You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

supercontainers still a thing?

24 comments in this topic

[CWGC]
Members
819 posts
2,607 battles

i think ive opened about 200 "more resources" containers in the last while and no SC's?

[RSWF]
Members
16 posts
7,699 battles

Occasionally show up.  I always select more resources.

Week or two ago, received a super with Molotov in it.

Members
2,278 posts
3,967 battles

Yes.  Rarely.  To brag a little,  I got one while grinding up the coal for my Musashi AND,  after over a hundred supercontainers,  it contained my first ship.

[BASIN]
Members
13 posts
2,943 battles

yes have gotten 3 from more resources, one with 15000 coal which I was very happy about and the other two having a graf spee and 1000 doubloons which i wasn't as happy about, but hey not complaining about free stuff

[O_O]
Members
5,442 posts
12,430 battles

I average about 2 per month, TBH. :cap_tea:

I pick Resources containers most of the time, although sometimes for my 3rd container of the day I'll pick Try Your Luck.

If I have received 50-60 without a super container, I'll switch to Try Your Luck until I hit one.

Then I start the process over.

Edited by desmo_2

[A-D-F]
Members
1,830 posts

They are still around, but the drop signals or camo nowadays, so to avoid running afoul of truth in advertising laws, they are being renamed. Supercontainers will henceforth be called thoroughly pedestrian containers.

• Funny 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,983 posts
4,264 battles

After a very long dry spell I actually got two this weekend...  one of them containing Hood.   1st ship I have received from a super container.    The other had 50 mosaic camo's which aren't really a bad haul either.  The RNG was with me this weekend.   I usually run 1st crate as TYL and then resources for the others..  This weekend I switched that up and selected TYL as second crate choice?  One came on a resource crate & the other as a TYL.    Might be my own experience, but it seems like at times i get them more regular when I mix up my choices a bit...          

[MIA-P]
Members
686 posts
6,862 battles

Nope.

Few of the 'common folk' know about this, but SCs were eliminated from the game last december by the shadowy Juliet Yankee Bissotwo Society. They posed a threat to the Society's schemes aimed at making YBS the dominant signal flag used in the game by providing players with supplies of signal flags other than YBS. When a deal to have SCs only carry YBS signal flags fell through, the Society took action by more nefarious means. Now, the only 'supercontainers' you see are imposters and frauds.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,759 posts

I used to average about 1 SC every 6 months. 

In December I started 1 - Resources, 2 - TYL, and 3 (infrequent) - Resources ... got 4 SC's in that month and 1 SC on Jan 2.

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLF3]
Members
1,622 posts
6,237 battles
46 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

They are still around, but the drop signals or camo nowadays, so to avoid running afoul of truth in advertising laws, they are being renamed. Supercontainers will henceforth be called thoroughly pedestrian containers.

I hit a TPC (thoroughly pedestrian container) earlier today.

100 flags worth 750,000 credits when sold.  

[WOLFA]
Members
175 posts
8,701 battles

I always select Resources Containers. I received a Super Container this past weekend.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,143 battles

Yep they exist but seem a little more rare. I always choose more resources for the coal and last night my 3rd crate was a SC with 100 x “more health reload” signals! I use these and was running short so was happy. Free is free and I’ll never turn it down :cap_like:

[KSC]
Members
1,050 posts
4,598 battles

I got back to back supercontainers on Saturday, but those are the first I've seen in a few months.  They come in spurts I've found.  

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

got one awhile back on my alt account

what i got wasn't too shabby...7 days of warships premium time

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,586 posts
5,729 battles

They still exist. I got a Murmansk from one a couple of weeks ago. It isn't a ship I'm interested in but thanks game I guess.

Members
126 posts
15,388 battles

I average at least one a week.. Sometimes it goes dry.. then it makes up for it with 2-3 a week. A clanmate bought me a week of normal WG premium for xmas.. I got 2 weeks of warships premium out of a supercontainer.. felt bad because it wasted his money.

[NSEW]
Members
1,256 posts
7 minutes ago, BirdForce said:

I average at least one a week.. Sometimes it goes dry.. then it makes up for it with 2-3 a week. A clanmate bought me a week of normal WG premium for xmas.. I got 2 weeks of warships premium out of a supercontainer.. felt bad because it wasted his money.

Must be nice to have someone gift you. Good to know that despite the reputation of OPG, there is a silver lining. :cap_book:

Members
4,807 posts
7,953 battles

Last one I got the other day was 1000 doubloons.

Edited by CylonRed

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,312 posts

If the odds of getting a supercontainer at each try without choosing "try your luck" are 1.5%, the odds of getting at least one supercontainer in 200 tries should be about 99%. However, it's not 100% that one will drop. If you have not seen a supercontainer in 200 tries you just have had very bad luck.

For about  a year I kept track of super-containers. At "try your luck" I was getting about three for every 100 tries. With the standard tries I generally went more then 50 tries before I got a supercontainer, so less than two per 100 tries.

When super-containers netted you 250 flags, it was a "no brainer" on whether to go with "try your luck" or not. However, now that you only get 25 or 50 flags it probably makes more sense to go with the standard selection.

Sometimes super-containers are amazing though. Here are my best hauls:

De Grasse (this might have been in a Santa Container)

Arizona

30 days Premium time

7 Days Premium time

1000 Doubloons (x 3)   

Edited by Snargfargle

[LOSC]
[LOSC]
Members
446 posts

Not sure what the deal is but the last couple of Supercontainers have been Halloween camo....What a slap in the face

as that has to be the worst thing anyone could ever want or need.