Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xwing_Red1

Time for a slightly buff...

43 comments in this topic

[FDK]
Members
1,114 posts
6,625 battles

*For Grosser's main battery maximum fire range. 20.61 km looks outdated. Yes, yes. I know that the ship is for "mainfights", but I dont see any logic that it keeps a 20.61 km rangr, specailly with the current meta: plus Bismarck, a tier 8 ship has a range of 21.21.

I'd like so to suggest a slightly buff to Grossers fire range, from the current 20.61 km to 21..61 km, no more no less, It is a a tier X and deserves to have it's fire range incresased, in that way, it will also be differetne fro Fred's 20.32 km range.

*Lastly, the other slight buff would be for Graf Spee's Secondary guns, from 4 km to 4.5 km, so it can be on pair with Nurnberg's secondaries range.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,931 posts
10,485 battles

Idc about the range, I would like the 406s to be made more accurate, but cut off 700 alpha so they only do 12k damage per cit, give the 420s an extra 500 alpha so they do 14k per cit and leave the accuracy as is, but give the 420s a 28 second base reload and the 406s a 30 second base reload so you have to really think about which you would prefer to run

[5BS]
Members
5,930 posts

How about no: the last thing we need is to give a BRAWLER BB an excuse to hang further back.

• Cool 2

[FDK]
Members
1,114 posts
6,625 battles
56 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

How about no: the last thing we need is to give a BRAWLER BB an excuse to hang further The back.

The 21.61 km buff is also meant to stay out a bit a form certain Cruisers that enjoy spamming HE. Plus, I dont see how The Grosser  would hang back with a 21.61 range.

Edited by Xwing_Red1
  • Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,737 posts
14,186 battles

Little bro z52 would also like 12km torps, thanks, bai.

[-K-]
Members
5,881 posts
10,014 battles

At 21km, with that German dispersion, you're not hitting much anyway.  More range won't be very helpful.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
836 posts
13,798 battles

This is such a minimal change, especially for a ship with spotter plane, that it isn't worth WGs time to change and tell us about.

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
1 hour ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

*For Grosser's main battery maximum fire range. 20.61 km looks outdated. Yes, yes. I know that the ship is for "mainfights", but I dont see any logic that it keeps a 20.61 km rangr, specailly with the current meta: plus Bismarck, a tier 8 ship has a range of 21.21.

I'd like so to suggest a slightly buff to Grossers fire range, from the current 20.61 km to 21..61 km, no more no less, It is a a tier X and deserves to have it's fire range incresased, in that way, it will also be differetne fro Fred's 20.32 km range.

*Lastly, the other slight buff would be for Graf Spee's Secondary guns, from 4 km to 4.5 km, so it can be on pair with Nurnberg's secondaries range.

high tier BB accuracy  is already overpowered according to the data and has been since 4th quarter 2015.. Even BB detection range is broken (concealment too high). Whilst GK is most certainly one of the worst as far as those two attributes in that group, there is no way the ship should see a buff until the accuracy and concealment is corrected for the entire ship type.

• Boring 1

[SUCIT]
Members
996 posts
4,030 battles
2 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

high tier BB accuracy  is already overpowered according to the data and has been since 4th quarter 2015.. Even BB concealment is broken (too low). Whilst GK is most certainly the worst as far as those two attributes in that group, there is no way it should see a buff until the accuracy and concealment is corrected for the entire ship type.

Show proof.  

Oh wait, you don't have any.  Move along troll.

[ARP2]
Members
1,331 posts
3,615 battles

Aside from "nein."  What would the extra range accomplish?

Personally, id hit every BB in the game with a 10% range nerf, but thats just me.

• Cool 1

[FDK]
Members
1,114 posts
6,625 battles
44 minutes ago, Abides said:

Little bro z52 would also like 12km torps, thanks, bai.

Maybe from 10.5 km to 11 km.  12 is no-no

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
Just now, Xwing_Red1 said:

Maybe from 10.5 km to 11 km.  12 is no-no

Zao has 12km torps that are better than 50%+ of T10 DDs.  If Zao can have those torps, even Khaba should get 12kms

• Bad 1

[FDK]
Members
1,114 posts
6,625 battles
Just now, KnyxUDL said:

Zao has 12km torps that are better than 50%+ of T10 DDs.  If Zao can have those torps, even Khaba should get 12kms

Khaba with 12 km torps? Fine; But in exchange its armor and fire range should be nerfed.

