You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Is Land of Fire too big for tier 8?

11 comments in this topic

Members
362 posts
1,442 battles

The Map just seems ridiculously large, even in my Benson it took ages to get from one cap to the next. My team started a large fight in the corner of the map (No idea why) and sank half the enemy ships for only a few losses on our team. The radar equipped enemy cruisers meant I couldn't engage or cap efficiently. The remaining enemy capped all the points in the mean time, it just took forever for my and a cruiser to get back to the objectives, in the end the timer ran down and we lost despite having the numerical advantage, the surviving enemy players just hid (a valid tactic) but for nearly 10m of zero shells been fired it became quite monotonous.

[SYN]
Members
15,034 posts
11,529 battles

it's too large for T6, but it's just fine for T8

• Cool 1

Members
1,140 posts

getting your opposition to overextend away from their objective is a valid tactic, especially if it can be done without firing a shot and allows you to take their objectives because they cannot get back in time.

that's not the map being to big, that just simply being outplayed probably because your team relaxed thinking the numerical advantage alone would carry them.

IMO all the maps are far to small and I would like to see some x4, x8 and x16 maps and some additional games with 40min, 60min and 90min timers, is looking forward to a x16 ocean map with a 90min time one day :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF8]
Members
77 posts
12,962 battles

The maps are big enough, or a little to big. The problem is most players get tunnel vision and only worry about the targets in front of them. If you look at most maps when you are sitting there bow tanking you have better advantage to other targets to your left or right.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,099 posts
16,445 battles
5 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

it's too large for T6, but it's just fine for T8

I agree on this.  It's no problem for Amagi, Bismarck, etc.  But doing those distances in Arizona, New Mexico, etc, sucks balls.  It's also just right for Tier VII.  Unless you got a slow a.f. Colorado.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF5]
Members
1,828 posts
2,524 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I agree on this.  It's no problem for Amagi, Bismarck, etc.  But doing those distances in Arizona, New Mexico, etc, sucks balls.  It's also just right for Tier VII.  Unless you got a slow a.f. Colorado.

Let's be honest, there are T5 maps that the CO struggles on. I know historical accuracy and all that, but 21 knots is just too slow for T7.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,099 posts
16,445 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Let's be honest, there are T5 maps that the CO struggles on. I know historical accuracy and all that, but 21 knots is just too slow for T7.

Everybody knows that.  21kts was already too slow for Tier V, much less Tier VI, and a hell freaking no for Tier VII :Smile_veryhappy:

[B_Y_F]
Members
198 posts
7,405 battles

your team choose a passive strategy and gave up map control in a big map in the first place....

It's your choose,so I don't really think you can blame the map.