CanadianArmoured

Hood AA after CV rework?

8 comments in this topic

[F4E-2]
Members
488 posts

Has anyone got any idea how the Hoods unique DFAA will work after the CV rework? Will it be just a short range sector buff or will it be the same as every other BB with the sector thing?

Members
11 posts
3,992 battles

Now that planes always passes over the ship with every attack run, if Hood's AA system remains the same, the planes will get annihilated with a single pass with DFAA active.

Members
110 posts
On 1/28/2019 at 4:27 AM, hamachi76 said:

Now that planes always passes over the ship with every attack run, if Hood's AA system remains the same, the planes will get annihilated with a single pass with DFAA active.

Just had a battle in mine and even with DFAA and the planes flying directly above my AA, I didn't kill a single plane. Only had two plane kills and that was with the help of a nearby Myoko. It's not that I'm upset with the changes for carriers (the new play style is less RNG based and gives the player more control over the results), I'm mad at the lack of results from my AA guns. I might have damaged one but I think the pilot was putting out a cigar and tossed over my ship. 

[JUGG]
Members
6 posts
12,772 battles

hello I just ran my hood and i notice at the stats there isn't any for the rockets pods and the dfaa seem to only work for the normal aa did WG get rid of the rockets? there still on the ships but seem they not in use anymore. i frist bought the hood for the short range cover of the rockets way before the rework does anyone know if WG goin to fix the rockets pods and bring them back into the stats and game?

[GNOME]
[GNOME]
Beta Testers
152 posts
7,281 battles

I am also curious about how the Hood is performing these days.  Bumping thread because I'd rather do that than make my own.