You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyPHerFaZe

Neustrashimy Hype! I Spy With My Lil Eye

15 comments in this topic

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
311 posts
12,105 battles

Admittedly, of all the ships ever put out there by WG only two has ever that has piqued my interest as to when? I got to have it! Russian bias™ maybe. Of course it is the Stalingrad and the little jewel soon to come.

Anyway I spotted this while watching Fem instantly started screaming  Neustrashimy Hype! 

Neustrashimy Hype2.png

• Boring 1

Members
854 posts
10,722 battles
27 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

Of course it is the Stalingrad...

(Kronshtad grumbles off in the background)

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles

The name feels strangely British for a ship ('Fearless'), interesting. No idea what the ship is since I haven't touched the game in a while.

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles
1 hour ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

The name feels strangely British for a ship ('Fearless'), interesting. No idea what the ship is since I haven't touched the game in a while.

Soviet destroyers typically carry adjective as a name. Nothing "british" in that.

[SALVO]
Members
22,069 posts
22,500 battles
1 hour ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Actually, I thought that the name translated to "Dauntless".  

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Google Translate says it translates to 'Intrepid' and here's the definition of that. UXXQr67.png

So, it seems to line up with what I know.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,890 posts
9,194 battles
34 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Classical vs colloquial.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,300 battles

It's a Groz missing a turret and some spotting distance.  I've killed a couple when it first hit ST rotation, it's nothing crazy at the moment other than it might replace Kron and be "free".

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
311 posts
12,105 battles

The thing I pointed to on the image says "test mission" I've not seen that on any other ship a CC was testing. Does this mean maybe the ship will be released as a mission. so no steel, FXP. coal required. 

[WOLFG]
Members
6,248 posts
4,128 battles
2 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

The thing I pointed to on the image says "test mission" I've not seen that on any other ship a CC was testing. Does this mean maybe the ship will be released as a mission. so no steel, FXP. coal required. 

That may be what testers get.  A mission to test a ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,529 posts
8,734 battles
8 hours ago, FlakKnight said:

It's a Groz missing a turret and some spotting distance. 

I read somewhere it was one of the ships they originally used as a missile test-bed before deciding "never to go there" (hence the missing turret).

Depending on how primitive the missiles were, I could sort of see the very early ones being balanced within the game - but only at Tier 10, and only with some very severe restrictions on their use. I don't know about the development history of SA-N-1 or any other early Soviet SAM but early Terrier, for example, was a complete clusterfrack with a notably short range and terrible hit percentage (so much so that Kennedy demanded the retrofitting of gun armament to some of the early all-missile cruisers). You would wreak more havoc on attacking aircraft in a Worcester or a Neptune.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
311 posts
12,105 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

That may be what testers get.  A mission to test a ship.

IDK I've watched quite a few CC testers. I've never seen this on their screen before. When the last batch of test ships hit I was watching one them live. He finished a battle went to port BOOM! there they were. Chat went nuts asking him to play the Azuma. He said he had to check his e-mail to insure there wasn't a disclosure agreement first. That wasn't the first time I've seen or heard this from a tester. Usually the ships show up. They get an e-mail keep it on the DL or it's okay for public knowledge.  I've never seen one of them ever have "test mission" on any testers screen.    

[WOLFG]
Members
6,248 posts
4,128 battles
Just now, HyPHerFaZe said:

IDK I've watched quite a few CC testers. I've never seen this on their screen before. When the last batch of test ships hit I was watching one them live. He finished a battle went to port BOOM! there they were. Chat went nuts asking him to play the Azuma. He said he had to check his e-mail to insure there wasn't a disclosure agreement first. That wasn't the first time I've seen or heard this from a tester. Usually the ships show up. They get an e-mail keep it on the DL or it's okay for public knowledge.  I've never seen one of them ever have "test mission" on any testers screen.    

I was just guessing.  I've never watched testers on stream, so haven't seen the whole process.

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

It's basically a Grozovoi with less guns. And better concealment. And one tier lower.

My interest is piqued.

[KSC]
Members
1,051 posts
4,598 battles

Mejash was playing it last night.  

First ship he plays on the night.