_Starbuck

Suspend 2 Tier Rule for Dynamo

5 comments in this topic

[2347]
Members
365 posts
7,592 battles

I was playing Operation Dynamo in a division with another member of my clan last night. He wanted to play the Tier 8 Cossack and I planned on bringing the Tier 6 Monaghan. Unfortunately, the game would not allow us to launch into battle because our ships were separated by more than one tier. I had to change to the Sims in order to play the battle with my division mate.

The +/- 1 tier rule is understandable in most instances, such as entering random battles with a division, but it is completely not relevant in other certain circumstances. In this instance, it was merely an annoyance. If only certain specific ships are allowed, as they are in Dynamo, then it stands to reason that other restrictions should be lifted as common sense dictates. This is a very minor issue and only impacts players rarely (I would assume), but I hope WG will give it a look and smooth out that small rough edge. Thanks.

Edited by _Starbuck
  • Cool 6

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,502 posts
17,949 battles

no it would not allow that because the scenario is restricted to tier 6 and 7 DDs! If tier 8s were allowed they would be shown in the allowable ship list!

[-PVE-]
Members
145 posts
10,539 battles

However it does work in a pug match of week. I was surprised to see a Cossack and a Monaghan in one game this past weekend? Not sure why it works there but not when putting a team together.

[HINON]
Members
11,435 posts
39 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

no it would not allow that because the scenario is restricted to tier 6 and 7 DDs! If tier 8s were allowed they would be shown in the allowable ship list!

Cossack is allowed for that op even though she is t8.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
938 posts
7,790 battles

This briefly threw my clan-mates and I off the other night when we all tried running it. One dude had a Cossack and it wouldn't let us go lol and it's on the list!

Edited by HeathenForay