You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

PEF Campaign Question

14 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,676 posts
10,809 battles

Since final stage to get PEF for free arrives tomorrow and once the credits are earned you gain access to the PEF and the PEF Campaign.

Now I want to make sure I get free Port Slots off the Campaign. So my question is if I own the ship like Nuremberg already do I still get a Port Slot and the New Years Camo? Or do I need to sell the tier VI ships I am about to get from the Campaign and buy a low tier ship to fill that empty port slot so that system is forced to give me a Port Slot when it awards me the “ship I did not have”. I would gladly eat the credit costs of selling the ship and the upgrades and have to buy the upgrades back again afterwards if it meant extra port slots. But decided to check on that since credits are not entirely disposable for me either. But Doubloons are even more restricted for me so getting free Port Slots is essential to expanding my fleet of ships.

[WOLF5]
Members
636 posts
22,665 battles

You will get the camo and port slots. If you own the ship already you will get the credit value of the ship. 

• Cool 2

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,519 battles
22 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

You will get the camo and port slots. If you own the ship already you will get the credit value of the ship. 

This^

[RKLES]
Members
8,676 posts
10,809 battles
26 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

So no need to sell ships then to get the port slots?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,030 posts
4,669 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Nope.  You get the ship if you don't already have it, credit value if you do.  You get the port slot which the ship will use unless you are receiving credits instead. Then it's just an empty port slot. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,676 posts
10,809 battles

Ok thank you, good to hear I can get free Perma Camo, Free Port Slots, And not only save some credits, but get more credits off the Campaign. :Smile_smile:

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles

Yep, they covered it all. Nothing I can add.

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,519 battles

I'm just hoping I have enough time to complete the campaign full through. Getting those port slots will be really nice. Though my focus, is on the Perma Camo for Dallas and Hatsuharu.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
6 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I'm just hoping I have enough time to complete the campaign full through. Getting those port slots will be really nice. Though my focus, is on the Perma Camo for Dallas and Hatsuharu.

The campaign was not hard to do by repeating the 2 star task in co-op. In Randoms it will be easier. Nothing seemed excessive.

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,519 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The campaign was not hard to do by repeating the 2 star task in co-op. In Randoms it will be easier. Nothing seemed excessive.

That's good to know. Thanks for pointing that out. But it is still smart to have a smaller goal in mind, so that if you do not meet the larger goal, you still feel like you achieved something.

Plus sides to the Campaign: I'll get tier 6 German cruiser, sure I'll still have to finish to tech tree for tier 4 and 5, but that's a head start on the German Cruiser line for me, and Admiral Hipper (Azur Lane Commander, not the ship).

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
3 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That's good to know. Thanks for pointing that out. But it is still smart to have a smaller goal in mind, so that if you do not meet the larger goal, you still feel like you achieved something.

Plus sides to the Campaign: I'll get tier 6 German cruiser, sure I'll still have to finish to tech tree for tier 4 and 5, but that's a head start on the German Cruiser line for me, and Admiral Hipper (Azur Lane Commander, not the ship).

Yes, you get the T6 in isolation. So if you don't have the lower tiers, you will need to grind them if you want them. But starting off at T6 is helpful to skip the lower tier grinds if you don't keep those.

[TBW]
Members
7,091 posts
13,027 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I got the captains the port slots and the credits for the ships. Your all good.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

sure I'll still have to finish to tech tree for tier 4 and 5,

Karlsruhe was my most painful grind, but Konigsberg was worth it. It was a light at the end of the tunnel even more satisfying than the upgrade from Emerald to Leander. Konigsberg is a lot of fun in co-op and when she faces Tier 4, and not being obliged to grind all the way through her just to get a near-duplicate at Tier 6 will make enjoying her even easier for you.

As for the Nurnberg herself, sure she has a reputation for exploding if looked at wrong, but she has much longer range on her guns than some of the competition and she can keep herself relatively safe. She's also good for Operation Aegis IMO. I felt less vulnerable and more useful in her than for my entire Emerald grind.

I was glad of the permacamo from the Mighty Prinz campaign; it meant I could put 500 doubloons somewhere else because that's how much I liked her. Best of luck.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,030 posts
4,669 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Karlsruhe was my most painful grind, but Konigsberg was worth it. It was a light at the end of the tunnel even more satisfying than the upgrade from Emerald to Leander. Konigsberg is a lot of fun in co-op and when she faces Tier 4, and not being obliged to grind all the way through her just to get a near-duplicate at Tier 6 will make enjoying her even easier for you.

I didn't think that was possible!

You will get approximately 2-3 million for each tier 6 ship.

The only one I didn't have was the Hatsuharu.  Not much of a torpbote guy.  I prefer my lolibotes to be full of guns and attitude.

Just about ready to finish the Normandie section so more cash coming in.

It's been pretty nice, not grindy at all.  :)