You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Poletramp

Unique Upgrades ("Legendary" Upgrades)

16 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
Members
6 posts
4,795 battles

Can someone tell  me why the Daring does not get one like the other tier X ship`s ?  I'm thinking it could use maybe one for 15% better concealment , any thoughts on this ?

Edited by Poletramp
spelling

[CRMSN]
Members
8,519 posts
9,171 battles

It takes time to do them. The RN DD's havent been out all that long, they need a lot of data before they can start working on LU's, and then they have to test them, just like everything in the game.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,143 battles

As Krimzon said, it takes time to add them. Have to admit, a concealment buff would be a good one for the Daring. Knowing the RN’s luck though it’ll probably get something like a buff for bigger smoke distribution (size) and a - of reduction to concealment meaning you’re detected at 6.5 km :cap_haloween:

Edited by Bravo4zero

[SC]
Members
7 posts
11,357 battles

Question on these legendary modules. Can you sell them? If you can, how do you get them back?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,080 posts
On 1/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, Poletramp said:

Can someone tell  me why the Daring does not get one like the other tier X ship`s ?  I'm thinking it could use maybe one for 15% better concealment , any thoughts on this ?

Harugumo  Doesn't either.............................

[CVA16]
Members
3,710 posts
12,049 battles

Have to also remember that most Legendary Upgrades come with a significant trade-off cost. Sometimes as part of the upgrade and sometimes by it being placed in a slot where you have to choose between the LU and some otherwise critical module. Sometimes it is both. WG will eventually make a LU for the Daring. It is unlikely to be all you are hoping for. There are a number of upgrades out there that almost nobody will use once they earn them.

[CUTER]
Members
2,916 posts
12,208 battles
On 1/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, Bravo4zero said:

As Krimzon said, it takes time to add them. Have to admit, a concealment buff would be a good one for the Daring. Knowing the RN’s luck though it’ll probably get something like a buff for bigger smoke distribution (size) and a - of reduction to concealment meaning you’re detected at 6.5 km :cap_haloween:

Daring needs significant nerfs to be balanced at even at Gearing/Yue Yang levels of concealment.

She might have more tools available for her than everything else.  Short fuse RN AP, blistering rate of fire, the most DD friendly smokes in the game, a defensive hydro, built in PM2, 360 degree rotation turrets, single launch torp options, one of the best fire chance per minute, and she friggin repairs herself too!

She would have to lose most of that.

Most of the people that sent me videos are not using their gun enough, and treat their smoke like normal DD smoke leaving battle with 3-4 unused smokes.  That is a lot of wasted damage potential.  I’ll try to squeeze in a Daring video soon.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,143 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Daring needs significant nerfs to be balanced at even at Gearing/Yue Yang levels of concealment.

She might have more tools available for her than everything else.  Short fuse RN AP, blistering rate of fire, the most DD friendly smokes in the game, a defensive hydro, built in PM2, 360 degree rotation turrets, single launch torp options, one of the best fire chance per minute, and she friggin repairs herself too!

She would have to lose most of that.

Most of the people that sent me videos are not using their gun enough, and treat their smoke like normal DD smoke leaving battle with 3-4 unused smokes.  That is a lot of wasted damage potential.  I’ll try to squeeze in a Daring video soon.

I’d appreciate that mate because I’m struggling with Daring more than any of my other ships and not being the best player I struggle with most! 

I was lucky to get the Lightning in the 1st RN crate I opened and love her ... concealment, manueverability, good guns etc. I felt like the Daring was a downgrade so look forward to seeing how she should be played as at the moment I feel there isn’t anything she can do that any other of my DD’s can’t do better (Z-52/Groz being my choice of ship for CW).

Thanks!

[CUTER]
Members
2,916 posts
12,208 battles
2 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’d appreciate that mate because I’m struggling with Daring more than any of my other ships and not being the best player I struggle with most! 

I was lucky to get the Lightning in the 1st RN crate I opened and love her ... concealment, manueverability, good guns etc. I felt like the Daring was a downgrade so look forward to seeing how she should be played as at the moment I feel there isn’t anything she can do that any other of my DD’s can’t do better (Z-52/Groz being my choice of ship for CW).

Thanks!

I'm still at work right now, so to start out with this is my suggested build:

http://bit.ly/2MA4tqZ

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,143 battles
17 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I'm still at work right now, so to start out with this is my suggested build:

http://bit.ly/2MA4tqZ

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. I have my Capt set exactly the same other than I have RPF instead of IFHE. I’ll make that change and give that a try. I’ll still be interested in the video for play style though. I’m a very “team” oriented player which means I usually keep my guns quiet a lot and try to spot and cap more than do damage so I’m obviously not get the most out of Daring! Thanks again

[CUTER]
Members
2,916 posts
12,208 battles
5 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. I have my Capt set exactly the same other than I have RPF instead of IFHE. I’ll make that change and give that a try. I’ll still be interested in the video for play style though. I’m a very “team” oriented player which means I usually keep my guns quiet a lot and try to spot and cap more than do damage so I’m obviously not get the most out of Daring! Thanks again

Thats the issue.

You have team focused DDs (Gearing being the best) and you have solo play DDs like Z-52, Daring, Grozovoy, etc where you can best help your team by saving your consumables for yourself to accomplish important tasks like capping and killing DDs.  Daring is every bit the gun boat that Harugumo is, and she cannot suffer BB AP pen damage.  Your job is to wear out and kill enemy DDs then harass everything with your AP or HE fire spam.  I tend to shoot at ships until ships start getting close to hitting me then smoke up to keep shooting them.  The quick smokes are prefect for forcing a DCP with the first smoke and following up with unrepairable fires the second smoke. 

You can also force enemy DDs to smoke up, smoking up if you need to disengage, then press them again while their smoke is on cool down for another minute or so (yours will be up much quicker allowing you to disengage with a smoke and if done correctly permit allies to spot the target if they shoot at you while you finish it from relative safety of your smoke.  Its nasty 1+2 combo that most players are unable to deal with.

Just a few ideas.  My Lightning video is probably the most detailed at the moment for RN tactics, but all of the tech tree ships have gems in them.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,143 battles
9 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Only had time for a single Daring game:

Thanks for posting this mate. I’ve watched it and it’s given me some ideas/knowledge that’ll I’ll try to apply to my game. I’ve added your YouTube channel to my daily “watchlist” so will be sure to keep an eye out for content. Thanks mate! o7

[CUTER]
Members
2,916 posts
12,208 battles
20 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Thanks for posting this mate. I’ve watched it and it’s given me some ideas/knowledge that’ll I’ll try to apply to my game. I’ve added your YouTube channel to my daily “watchlist” so will be sure to keep an eye out for content. Thanks mate! o7

If you would like, send me a replay from this patch.  I'll do a personal video with commentary of what you do well and what you can do better.  Its best to pick an average to poor game as there is likely more learning opportunities in that game. 

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,143 battles
53 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

If you would like, send me a replay from this patch.  I'll do a personal video with commentary of what you do well and what you can do better.  Its best to pick an average to poor game as there is likely more learning opportunities in that game. 

Will do mate! As far as sending a poor to average game, not sure I’ll have a problem with that unfortunately :cap_haloween: