You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Friendly fire, feel bad for the guy who sunk me

19 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,069 posts
6,488 battles

In a coop I was hit by a friendly torpedo and sunk my ship. The sad thing is he turned pink for doing 33 hp of damage to my ship. Had it been a few seconds later a bot DD would have sunk me. He was trying to save me because a BB was pounding my cruiser. He sunk the BB but one of his torpedoes hit me. I couldn't avoid it or I would have in this case.

• Cool 5

[WOLF6]
Members
810 posts
6,972 battles
17 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

In a coop I was hit by a friendly torpedo and sunk my ship. The sad thing is he turned pink for doing 33 hp of damage to my ship. Had it been a few seconds later a bot DD would have sunk me. He was trying to save me because a BB was pounding my cruiser. He sunk the BB but one of his torpedoes hit me. I couldn't avoid it or I would have in this case.

I turn pink all the time in co op - with so few HP to farm you need to be aggressive in order to break even.  It’s just part of the game.

• Bad 4

[USCC2]
Members
4,548 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Sounds as if, in whatever mode your situation occured, it was one of those moments where you both knew you were trying to do something positive and what was best for the team.

We all have to put up with selfish players that think 'it's all about me', but your situation sounds like one of those times where you can salute the effort of your team mate even though it ended badly. :Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
3,179 posts
16,699 battles

If he's playing coop, he only has to play again twice.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,748 posts
14,202 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Careful of :Spruance: on the red team, I think he uses aimbot.

• Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,069 posts
6,488 battles
39 minutes ago, Abides said:

Careful of :Spruance: on the red team, I think he uses aimbot.

I believe all the bots use illegal aim assist mods. It sure seems that way.

Edited by kgh52

[SHAFT]
Members
380 posts
12,102 battles
6 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I wouldn't feel so bad if I were you. If he turned pink by only doing 33 hp of damage, he probably has a history of reckless team damage with his torps.

Had random game in my shima last night where a DM decided that because I was running away from a Salem behind an island 7 k away from me that I wasn't doing my job spotting so he was gonna burn me down.

His first salvo did little damage, but he turned pink immediately. After he started taking damage himself with the second and third salvos, he got the hint and stopped.

[_-_]
Members
1,636 posts

Happens all the time. I'm always glad to give a politeness compliment to a remorseful teammate who says sorry for friendly fire.

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
2,069 posts
6,488 battles
33 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I wouldn't feel so bad if I were you. If he turned pink by only doing 33 hp of damage, he probably has a history of reckless team damage with his torps.

Had random game in my shima last night where a DM decided that because I was running away from a Salem behind an island 7 k away from me that I wasn't doing my job spotting so he was gonna burn me down.

His first salvo did little damage, but he turned pink immediately. After he started taking damage himself with the second and third salvos, he got the hint and stopped.

33 hp was all I had left when his torpedo hit me. He sunk 2 ships.

Members
3,566 posts
1,677 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

33 hp was all I had left when his torpedo hit me. He sunk 2 ships.

Yeah, I thing the kill overrides the damage threshold.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,287 posts
7 hours ago, kgh52 said:

+1 for taking a nuanced and mature view of how team damage happens, rather than assuming the worst the way WG does.

[NFE]
Members
172 posts
2,887 battles

You mean he had to play pink for the next two games? Oh, the horror, the horror.

If you feel bad, give him karma and move on. By Thursday, neither of you will remember it.

[TSG4C]
Members
26 posts
1,893 battles

I was playing a match last night in Co Op that had several Bots on both teams.  It was cracking me up to see all the team damage warnings on Bot vs. Bot damage.  Saw a DD bot sink a Cruiser Bot and get a Team Kill warning.  Made sure I was far away from the mayhem.

[TDRB]
Members
2,069 posts
6,488 battles
2 hours ago, stenrick said:

I was playing a match last night in Co Op that had several Bots on both teams.  It was cracking me up to see all the team damage warnings on Bot vs. Bot damage.  Saw a DD bot sink a Cruiser Bot and get a Team Kill warning.  Made sure I was far away from the mayhem.

Yes, it is funny, I've been hit by bot "friendly fire".

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,013 posts
4,393 battles

happens, dont worry about it, if you know your team mate is going down, get the trade.

[ALL41]
Members
172 posts
5,696 battles

Had a guy accidentally torp my bb last night, and he immediately apologized in the chat box.     I was still typing my response when the game ended (so, he never got the message), trying to tell him not to worry about it, as I had just "un-pinked" myself after doing the same in my Atago two games prior.     :cap_old:

[WOLF9]
Members
3,639 posts
12 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

If you actually kill someone, it's an automatic pink.   I also think they have a much lower threshold for friendly torpedoes- I turned pink recently over a single torp that did little damage (he survived with most of his health intact)- and I almost never do team damage.   Just the usual paint scraping that happens, and I don't think WG puts much weight on that.

As for your story.  Yup- some folks really are too dumb to chew gum and walk at the same time...   I'd have looked for somewhere else to be, too!   Low health pool DD VS a high dpm cruiser with radar and heals?  ( and who knows who was behind him, waiting for him to radar your butt)  Yeahhh- I'm gonna be over there if you need me...   DM should have done HIS job and dealt with that threat, instead of being a selfish Cap'n Salty.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles

Its cool to hear people have the positive side of getting TK'ed accidently. You saw he tried to help and it was a buddy moment. Nice to hear it was all positive for a change.

Not sure the forums are ready for it. Not much to dissect and twist other than those that will chide the "actions" rather than intent.

Needs moar drama..

He found out you cheated on him with another DD in a previous game. Intent.