You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Fun question! Most fun ship for coop?

90 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts

Just somthing fun.

T5 German crusier! I have blast every time. Most game are over 100k there He flying amazing AP cuts and always a torped BB.

Its just alot of fun!

Whats yours?

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,347 posts
11,285 battles

I did some of my legendary grind win missions in co-op in Hindenburg and found it fairly hilarious. Tanky, good alpha, good DPM, bots close in and you have a pretty heavy torpedo load to enjoy there.

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles

Massachusetts, Grosser Kurfurst both with full secondary build and Musashi….

[ARGSY]
Members
8,836 posts
5,932 battles

This is one of the reasons I hung on to my Konigsberg also. 

Atlanta is fun, but the free-to-play crowd can't get her without being lucky in a supercontainer, so I'll nominate the Helena. I omitted Concealment Expert on my Helena to fit inertia fuse for high explosive, and the damage numbers just skyrocketed. With the slightly increased range over Atlanta, the slightly bigger shells, and fifteen on them on the broadside, she's good for missions that require you to wreck modules or set fires when the Atlanta has been sunk & is not in port, or if I want a change of pace. I already had Cleveland from the cruiser split, so there was no need for the Helena ever to earn her keep in XP terms or for the Helena's captain to move up. Also I won the Remembrance Night camo in a grind late last year, so she has permacamo and earns XP well. 

The Black Swan in co-op used to be my ultimate chill, but WG offered so many winnable things in 2018/the 0.7.X patches that I have sadly neglected her.

Yubari can be fun, and is available for coal. If you are just starting out and developing multiple lines at once, you might be staying low-tier for long enough to earn the coal for her. Having both guns and torps makes her a potential retrainer for the low-tier Japanese cruisers and destroyers.

A lot of people have had a lot of fun in the St Louis over the life of the game, and now her premium cousin Charleston is available for coal. IMO there is probably not enough in performance difference to choose between them, and if you haven't started the US cruiser line yet for whatever reason then she's a good captain retrainer from Tier 1 all the way up to Tier 4 and maybe even Tier 5. You have six-inch guns from the very start, so the captain skills are going to mesh well.

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,784 posts
14,235 battles

Derpitz, secondarys on one ship, guns on another... full flank up the middle and try to get torps off on each side

• Cool 3

[MWM]
Supertester
300 posts
7,409 battles

Big fan of Clemson & Le Terrible

Clemson for its (Juking) torp spam.

Le Terrible because its a speed demon gun boat.

:dance_turtle:

[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is one of the reasons I hung on to my Konigsberg also. 

Atlanta is fun, but the free-to-play crowd can't get her without being lucky in a supercontainer, so I'll nominate the Helena. I omitted Concealment Expert on my Helena to fit inertia fuse for high explosive, and the damage numbers just skyrocketed. With the slightly increased range over Atlanta, the slightly bigger shells, and fifteen on them on the broadside, she's good for missions that require you to wreck modules or set fires when the Atlanta has been sunk & is not in port, or if I want a change of pace. I already had Cleveland from the cruiser split, so there was no need for the Helena ever to earn her keep in XP terms or for the Helena's captain to move up. Also I won the Remembrance Night camo in a grind late last year, so she has permacamo and earns XP well. 

The Black Swan in co-op used to be my ultimate chill, but WG offered so many winnable things in 2018/the 0.7.X patches that I have sadly neglected her.

Yubari can be fun, and is available for coal. If you are just starting out and developing multiple lines at once, you might be staying low-tier for long enough to earn the coal for her. Having both guns and torps makes her a potential retrainer for the low-tier Japanese cruisers and destroyers.

A lot of people have had a lot of fun in the St Louis over the life of the game, and now her premium cousin Charleston is available for coal. IMO there is probably not enough in performance difference to choose between them, and if you haven't started the US cruiser line yet for whatever reason then she's a good captain retrainer from Tier 1 all the way up to Tier 4 and maybe even Tier 5. You have six-inch guns from the very start, so the captain skills are going to mesh well.

Wow your kicming it with a t1! Awsom!$!!

