Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Need Advice on Next Tier 10 Bote

25 comments in this topic

Members
447 posts

1500ish battles. 50% WR player. Currently have Montana, Republique, GK, Daring, & Salem for T10 ships. 

I've been grinding out all of my Ouroboros flags and Spring Sky camos from the Xmas boxes and now sitting at about 2M free xp. 1M is set aside for Alaska. So, I have enough to free xp another T10 ship. Sooo.... which one? This is kinda open ended question. If you had the ships I have, what would you go for next? Or, should I just wait for Russian BB's? I did get the Chapayev in a hockey box so the Moskva would be only 500k free xp. 

Members
26 posts
2,521 battles

Honestly wouldn't recommend free xping full ship lines, you lose a lot of the learning  how that line plays as you go up, and it's really a waste of free xp. I would recommend going up multiple lines and using the fxp only on modules so you can always play the ships fully upgraded. You'll get much better at the game if you do it that way. 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
791 posts

my advice is to NOT FXP a TX ship and play your way to it, leaning the class along the way.

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles

Yep, I second the comments above.

Use Free XP to upgrade stock ships, but I wouldn't skip any ships completely.

Members
447 posts

For a few seconds, can you guys just work with me, and not be the fun police???? :-)

Just so it makes you guys feel better, I'll rephrase. What line would you go for next? 

Once one has a few T10 ships, and at least one of each class, I'm not a big subscriber in the whole "gotta grind the line" philosophy. I ground out the ones I currently have and now just want to get to the cherry on the top of the sundae. 

[CAST]
Members
1,444 posts
7,924 battles

What is your play style?  You have plenty of BBs and only a single DD and CA. 

Since you already have the Salem, why not go up the Russian or German cruiser line?  If you want to use the Salem as a trainer, go up the US cruiser line to the Des Moines. 

If you prefer to try the DDs, are you a torp guy or a gun boat guy?  The IJN DDs offer both styles of play in the spit line.  The USN line is fun for gun boats without giving up much in torps too.  The Russian line is geared more towards guns.  The German line is more hybrid.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,184 posts
15,088 battles

If I was going to free XP up any line it would be for  The Yamato

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,134 battles

German DD tier 10 (Z-52) is a great tier 10. Fast torp reload, long lasting hydro that is only 0.1km short of your detection range .. great for hunting enemy DD’s in smoke and the AP is good at mid-close range on any ship although you have to aim bow/stern or superstructure on the bigger ships. Hindy is a good ship (German Cruiser) and Moskva although I’m still learning this one.

Just my $0.02. Good luck with whichever you choose mate

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,099 posts
9,864 battles

I would highly recommend the Yamato. She’s a good ship with a unique overmatch mechanic that no other ship has in the game. If you don’t plan to buy the perminate camo for her, FXPing Musashi would be a good choice. 

I also really like GK. Just recently got her, but played her a lot last April in her “All Destroyer” guise. GK is tuff and has decent guns. However, she’s not for everyone.

Edited by SavageTactical

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,794 posts
3,965 battles
37 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

1500ish battles. 50% WR player. Currently have Montana, Republique, GK, Daring, & Salem for T10 ships. 

I've been grinding out all of my Ouroboros flags and Spring Sky camos from the Xmas boxes and now sitting at about 2M free xp. 1M is set aside for Alaska. So, I have enough to free xp another T10 ship. Sooo.... which one? This is kinda open ended question. If you had the ships I have, what would you go for next? Or, should I just wait for Russian BB's? I did get the Chapayev in a hockey box so the Moskva would be only 500k free xp. 

I would get either the hindenburg or Gearing personally. I like both those ships. 

[YETI]
Members
119 posts
5,798 battles

+1 on the Hindenburg.   You can FXP the ships you don’t like in the line and end up with one of the best cruisers in the game.

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
31 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

For a few seconds, can you guys just work with me, and not be the fun police???? :-)

Just so it makes you guys feel better, I'll rephrase. What line would you go for next? 

Once one has a few T10 ships, and at least one of each class, I'm not a big subscriber in the whole "gotta grind the line" philosophy. I ground out the ones I currently have and now just want to get to the cherry on the top of the sundae. 

In that case, if it's only 500k to Moskva, I'd do that, and hang on to the other 500k for the VMF BBs.

Members
447 posts
4 minutes ago, temp1ar said:

+1 on the Hindenburg.   You can FXP the ships you don’t like in the line and end up with one of the best cruisers in the game.

So, what would make the Hindy more preferrable to a Moskva, Zoa, or Henri? 

