Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Only 2 Unique Commanders...?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

318
[LEGIT]
Members
1,532 posts
23,431 battles

     So how many unique commanders are there?  By that I mean commanders that you can transfer from ship to ship without incurring the retraining penalties.

Are there only two; Halsey and Yamamoto?  And I'm not counting the plethora of ARP commanders, I know they can jump ship to ship.

     I've tried moving the Dunkirks, Seagall, and a couple others to different ships and they all have to be retrained for the new ship.

     I get that there are premium ships that can accept any commander, but I'm asking about commanders that can accept any ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[RED]
Members
160 posts
9,964 battles

Only premium ships (and the ARPs are premium) don’t require retraining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050
[WOLF1]
Members
3,998 posts
25 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

     So how many unique commanders are there?  By that I mean commanders that you can transfer from ship to ship without incurring the retraining penalties.

Are there only two; Halsey and Yamamoto?  And I'm not counting the plethora of ARP commanders, I know they can jump ship to ship.

     I've tried moving the Dunkirks, Seagall, and a couple others to different ships and they all have to be retrained for the new ship.

     I get that there are premium ships that can accept any commander, but I'm asking about commanders that can accept any ship.

All premium ships allow any commander that is allowed by the country to jump in, no penalties.

Any tech tree ship requires retraining, or in another word, attunement to the ship.

It's not about the commanders, it's the tech tree vs premium ship difference.

The ARP ships are premium ships for this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,395 posts
10,665 battles
4 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Only premium ships (and the ARPs are premium) don’t require retraining.

Are you sure about that?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,130
[HINON]
Members
10,331 posts
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Are you sure about that?

 

That is correct, they changed it a while back to where the ARP ships are part of the IJN nation and are treated as premiums for purposes of ship commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,395 posts
10,665 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

 

That is correct, they changed it a while back to where the ARP ships are part of the IJN nation and are treated as premiums for purposes of ship commanders.

I know the ships are. Edit: OH never mind miss read the post. Thought is said the ARP commanders were transferable. I need to slow down lol. 

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,282
[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
34 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

     So how many unique commanders are there?  By that I mean commanders that you can transfer from ship to ship without incurring the retraining penalties.

Are there only two; Halsey and Yamamoto?  And I'm not counting the plethora of ARP commanders, I know they can jump ship to ship.

     I've tried moving the Dunkirks, Seagall, and a couple others to different ships and they all have to be retrained for the new ship.

     I get that there are premium ships that can accept any commander, but I'm asking about commanders that can accept any ship.

As others have said, Halsey and Yamamoto have to retrain on a new tech tree ship. I put Yamamoto in Nagato and had to retrain him. When I get Amagi, he will have to retrain again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
245
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
898 posts

Never bought the Ovechkin that is dual hatted (Russian and US). 

I assume that he can only be trained to one ship at a time?  or is it one Russian line ship and one US line ship that he can bounce back and forth (not counting premiums)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[TDG]
Members
1,575 posts
7,203 battles
3 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Never bought the Ovechkin that is dual hatted (Russian and US). 

I assume that he can only be trained to one ship at a time?  or is it one Russian line ship and one US line ship that he can bounce back and forth (not counting premiums)?

Only one ship at a time and he arrives specialized for the Erie.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[LEGIT]
Members
1,532 posts
23,431 battles

You know I think I transferred Yamamoto onto an ARP ship and it didn't register with me.  OK.  Well thank you, all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[WOLF9]
Members
83 posts
3,486 battles
3 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:
3 hours ago, jmanII said:

Never bought the Ovechkin that is dual hatted (Russian and US). 

I assume that he can only be trained to one ship at a time?  or is it one Russian line ship and one US line ship that he can bounce back and forth (not counting premiums)?

Only one ship at a time and he arrives specialized for the Erie.

Yes, but then you can play him in your Kron, Massy, Salem, Molotov, Missouri etc.

 

Abbye

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[MUG-T]
Members
34 posts
1,121 battles
2 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

You know I think I transferred Yamamoto onto an ARP ship and it didn't register with me.  OK.  Well thank you, all.

That's fine, we all goof sometimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×