You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Like watching paint dry....

50 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles

To start off, no I am not a CV player, nor am I interested alot in the current RTS system. I haven't been able to play on the test servers due to limited time and different platform (Steam player with WG account). I would like to think of myself as open minded when it came to the CV rework and the new gameplay as it was shown however. I may even consider trying the rework for myself as well. It looks interesting, albeit still needing some work....

...and then I saw tier IV CV footage from the PTS

Imagine being a new player, excited to play a class with alot of historical importance. One would expect that the gameplay should be made in such a way as to make you excited in order to grind through the tiers and enjoy stronger and stronger carriers. Yet instead you encounter this. If this is the first gameplay a new player will have in CVs, I don't think many will have alot of interest in them. Add to that that with the removal of odd tiers you will have to play quite a bit to unlock a tier VI and yeah, I can see this becoming very tedious, very quickly. 

Of course, can't judge a whole rework from one video, so has anyone tried out the low tiers? Are they are bland as they look to be in the video?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[PVE]
Members
1,673 posts
7,158 battles

Like watching paint dry....its more fun to watch grass grow, even more entertaining to count ants. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,506 posts
14,483 battles

No thanks! I will just park my park my 10 CVs and all my other ships tiers 4 to 10 and play only tiers 1, 2 and 3 and not spend another dime on WoWs! They are going to have to either lose this garbage Wylie Coyote chasing a bullet CV rework or change it to joy stick controlled in the cockpit point of view! Make the player choose a plane type to fly. Give his CV way point commands. Give the other 2 plane types way point and attack commands, then take off from the CV deck fly his plane leading his plane type group into battle and land on the CV deck when his flights mission is complete. Anything less is pure B S !

• Bad 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,018 posts
2,843 battles

Reworked Tier 4 is playing pretty bad IMO.    Just wait until its only you and the enemy CV left, on opposite sides of the map.  Might as well just take a look at the timer...because that's how much time you are going to be playing for.      It takes off a lot better from there from my eyes with ships able to do a bit more alpha..  T4 is just like trying to win a war shooting BBs at each other.    Couple that with trying to learn mechanics for a 1st timer... yea it needs some work.       

Members
1,434 posts
1,163 battles

Maybe, instead of whining about poor damage...you do your team a solid and keep those enemy DDs spotted.

Since you won't be dealing much damage anyway...help your team win by improving their damage output ability!

It's not like your last two planes are ever going to be shot down by the enemy 'AA'...

• Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
9,611 posts
19,084 battles
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Maybe, instead of whining about poor damage...you do your team a solid and keep those enemy DDs spotted.

Since you won't be dealing much damage anyway...help your team win by improving their damage output ability!

It's not like your last two planes are ever going to be shot down by the enemy 'AA'...

While the ‘teamwork’ argument is valid, I have little faith in such actually occurring.

As far as ‘spotting for the team,’ goes; a carrier driver would serve that role better driving a destroyer; due to wider spotting range and more reliable damage potential.

[SBS]
Members
3,466 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

While the ‘teamwork’ argument is valid, I have little faith in such actually occurring.

As far as ‘spotting for the team,’ goes; a carrier driver would serve that role better driving a destroyer; due to wider spotting range and more reliable damage potential.

Nothing wrong with helping your team win while in the the ship you want to play, assuming you want to play CVs. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,002 posts
432 battles

We definitely encourage everyone to try the rework when it goes live and let us know your thoughts.  The team is very closely reading specific feedback on the mechanics and will make adjustments as needed. 

• Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,018 posts
2,843 battles
6 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We definitely encourage everyone to try the rework when it goes live and let us know your thoughts.  The team is very closely reading specific feedback on the mechanics and will make adjustments as needed. 

This sounds like we may not be getting another PTS session?       

[1STBG]
Members
1,241 posts
5,220 battles

I played CVs on the PTS and T4 was indeed boring and a challenge to do any real damage. T6 wasn't much better. Rockets do little damage, and AP bombs need to be perfectly aimed to get cits on BBs ( they overpen everything else). The PTS only requires 2000xp to advance to the next tier. I can see a lot of people getting bored and giving up before T8, which is where you can start having a decent impact. 

[SIMP]
Members
1,166 posts
12 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We definitely encourage everyone to try the rework when it goes live and let us know your thoughts. 