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,078 battles

Adding another vote for don't free XP a line. And like others have said free XP is for skipping stock modules and reward ships....don't use it for skipping ahead on captain skills or ship lines.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,794 posts
3,965 battles
Just now, General_Lee_Miserable said:

nothing is more preferable, each ship has its set of weaknesses and strengths. 

Its just a really fun ship to play, its comfortable due to its armor. Has great AP and HE. Great torps for close range and the best hydro ingame. 

Its a very comfy ship to play in. I enjoy mine a lot. 

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,184 posts
15,088 battles
Just now, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I have Musashi and that would be too similar. 

Well whatever class you enjoy playing most would be the next push

I'm a destroyer main so it would make sense if I choose destroyer because I enjoy playing them

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,737 posts
14,186 battles

Zao. It plays differently than all the others you currently own. I also don't recommend using free xp, but maybe use it up to the Myoko and play the line from there.

[RKLES]
Members
8,686 posts
10,809 battles

I totally agree that you need to play up through a ship line to better play your X ship, and actually when you play up through a line of good ships you may find yourself keeping some of the ships because you enjoy using them so much.

Now about some tier X ship suggestions I have greatly enjoyed Gearing, Zao, and Yamato. But also enjoy grinding up through their lines ( well I did haste the Izumo, but that was only 1 ship out of my that were good). I should warn you though, Yamato while being an extremely powerful ship, it sort of requires a “worthy player” to use it. Yamato will either serve you very well if you know exactly how to use it to its full pontential, or it will be a ship you hate. That debate has been discussed in Forum between Montana and Yamato, and results were that Montana is easier and more consistent to use, but Yamato was more powerful and more difficult to use.

Zao can launch highly flammable HE shells at good range at enemy ships and carries 4 launchers with 5 torpedoes per launcher that have 12km range.

Gearing is a well balanced DD that has couple good options for torpedoes and various builds you can use on the ship. You can go for balanced build, main gun build, AA build, or Torpedo build. Added bonus is USN DD smoke lasts the longest in the game and makes large smoke screens which can be useful not only for yourself, but also concealing allied ships.

[RKLES]
Members
8,686 posts
10,809 battles
14 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I have Musashi and that would be too similar. 

I own both Musashi and Yamato and they are different despite being sisters. For  example the AA on Yamato is much stronger than Musashi.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
898 posts
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I highly suggest what others have suggested - don't skip the entire line.  Use below missions to tier 6 (see below), when you are comfortable playing them, consider skipping the grind to the next tier and repeat.

I would:

Challenge yourself in the "In the name of his Highness" event and get the PEF 

Do the follow-on "Mighty Prinz" Campaign to skip ahead in the IJN destroyers, US light cruisers and German cruisers. 

This way you will be well on your way to not 1, but 4 tier X ships. (Harugumo, Worcester, Hindenburg and Moskva).  At the very least, it expands your options for tier X lines. You will even get 2019 steel in the process!

I suggest prioritizing Moskva and Worcester after that as Salem will make a good trainer for even the CL line and Moskva was called for again and again with our clan in the latest clan wars.

[YETI]
Members
119 posts
5,798 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

It’s got great armour, hard to citadel, great guns both HE and AP plus Torps.   Personally, I think it’s the most forgiving of the cruiser lines and you can play it similar to a BB.

Zao is also a great ship, Henri is a distance sniper and Moskva lends to bow tanking.

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,580 posts
8,160 battles

I would vote for the Henri IV the speed and reload boosters take some getting used to, (as far as when to use them) but it's a blast to play...

Moskva would be my second choice.  It's a tank on the bow.  Again, a feature to get used to, but you are not going to learn the playstyle from the Chappy, or the Donskoi.

That said, the Donkey is one of my favorite T9 cruisers, you might want to buy it and play it, especially with the T9 ranked season coming up..

[FBXGC]
Members
382 posts
2,278 battles
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Moskva plays like a battleship with good HE, awesome ballistics and long range radar.

Henri plays like the mid tier russian cruisers with angled kiting and great DPM

Zao is similar to Henry but with great torps,(bad firing angle on those torps) less DPM, better ballistics, good concealment, and trolly armor

Hindy does a bit of everthing above. Torps are short but nice, armor is good, great hydro, consistent HE and strong AP. The kicker with the Hindy is that you never seem to be out of options. Moskva struggles when rushed(No torps), the Zao is less tanky and needs to keep moving, and the Henry lacks the quality consumables and versatility. I suggest the Hindy first. Then based on what you like about the Hindy, you can then pick the other cruiser that specializes in the aspect you enjoy.

Sign in to follow this