You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

First ever 100k+ damage game! Woooo!

25 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Members
293 posts
6,936 battles

hoping many more comes to you!

GG :)

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,595 posts
5,737 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I feel a little less Potato now! 

I feel that statistically most would consider you still a learning player. And a 50% pvp win rate with less than 500 random battles is decent going.

True potatoes are guys with several thousand games and 40-45% win rates, who suicide with DDs and hump borders with BBs.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,595 posts
5,737 battles
14 minutes ago, Corvette3 said:

Nice to know i'm technically not a Potato... but... i feel like i'm missing something...

TBH WOWs does a totally crap job of teaching new players anything. No tutorial, nothing other than to throw newbies into a pve match with their garbage tier 1 starter ship, into the deep end, to figure things out on their own. This is one serious criticism I have of this game. There are hundreds of ships, multiple gimmicks, and a bunch of mechanics to learn, and Wg teaches you absolute F* all.

Newbies who really want to get better will go find guides and videos. Those who don't care or just play casually - which is the majority of the playerbase - remain ignorant of some very important mechanics, such as spotting and armour overmatch mechanics, thus becoming potatoes. But yeah... I think most seasoned veterans are reasonable people who will expect most newbies to have rubbish stats before they finally 'get it'. General rule of thumb is that anyone with less than 1000 battles is still a learner, but after that they should have spent enough time to have an idea of what they are doing. Personally I think if a player can maintain a win rate around 50% after 1000 battles then they are doing something right.

• Cool 1

Members
34 posts
1,303 battles

Well i do tend to watch alot of videos... i suppose its more about putting the information down in practice... currently i need to improve my BB aim at certain ranges...

[WOLF2]
Members
1,365 posts
9,390 battles
23 minutes ago, Corvette3 said:

Well i do tend to watch alot of videos... i suppose its more about putting the information down in practice... currently i need to improve my BB aim at certain ranges...

WoWS is an easy game to play, but takes a bit to master.    I compare it with my golf game.    Something's always off.   I can drive and putt, but my short game is off.   The next round, I can't three putt to save my life.

And just when you're about to throw the clubs in the water, you get that dream shot.   In WoWS, you get that devstrike or triple citadels.   That's the shot that keeps you playing and working on your game!

Congrats on hitting that 100k damage mark.  Here's to many more!

• Cool 1

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
786 posts
3,289 battles

Congrats!

On a side note: that poor Kongo...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,511 posts
18,366 battles

Nice well done OP, and that was just the first there are many more to come.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,946 posts
11,390 battles

I wish my gc average was 100k

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,810 posts
18,438 battles

100k at T5 is good work.  Not a lot of HP to harvest.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,888 posts
9,186 battles

Just wait until the frustration of getting repeated >100k games... that you lose. I had a 175k battle today, 3 kills and 11 cits, and we lost it.

[USCC2]
Members
4,909 posts

Congrats! Any personally set objective achieved is a great milestone and something to be proud of. :Smile_honoring:

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
786 posts
3,289 battles
6 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

TBH WOWs does a totally crap job of teaching new players anything. No tutorial, nothing other than to throw newbies into a pve match with their garbage tier 1 starter ship, into the deep end, to figure things out on their own. This is one serious criticism I have of this game. There are hundreds of ships, multiple gimmicks, and a bunch of mechanics to learn, and Wg teaches you absolute F* all.

I would like to make a comparison to another game that I used to play a lot before I found WoWs. It's the same thing with Team Fortress 2: the tutorials are a joke and the players end up having to look at guides and figure out how to play the game by themselves. Valve fails incredibly at teaching the players crucial mechanics, such as rocket jumping, and seems to have given up halfway due to how there's only tutorials for 4 player classes out of 9.

[OO7]
Members
5,441 posts
12,260 battles

Nice work!! Keep at it and you'll start seeing that record go higher. 

[SHAFT]
Members
632 posts
14,099 battles

Congrats!! GC is a very nice ship. Good game too seeing as your Bogue potatoed his planes against a Texas also.

Not to steal your thunder, but actually a bit more impressed by the Nurnberg that topped the team.

BB's just look at that boat and its citadel city.

[CNO]
Members
4,998 posts
15,768 battles

Congrats on the milestone!  Feels good.  I suspect you'll achieve many more.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,936 posts
1,437 battles
10 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Nicely done! I'm a little concerned about your unhealthy obsession with pastabotes.

They's so sexy looking, tho.