THIS ^

I'm getting sick of people NOT trying it for themselves and saying they hate the new system. There is a bias in the videos that you can't filter out.

PLAY THE REWORK FOR YOURSELVES - it's actually pretty fun when YOU play it. (Think soccer games - boring as hell to watch, really fun to PLAY).

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,292 posts
8,194 battles
17 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

So ignoring all other feedback, unrelated to the "specific mechanics" I presume.

this is like

sorry-i-cant-hear-you.jpg

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles
4 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

THIS ^

I'm getting sick of people NOT trying it for themselves and saying they hate the new system. There is a bias in the videos that you can't filter out.

PLAY THE REWORK FOR YOURSELVES - it's actually pretty fun when YOU play it. (Think soccer games - boring as hell to watch, really fun to PLAY).

As I have already said I don't have the capability at the moment to try for myself, this is why I'm asking about it. 

So could you tell me how Tier IV CVs play like and if the video does it justice? That's all I'm asking.

[SBS]
Members
3,466 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, capncrunch21 said:

I've played all of the TST rounds, and on the PTS.  I think the CVs are pretty fun to play, even T4.  Maybe its because its new and I'm enjoying the learning experience.  That said, I still have very serious concerns about the impact the rework will have on the game as a whole.  My point, there is plenty of people that have played it and either don't like it or have concerns.  Don't dismiss them.

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,885 posts
6,754 battles
44 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Those poor B*****ds...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,292 posts
8,194 battles
35 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

As I have already said I don't have the capability at the moment to try for myself, this is why I'm asking about it. 

So could you tell me how Tier IV CVs play like and if the video does it justice? That's all I'm asking.

For someone totally new to the game and/or cvs, probably quite fun, for the initial two or three battles. But then reality will sink in, and the repetitive nature of the rework magic carpet arcade style will quickly prove tedious. Dmg feels medium soft capped, it is very difficult to push out any meaningful high dmg scores (impossible perhaps), in comparison to a t4 dd that can attain 100k dmg, quite easily, a well played t4 cv will only manage 50k dmg, in a good battle.

Don't forget also, with odd number cvs removed, tier 4-6 will be a very long grind.

(some of us have pushed for t4 to be made more dynamic, given the long grind, and for Air/AA mechanics to be present in the game from tier 2, just so that new players are already made aware within protected MM, of the presence of airpower, and basic anti-air avoidance measures, thus allowing for a more dynamic/complex and aggressive tier 4 CV gameplay/ (But this feedback will probably be ignored, as it has been for the past 4 years)

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,166 posts
50 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I played CVs on the PTS and T4 was indeed boring and a challenge to do any real damage. T6 wasn't much better. Rockets do little damage, and AP bombs need to be perfectly aimed to get cits on BBs ( they overpen everything else). The PTS only requires 2000xp to advance to the next tier. I can see a lot of people getting bored and giving up before T8, which is where you can start having a decent impact. 

But, but, but....   AA NEEDS TO BE STRONGER BECAUSE I"M NOT SHOOTING DOWN ANY OF THOSE AIRPLANES THAT ARE DOING NEXT TO NO DAMGE TO ME!!!!1111!!!!!!!!  THE NEW SYSTEM ISN"T WORKING LIKE THE OLD SYSTEM!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
791 posts

This was my biggest issue with testing the rework... I found the entire CV gameplay to be very boring. At least from t4-8, tX was not quite as boring, but Id sitll find BB sniping at 20km more exciting.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
858 posts
52 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Those poor B*****ds...

Yep , I imagine the dev offices and inboxes will be looking like this.

the-flamethrower-in-hacksaw-ridge.jpeg?r

[YORHA]
Members
3,885 posts
6,754 battles
23 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Yep , I imagine the dev offices and inboxes will be looking like this.

the-flamethrower-in-hacksaw-ridge.jpeg?r

I got down voted on that comment!

The irony is heeeeeeeeeeeelarious with some of these people.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles

I suspect the current PTS meta of Very Little Damage is meant to stop the CVs being God Tier when the rework goes live. Better to have them not powerful enough and gradually worked up than too powerful and having to be nerfed.  I also suspect that detonations have been turned off for airstrikes. We shall see what happens with that in the long run.

• Boring 2