You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Smoke from engine

5 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
931 posts
9,197 battles

Hello Captains,

This is more of a graphic question for you all.  Bear in mind that I do not play with ultra settings. I play with what I tried to tweak to squeeze out as much as possible for my aged PC.

The question is this:

When trying to see the smoke coming out of the ships, some are shown rather clearly (RN,USN BBs) and some do not (specially the French BBs - I assume they are playing with their speed variables). Therefore, is there a particular graphics setting that I have lowered or disabled that I could raise to see them all the time?

Or is there something I've completely overlooked. Of course this "issue" get worse with longer ranges (which I'm having issues with).

[RED]
Members
160 posts
9,964 battles

You also need to be aware of the space camo. It is very difficult to gauge ship speed since the space camo does not show actual smoke. I disable these camps in my viewer.

[NSEW]
Members
931 posts
9,197 battles

4 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

You also need to be aware of the space camo. It is very difficult to gauge ship speed since the space camo does not show actual smoke

Yes, I'm very much aware of those camo (talk about a trick up its sleeve). 

4 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

I disable these camps in my viewer.

How do you disable them?

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,780 posts
4,642 battles
6 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

You also need to be aware of the space camo. It is very difficult to gauge ship speed since the space camo does not show actual smoke. I disable these camps in my viewer.

No, but it does show a flame and that can sometimes be easier to see and gauge.

1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

How do you disable them?

There's a little settings button in the lower right corner in port.

But also, OP, I think every time you shift your view between third person and gunsight, the smoke is cleared and starts to accumulate again, which would mean for a few seconds after switching you won't have an appreciable 'trail' to look at.  I could be wrong - I haven't taken the time to verify this in game lately, but every other time I've seen smoke in a WG game, it tends to be blown away and then start issuing again when you change your view. 

[NSEW]
Members
931 posts
9,197 battles
1 hour ago, Fishrokk said:

But also, OP, I think every time you shift your view between third person and gunsight, the smoke is cleared and starts to accumulate again, which would mean for a few seconds after switching you won't have an appreciable 'trail' to look at.  I could be wrong - I haven't taken the time to verify this in game lately, but every other time I've seen smoke in a WG game, it tends to be blown away and then start issuing again when you change your view. 

That could be what is effecting the smoke plume to not show. This is something I really need to check as it's quite a main part of aiming process.