Sign in to follow this  
TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Naval Legends: US Carrier-Based Aircraft"

31 comments in this topic

[WGA]
WG Staff
325 posts
716 battles

Learn about the development history of US carrier-based aircraft, starting from the very beginning.

Watch Part 1
Watch Part 2

• Cool 3

[WAZ]
Members
4 posts
18,323 battles

I don't like what you have done, to the CV's. You should make it, so, that if we wish, we can use the old controls ....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,199 posts
15,100 battles

It's true this is a ship game or supposed to be why muck it up with airplanes all over the place

Im going to be real sad if you guys trash this game with the cv rework

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
241 posts
10,168 battles

I spent time on the test server trying out the new CV play, and I personally find it a little more enjoyable to play.

• Cool 2

[CAN1A]
Members
22 posts
8,200 battles

Thanks for putting together an interesting and informative video on the birth of Naval Aviation.

[NAUTY]
Members
42 posts
17,936 battles

Hi, I spent time with the Public Test CV... was unable to use the planes in an effective manner. Have over 2000 hrs. In real airplanes and 3000 games in WOW. Not in favor of changes. 

I think they want to make changes just to satisfy the whining of those who don't play CV.

I do not enjoy high tier CV since the AA is too strong. The new play requires hiding planes behind mountains to avoid AA...or you lose planes too fast...

Do not think it will work... time will tell.

• Cool 2

[WTA]
Members
21 posts
2,751 battles

As usual a great article and well researched. Enjoyed the presentation very much. Keep up the good work.

• Cool 1

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
241 posts
10,168 battles
4 hours ago, smiller94 said:

Hi, I spent time with the Public Test CV... was unable to use the planes in an effective manner. Have over 2000 hrs. In real airplanes and 3000 games in WOW. Not in favor of changes. 

I think they want to make changes just to satisfy the whining of those who don't play CV.

I do not enjoy high tier CV since the AA is too strong. The new play requires hiding planes behind mountains to avoid AA...or you lose planes too fast...

Do not think it will work... time will tell.

I'm not really sure what you mean by unable to get the planes to be effective?

I played like two games and low tier to get the hang of it, then bought the Midway after the first game did over 100k damage. And after chatting with the CV player on the other team who did well over 300K damage I was doing consistently 200k damage. All in all seem quite affected to me.

• Bad 1

[-FFS-]
[-FFS-]
Members
6 posts
4,437 battles

P-cola's museum of Naval Aviation...   Go to the rebuilt Cubi O'Club and see VFA-151's cruise placque from 88-89...

They bombed the USS REEVES!

[DD214]
Members
771 posts

Excellent video, solid intro. I was stationed in Pensacola in 1964 and it brings back some good memories.

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
1,097 posts
4,559 battles

Good video, been a fan of carriers and naval aviation for years.  Not really happy with what has been done with the carriers here.  I am going to keep an open mind but I have a feeling I will be selling my carriers.

[NAUTY]
Members
42 posts
17,936 battles

Clearly I missed the part of the new CV play where they show how to do it... I was unable to Target anything I even tried to kill myself just because I was the closest boat. If I could ever figure it out I might do better...

• Funny 2

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Beta Testers
29 posts

Great info about the past but now on to the real stuff what yall done to the play style of CV Now is crap it ruins the game and the fact that u didn't listen to the testers make it even more a slap in the face. Sad to say that this will effect you in the end and make a lot of players stop playing the game. there were some great improvements that happen during the test like the AA the effects but changing the wholes style of the CV is crap you took a great modle of play and made it crap no matter how many of your own testers that work for your company yall still didn't  even listen to the posts and now the CV play style is is crap.  from all the test and post there was not enough  players that like or even wanted it. Yall are still going to make it live. well enjoy the lost fan base best of luck. maybe once it get put back the player base will return but will never know since they have been upset for a long time and just tired of the crapof working on a test and get nothing in return beside  another slap in the face.  Well hope 2019 works out for the best and with all the lost of fans maybe then yall will return the CV back to ITs glory.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CRF]
Members
156 posts
5,309 battles

I had a chance to visit the Pensacola Air Museum several years back - quite amazing and a must see for anyone interested in naval Aviation.  Since it is the winter home of the Blue Angels, try to time in at the end or beginning of their season and you may see them practicing low runs over the beaches!

[AFK-3]
Members
2 posts
2,102 battles

As a result of these changes to the CV I will no longer be playing my two carriers or spending any money improving them.  There was nothing wrong with the way they played.  This will cut my playing in half, maybe more.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Big, big mistake.

• Cool 2

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Maybe I missed it, but there was nothing about CV's having unlimited aircraft... can you tell me when this will be discussed????

(he says, with pure uncut sarcasm dripping from his keyboard!!!!)

[RRRR]
Members
8 posts
6,443 battles

Seriously, I feel sick of those planes and CVs. I would not want to play when 0.8.0 arrived. Keep those planes in your World of Warplanes and don't mess up World of Warships. Time to take a break and may find other games

• Cool 1

[OVO]
Beta Testers
30 posts
3,805 battles

Love these naval legends series... much better than some of the big shot media like history channel and stuff. Bravo WG

• Cool 1

[SLDS]
Members
132 posts

These are very nicely done.

However, I would make one suggestion - if you're going to use metric measurements for everything else, display engine ratings in kW, not hp.  It's not much of an adjustment since most people look at ratios of engine power between planes, not so much at the absolute engine power of a single plane.

[SST5]
[SST5]
Beta Testers
9 posts
7,340 battles

This was a good video. but left out the fact that the Japanese fighters were close to the water killing the torpedo planes. Leaving the dive-bombers a clear run on the enemy carriers. It was a very lucky day for the U.S. and a bad choice of tactics for the Japanese. 

Have tried the new carrier mode. Didn't enjoy it much.

[SST5]
[SST5]
Beta Testers
9 posts
7,340 battles
On 1/9/2019 at 10:48 AM, Gurgee said:

Great info about the past but now on to the real stuff what yall done to the play style of CV Now is crap it ruins the game and the fact that u didn't listen to the testers make it even more a slap in the face. Sad to say that this will effect you in the end and make a lot of players stop playing the game. there were some great improvements that happen during the test like the AA the effects but changing the wholes style of the CV is crap you took a great modle of play and made it crap no matter how many of your own testers that work for your company yall still didn't  even listen to the posts and now the CV play style is is crap.  from all the test and post there was not enough  players that like or even wanted it. Yall are still going to make it live. well enjoy the lost fan base best of luck. maybe once it get put back the player base will return but will never know since they have been upset for a long time and just tired of the crapof working on a test and get nothing in return beside  another slap in the face.  Well hope 2019 works out for the best and with all the lost of fans maybe then yall will return the CV back to ITs glory.

here here