Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Why the Alaska will be a great ship.... for PR farming

6 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,447 battles

So the Alaska will likely soon be upon us and I for one can't wait. This is a ship that I feel may rival the Atlanta for its ability to farm PR and WTR (if warships.today ever works again) 

This ship has generated more interest than any other ship in recent memory, perhaps only rivaled by Haida and Musashi in the past year. We are on the NA server. The clamor to get an American cruiser with BB guns will be huge. Everyone will be wanting and obtaining the 'Murican big gun cruiser. This thing has many fanbois. It will be a much played ship. 

However, it is not a strong ship. The gun arcs, armor and dpm will be a disappointment to most and the majority of the server will likely be unable to get it to perform well and be caught bow tanking by 16" and higher bb's, or think that they are pretty much a BB and show way too much broadside, while being unable to get much damage in it. While it has higher alpha, the dpm will be lower than a lot of cruisers. The shell arcs are American, just because it has 12 inch guns, doesn't mean it's a stalingrad. Players will struggle to land shots at range. Yet because they want to believe it is a great ship, they will keep playing it. 

Don't believe me?? Des Moines and Buffalo are some of the most played ships in their tier for their period in the game and they are some of the worst ships according to their server stats. This is the American server, people are drawn to the American ships regardless of how they perform or how well the player is able to make them perform. While more knowledgeable players will go for ships that they think they will do well in with their playstyle and such, there are many players who heavily play the nation they are biased towards; on the NA server that is American ships. If players can't make the Des Moines and Buffalo work, they aren't going to make the Alaska work. The gun arcs and armor are too similar. 

What this all boils down to is that the Alaska will be a PR/WTR farming dream for players that are able to make it work. Should be a fun ship!!! 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SUCIT]
Members
996 posts
4,026 battles

So basically the opposite of the Stalingrad.  

Maybe that will help my PR recover a bit.  I just hope they did the 12" guns justice, and they aren't meant for spamming HE.  

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,447 battles
5 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

So basically the opposite of the Stalingrad.  

Maybe that will help my PR recover a bit.  I just hope they did the 12" guns justice, and they aren't meant for spamming HE.  

Yeah, my only random in Stalingrad was a kraken win, 140k damage. That netted me a whopping 2700 PR. Any other ship at tier 10 would be 4k+

Members
349 posts
31 battles

I am not sure if I am going to buy the Alaska, first you can guarantee that it will be inferior to the Kronstadt because no American ship is allowed to be better than a Russian ship in this game. Second, not sure where the advantage is over a cruiser and they are inferior to the T9 BB's.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,395 posts
10,637 battles

Good post Ducky I think you are exactly correct. +1

[FTH]
Members
833 posts
12,655 battles

At the rate their going I wonder how many are even still going to be around to buy it by the time it gets sold.

Sign in to follow this