v1 and actually thinks he have a chance to win.

A hardly above average player vs a competitive super unicum, yeah....its not worth my time.

Edited by DoIphin_Princess
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Members
498 posts
4 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Something like this? This guy wanted to challenge me to a 1v1 and actually thinks he have a chance to win.

A hardly above average player vs a competitive super unicum, yeah....its not worth my time.

Well, the bloke I challenged was a competitive super elite and I still managed to beat him back to back. And I'm just a causal play for fun player. 

• Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
7,606 posts
13,079 battles
13 hours ago, Abides said:

Yes and believe it or not in a Co-op match. Another player in a GK was obviously playing some kind of secondary hit mission and was throwing the game big time by refusing to shoot even with us down and in danger of losing. I don't mind them doing that when it doesn't cost the game but here it definitely was in danger of that.

I chatted will you please shoot! He got all whiny about it just being Co-op who cares etc... and I said I do and he was being selfish and playing poorly. He then started with what a great player he was and how he would take me on 1v1 in training room and prove it. I LOL'd and said you can't even beat bots never mind a real player.

I ignored him after that and did what I could but he continued not to shoot his main guns while charging in close to ships with torps and died. We eventually lost as one of the 2 remaining bot BB's rammed me. :Smile_facepalm:

I waited for a port chat challenge but it never came. :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
498 posts
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes and believe it or not in a Co-op match. Another player in a GK was obviously playing some kind of secondary hit mission and was throwing the game big time by refusing to shoot even with us down and in danger of losing. I don't mind them doing that when it doesn't cost the game but here it definitely was in danger of that.

I chatted will you please shoot! He got all whiny about it just being Co-op who cares etc... and I said I do and he was being selfish and playing poorly. He then started with what a great player he was and how he would take me on 1v1 in training room and prove it. I LOL'd and said you can't even beat bots never mind a real player.

I ignored him after that and did what I could but he continued not to shoot his main guns while charging in close to ships with torps and died. We eventually lost as one of the 2 remaining bot BB's rammed me. :Smile_facepalm:

I waited for a port chat challenge but it never came. :Smile_veryhappy:

Typical elitist show-offs, all smack but no go. Sorry I didn't know the word D-bag was not welcome on the forums. 

Edited by CaptainKiwi_2016
  • Bad 2

[187]
Members
1,098 posts
7,463 battles
2 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

What an arrogant pathetic answer to a challenge....you obviously reek with Fear.

Members
2,667 posts
3,637 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I chatted will you please shoot! He got all whiny about it just being Co-op who cares etc... and I said I do

Yes, no-one care because it's just Co-op. No, nobody is going to believe Co-op is serious business just because you think it is. No, we do not care how you feel about that.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
989 posts
2,399 battles
10 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Yes, no-one care because it's just Co-op. No, nobody is going to believe Co-op is serious business just because you think it is. No, we do not care how you feel about that.

Your still wasting 7 other peoples time by throwing the game regardless of the mode.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,667 posts
3,637 battles
8 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Your still wasting 7 other peoples time by throwing the game regardless of the mode.

Throwing the game? How is it possible to LOSE in Co-op, even if 1 person is screwing around? The only way that happens is if the 7 other people are trying to throw the game too.

Edited by Harathan
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
7,606 posts
13,079 battles
17 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Throwing the game? How is it possible to LOSE in Co-op, even if 1 person is screwing around? The only way that happens is if the 7 other people are trying to throw the game too.

Clearly reading is OP for you as I specifically said I only spoke up as we were losing and in large part because he was not helping and we did LOSE because I got left alone vs too many. Had he just used his guns even a little he could have still got his secondary gun hits and we would have won.

Doesn't matter if it is Co-op or not you owe it to the team to at least try.

Maybe you should play more than a handful of games there before making comments that are foolish.

• Cool 1

Members
2,667 posts
3,637 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Clearly reading is OP for you as I specifically said I only spoke up as we were losing and in large part because he was not helping and we did LOSE because I got left alone vs too many. Had he just used his guns even a little he could have still got his secondary gun hits and we would have won.

Doesn't matter if it is Co-op or not you owe it to the team to at least try.

Maybe you should play more than a handful of games there before making comments that are foolish.

So what you're saying is, you only play Co-op, you acknowledge that few people take it seriously and insist that you don't care about that, but you then want everyone else to take it as seriously as you do just because you say so, all so you're guaranteed not to lose? 

*cough*SNOWFLAKE*cough*

Nobody owes you anything, and even less in Co-op.

Edited by Harathan
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
7,606 posts
13,079 battles
21 minutes ago, Harathan said:

So what you're saying is, you only play Co-op, you acknowledge that few people take it seriously and insist that you don't care about that, but you then want everyone else to take it as seriously as you do just because you say so, all so you're guaranteed not to lose? 

*cough*SNOWFLAKE*cough*

Nobody owes you anything, and even less in Co-op.

*cough*POSTER BOY FOR PVP ELITIST*cough*

Regardless of the game mode you still owe it to the other people there to try (at least if the game will be a loss otherwise). Heck, you owe it to yourself because Co-op pays so poorly as is you want to do well and win in high tiers or you take a massive credit hit.

I'm not a snowflake by any stretch. Just a good teammate and someone who also considers others. I give the same effort whether I play Co-op or PVP. I am not into the whole selfish thing as clearly you are. 

So by your standards it is ok if I decide to come into PVP to farm some reward and I ignore the team win, game objectives, etc... and just play for myself because I dislike the mode and don't care about it right? I owe nothing to anyone else on the team; not even an honest effort right? Not even if I am a top tier BB and needed right? Oh but wait it's PVP, where you play, so that is probably different in your view right? LOL

Funny how I (and countless PVP mains who go there to do them) can easily complete these mission requirements in Co-op and yet still be a team player and try. It isn't hard and it doesn't take any longer than just yolo'ing and playing like a butthead.

Whatever man play how you see fit. Your attitude here says so much about you.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,303 posts

A couple times.

Both in Co-op, oddly, and both for telling someone who wanted to "armchair admiral" me to go play his own boat and mind his own ship.

Response was to respond with a laugh, blacklist them, and move on.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,303 posts
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

Every battle is serious business, in so far as any video game is "serious business".   Play to win, play with some basic respect for the other players.

If your only response is one of total disrespect, disdain, and derision towards other players or a mode of play that's part of the game, then maybe that says more about you than the game or the other players.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,097 posts
3,895 battles

Someone on the forum a year ago demanded I 1v1 his Scharnhorst in my Nagato, when I asserted that Nagato was the superior ship. Sank him using the correct tactics, he never got close enough to torpedo.

Then it was best 2 out of 3. Then it was 3 out of 5. When he demanded best 4 out of 7, I said no, and he declared victory anyway, saying I forfeited 4 fights after sinking him 3 times in a row.