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles

Lol can you imagine a player-balanced server?

It would be like that car Homer Simpson designed that put his long-lost brother out of business.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KRAB]
Members
730 posts
7,214 battles

Give it the same 35 degree firing angles as the Bismarck has. 

[CUTE]
Members
2,222 posts
9,787 battles

If it’s an issue why not just run the 3 million credit range mod?

Personally, I find that the range is a bit anemic, but definitely not worth giving up reload. At best it’s a bit annoying.

[TIMT]
Supertester
526 posts

omg, what was the name of that car!  That's right, The Homer!

Beta Testers
1,236 posts
7,167 battles

GK only really needs Massachusetts secondary accuracy. The range is a little hamstrung when compared with other t10 BBs, but it works, for the most part. My issue is that the Massachusetts secondary accuracy should have been the norm for German BBs, with the Mass being the quirky premium borrowing on the German national flavor.

The problem the GK always had is that it gets little reward for brawling; its turret angles are extremely bad, and the accuracy isn't THAT BAD when you consider it has 12 guns. You legitimately are never rewarded for fighting within 11km or so, and instead are rewarded more for hanging around 14-16km, being a tanky menace.

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
2,222 posts
9,787 battles
10 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

That’s cause Zao has Shima torps. Are you saying Khaba deserves Shima torps?

[ALL41]
Members
170 posts
5,683 battles
28 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

<snip>...Whilst GK is most certainly one of the worst as far as those two attributes in that group, there is no way the ship should see a buff until the accuracy and concealment is corrected for the entire ship type.

Agreed on this!    I can throw a handful of marbles, and achieve tighter dispersion than my Mass' main guns!     :cap_like:  :cap_rambo:

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
27 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

That’s cause Zao has Shima torps. Are you saying Khaba deserves Shima torps?

If a Cruiser (Zao included) gets to have them, even the DD that gets the weakest torps for all DDs should still have better torps than the best CA torps. Just like the stealthiest BB should still be more detectible than the least stealthiest cruiser.

Balance > Realism

• Boring 2

[UEFN]
Members
661 posts
14,411 battles

My GK spent 99% of her time plowing through the red team's BB camping behind island, brawling, and tanking for the team within 15km.  Personally i don't need more range as I do not use it for long range engagement, no complaint with the gun accuracy in close range either...but I could use a little better turret speed/angle and a bit more agility like quicker acceleration and tighter turning radius.

If you're looking for more range you're playing the GK wrong, try Yamato, Montana, and Republique....those are the real snipers, GK is a tanker.

[CUTE]
Members
2,222 posts
9,787 battles
39 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

If a Cruiser (Zao included) gets to have them, even the DD that gets the weakest torps for all DDs should still have better torps than the best CA torps. Just like the stealthiest BB should still be more detectible than the least stealthiest cruiser.

Balance > Realism

Are you suggesting that giving khaba shims torps would be balanced?

I am genuinely having a hard time understanding what youre trying to say.

It seems like you’re suggesting that khaba deserves shima torps but I don’t believe that anyone could be that delusional. You’re trolling me right?

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
12 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

Are you suggesting that giving khaba shims torps would be balanced?

I am genuinely having a hard time understanding what youre trying to say.

It seems like you’re suggesting that khaba deserves shima torps but I don’t believe that anyone could be that delusional. You’re trolling me right?

I am claiming that, most certainly.

It is not surprising it would seem delusional to you since balance, balance models, objectivity, single standards, and even data analytics seem to be an extremely rare knowledge(/principle) in this community.

Zao is a Cruiser, it gets torps that are better than more than 1/2 the DDs at the SAME tier which is broken. It doesn't matter if they are "shima torps" it doesn't matter if they are photon torps. The best torps available to a Cruiser should still be equal or weaker than the weakest torps available to the DDs of the same tier. Just like the highest concealment BB should still have lower concealment than the lowest concealment cruiser. Welcome to objectivity, welcome to balance.

No need to make a fallacious statement, no need try and call someone a troll because they do not fit into your echo-chamber. It sounds to me like you are trying to *CLAIM* that it *IS* balanced for Zao to have better torps than most T10 DDs. By your same logic, it would then be balanced for Khaba to get Zao guns and Zao to get Khaba guns?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this