You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Ranked-out in Sprint Again

14 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts

I really like "Sprint" because it allows less-than-average players like me to accomplish something through sheer persistence if nothing else.

I did start getting good with the De Grasse though. That is, if I wasn't deleted in the first two or three minutes by a salvo from an unseen enemy because no DDs on my team were spotting.

I really like the smaller team size of Ranked because the individual is more important to the team and the deletion of a key ship on the other team can change the balance of the game completely.

It took me 81 games, so if I can do it then just about anyone can.

Untitled.jpg.ea494c2b690a5ba83bd16d4af73b6959.jpg 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

Members
808 posts
9,369 battles

I enjoy ranked sprint as well.  I am a fairly average player and have spread my time between Leander and T-61.  Both are good for ranked.  I was one game away from ranking out at 21 battles but had a bad string of battles and am not 4 wins away.  I love the ranked sprint games.  Just fast and enjoyable.  Tier 6 is an excellent tier to play as well with a lot of competitive ships to choose from.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,091 posts
13,027 battles

Played 10 battles and made it to 5, 5 more battles and still at 5 but with one less star. Been playing the PEF for the Mission.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,961 posts
10,459 battles

Once again I didn't play a single match in Ranked even if it was sprint. :Smile_hiding:

[ENEMY]
Members
383 posts
1,062 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Once again I didn't play a single match in Ranked even if it was sprint. :Smile_hiding:

why? sprint is easy as hell. Needing so few stars to advance in each rank, and irrevocable ranks every other rank, you could probably afk literally every battle and get carried to rank 1.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,505 battles

Good for you OP, I too like sprint over normal ranked and I particularly like 5v5.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,961 posts
10,459 battles
3 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

why? sprint is easy as hell. Needing so few stars to advance in each rank, and irrevocable ranks every other rank, you could probably afk literally every battle and get carried to rank 1.

I never got around to it, I just don't care about ranked even the much more palatable sprint.

[STW-M]
Members
2,666 posts
6,554 battles

I enjoy ranked sprint because it actually gives me a fighting chance at ranking out without having to play 300+ battles—as a college student, I pretty much will never have the time for that level of commitment.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,820 posts
12,073 battles

81 battles in sprint :fish_aqua: ... well congratz for take the R1!

[WOLF2]
Members
1,205 posts
8,352 battles

I'm enjoying sprint too.   Gives me a chance to pull some botes out of dry dock and build the skipper's points.    Also using this round for the PEF missions (although stopping Nerves of Steel until the PEF round 4 starts.   Collect coin for two separate missions)

The salt is pretty much nil.   A few snipes here and there. I play, as I'll always welcome the free flags and coal.  Not too much, but I'll take it.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles

They really need to limit the number of DD's per team. It was getting silly game after game near rank 1 being 5 DD with 2 BB.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
11 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

They really need to limit the number of DD's per team. It was getting silly game after game near rank 1 being 5 DD with 2 BB.

This is in part due to the fact that CL / CAs are so easy to kill by BB's. Also, BB's get a heal.

[TX]
Members
367 posts
4,412 battles

I wonder why Sprint Rank doesn't show up on the Web page's Player Stats.... but it does show in the games profile stat.

I'm currently at rank 2 after 40 games. But I'm scared in getting the 2 final stars... Scared I'll Rage when I end up being stuck at Rank 3 for the next 5 days.

Members
461 posts

Ranked out in less than 30 battles using the T-61. This ship really dominated and I felt kind of bad for the DDs that I was up against. 

If there was one plus to this season of Ranked Sprint, it was that there weren't legions of Giulio Cesare BBs.