Sign in to follow this  
Katakis

Paypal /CC payment options not working.

11 comments in this topic

[RLENT]
Members
56 posts
3,627 battles

A month ago or so, i tried to buy 2 Guineas, so i could get that DD thats int he Arsenal. Tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Paypal and even Credit Card (though i REALLY didnt wanted to use this option). Both failed on all browsers. The only one that always worked was the Amazon pay option.....but seems to be history.

So today , i tried to buy 5 container for the Belle Epoque thingie but im not able to it still. Same problem on 3 different browsers. WG is the only site i have problems using my card or paypal.

Do you guys dont want my money? I assume so.

In that case, please put all premium shop items up for free, which would create much less hassle and a really grateful player community.

/end of letter of resignation for using the premium shop.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,300 battles

The way the WG payment system as built on the website uses popups and is often falsely flagged as an XSS attack by some security/ad blockers.  I've had other sites have this issue as well.

The easiest way around this is to go in-game and click the PayPal button to bring you to the page which allows you to link your PayPal to the WG account.  This worked for me at least.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,716 posts
14,135 battles

Heyo Captain,

I have moved this to support as it is more relevant to your issue.

This is something I'd recommend taking up with CS through the ticketing system.

If you're not sure how to submit a ticket you can follow the instructions here: 

Fem,

[RLENT]
Members
56 posts
3,627 battles

I do have my PP account linked to the ingame shop, but it just gives me an "whoops somethign went wrong" error.

I opened a ticket...maybe it helps.

[RLENT]
Members
56 posts
3,627 battles

Just got an answer from support telling me that my bank declined the transfer. Either due to wrong information/missing funds/ or fraud protection.

The purchase i did earlier today on Steam using my PP account disagrees with that assessment.

Well was worth giving it a shot.

Members
7 posts
458 battles

As of today my PayPal / Debit Card  has quit working to buy anything in the Premium shop. used it 3 times this weekend. What the Hell is going on War Gaming ?

Members
7 posts
458 battles

@Katakis Same thing to me all day "  Whoops, something went wrong " I even switch to my Bank Card, plenty of money there, same message. So it is not just you having the problem.

Members
7 posts
458 battles

@Femennenly Not to sound negative to you, but did that after the 3rd time this morning and still waiting for my ticket to be addressed.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles

Most of the time, it's *your card issuing bank* that won't put through the transaction, because if you're buying on the WG premium shop it is an international transaction via Cyprus.

I've never had a problem getting WG to accept my money, but, I've had to let my credit card issuing bank know that yes, those are legit transactions, then they let them through.  By default, they blocked them.

It's not that WG themselves are known for fraud, but there's a lot of laundered Russian money flowing through Cyprus.  

Short version: in most cases, call your own credit card issuer, not WG.  WG doesn't want to block your card.  They will happily take your money.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,716 posts
14,135 battles
4 hours ago, Matt_CAG1 said:

@Femennenly Not to sound negative to you, but did that after the 3rd time this morning and still waiting for my ticket to be addressed.

Tickets can take up to 48h to be replied to. We answer them in a first in first out system...

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

ill suggest going directly on wargaming website to make a purchase that should give you better result i think

dont use the in game link its sometime buggy

Sign in to follow this