Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

Pre game of 30 seconds to pick a ship? would this be so bad?

6 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
704 posts
2,411 battles

I mean really thinking about it... instead of just being slapped into a game with a bunch of drones err humans. Would it be so bad to have a game mode where you Q up multiple ships within the same levels, get a little pre game lobby where you choose your ship and see what others are choosing, as well as the enemy? This would help fix problems, alleviate frustrations, and potentially bring about more communication.

Communication:
I've played games that do this, and the base line is this; More communication happens in those games naturally because the game mode itself supports it if you want to do well. Giving both teams a time to "plan" with what current vehicles/troops, or whatever the team has assembled, and what they can switch in and out. Even a 30 seond pre lobby (which already technically happens with the count down), extend that by an extra 30 seconds, with time to switch.

AA ship 4x in a row, finally switch to another, and get 2 carriers.. DX!!!! (Alleviating frustrations):

Yea we've all been there.. or played a DD 5x in a row, going up against a swarm of radar cruisers and CV's... These things wear on you, and make it quite unfun. Again with the ability to communicate, plan, and see what the enemy is potentially doing as well, you get to make sure you can pull out your AA ship when it'll be useful, and not russian roullete.

Helps fix problems:

Another way this can help fix problems, afkers, or people who did not connect. Say the pre game lobby time is up, and someone failed to connect, they can also have a check box on the screen come up which you have to press. Failure to do so, or failure to connect for an extra 20 seconds can result in you getting booted and another person fills the place from the Q.

-----------------

These are just idea's. Idea's I've seen work very successfully in other games. So please don't bite my head off for it.

• Bad 1

[-WTP-]
Members
747 posts
3,593 battles

no

theres gonna be a lot of people just switching and switching ships to counter one another

team composition will also have a higher chance of being one-sided

[5D5]
Members
2,583 posts
15,793 battles

The thread on the completely random ship selection from your inventory was a better suggestion than this.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
775 posts
3,807 battles

I think that having ship "Loadouts" (Flags, Modules, Consumables, etc) would be cool. but not changing your ship RIGHT before the game. 

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this