[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts
22 minutes ago, mofton said:

I did some of my legendary grind win missions in co-op in Hindenburg and found it fairly hilarious. Tanky, good alpha, good DPM, bots close in and you have a pretty heavy torpedo load to enjoy there.

never even thought of that. I have to grind that will try it.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,836 posts
5,932 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

Wow your kicming it with a t1! Awsom!$!!

Not as well as some. But if you ever get sick of torpedo spam, smoke, radar, hydro, aircraft and all the gimmicks, T1 has none of that. 

Just be aware that T1 Randoms is a different kettle of fish from co-op; one wrong move and the experts down there will eat you alive and spit out your bones.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,036 posts
442 battles

A lot of it really depends on what Tier you want to play but I've had a lot of fun in the Texas, GC, Atlanta....ok there might be a theme running here.   I've also found DDs in general a lot more fun in co-op but that may just be a me thing.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[SOV]
Members
1,769 posts
5 minutes ago, Malarkey_ said:

Big fan of Clemson & Le Terrible

Clemson for its (Juking) torp spam.

Le Terrible because its a speed demon gun boat.

:dance_turtle:

Love the turtle

[H_]
Members
379 posts
8,521 battles

Don't play CO-OP much but, Scharnhorst and Tirpitz are my favorites.. Gotta love the secondary's :)

[ALL41]
Members
175 posts
5,708 battles

My best game was last night in my Jean Bart....main guns fighting to the front, while the big secondary guns are fighting to the rear.   

[TDRB]
Members
2,089 posts

Grinding commander points on my Scharnhorst & Tirpitz so I do not drive my Bismark much. Took it in a coop last, night sailed into the center and my secondaries cleaned house. But I'd have to say my Helena is my favorite for coops but I do enjoy all my cruisers.

Beta Testers
406 posts
3,821 battles

Sims and Haida and like that rascally goof-ball dog you had that always makes you smile cause they're just so much fun. 

Missouri, cause Missouri. 'nuff said.

Musashi cause it's just down home dumb fun and there's nothing at all fancy about it. Which is great.

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
134 posts
14,820 battles

Several fun ships available.  I agree with previous posts, but one warship not mentioned yet is the Friant, a modern little cruiser at Tier III sinking WWI veterans.

FYI, AI does not prioritize ships like Omaha and the French BBs, so squishy ships are more fun in Co-op.

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles

I recently started the IJN cruiser line. I have fallen in love with the Kuma. Swish right.........torpedo............swish left torp again.........rinse and repeat for fun and hilarity 40 second reload, what is there not to love with that!!!

[KAPPA]
Members
529 posts
5,260 battles

A BB with big guns and a high speed always suits me well. Failing that, a high speed. I love a nice slow BB sometimes, but never in co-op if I can help it. Mo, for lack of better options, is my choice. Kongou, PEF and Ashitaka are other fun choices, though.

For DDs, nice guns and numerous torps. Kitakaze and Okhotnik are my preferred ones.

For CAs... ...I guess Des Moines and Salem? Although, the new IJN accuracy feels good, so maybe them, too. Salem is my ship of choice.

CLs? Duca D'aosta and Atlanta sing for me. Need to be competent at being a matador, though, turning BB shells into bulls you sidestep. The BBs can be predictable, if deadly accurate. If you wiggle at the right moment, they won't obliterate you.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
373 posts
2,920 battles

Tier:

II:  Albany

III: Charleston

IV: Arkansas Beta

V: Kongou

VI:   This tier is a hard one.  Tossup between Mutsu/WV41/Independence/HSF Graf Spee

VII: Scharnhorst

VIII: Massachusetts

IX: Musashi

X: Yamato

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
129 posts
5,726 battles

Any Brawling BB like the Tirpitz, Massachusetts, or any Daka Daka Ship like a Wooster.

[PRI]
Members
2 posts

For the mid-tiers, I'll break with the pack and go with the Oktyobr and the Ishizumi.   The Okt is fun to just ride into the middle and take insane amounts of abuse while spreading HE around.   The Ishi is an excellent BC at that tier, with some nasty secondary pushback and plenty of speed and maneuverability to bring it.