Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NarcoIeptic

Yueyang torpedo tubes destroyed

15 comments in this topic

[DOW]
Members
16 posts
4,707 battles

Happens all the time.  I've got main armaments mod 1 and preventative maintenance to balance out torp tubes mod 3, but holy crap do my tubes get destroyed a lot.  Usually in a single salvo.  What's the deal here?  I do the same in all my other DD's and never have them get destroyed, and rarely knocked out.  wth is happening? It's starting to make me actually angry, especially with the nerf to YY now.

Edited by NarcoIeptic

[JASH]
Members
3,616 posts
9,514 battles

That plus the ROF reduction, YY leg. mod., and the additions of Kitakaze and Harugumo are all part the same comprehensive Yueyang nerf package because the radar is too strong in clan wars and the hull sits too low in the water. :Smile_trollface:

[PLPT]
Members
849 posts
8,123 battles

The YY torps and guns are incredibly vulnerable, more than Gearing’s.  IIRC, Kuro had his rear tube destroyed with a single shell... He submitted a ticket but no, it’s “failing as intended.”

Members
2,158 posts
10,793 battles
5 minutes ago, n00bot said:

The YY torps and guns are incredibly vulnerable, more than Gearing’s.  IIRC, Kuro had his rear tube destroyed with a single shell... He submitted a ticket but no, it’s “failing as intended.”

It was a single volley of both front turrets from a DM. Of those it appeared two hit the #2 mount at the same time. There was no chance for repairing a disabled module, it just died. My ship was undamaged prior to this engagement. I did submit the ticket with the replay and two YouTube clips of the incident from both perspectives. The short version of the discussion with support was that it was unfortunate but working as designed.

I can link the clips here if someone wants to see it.

The issue is so bad I run reload instead of TTM3 on her and still max the torp module durability. I still lose a tube about once every 30 games. Gearing is bad, but not bad enough for me to take that drastic measure. 

To put it into perspective I lose a torp tube on Shima maybe once a clan battle season where I might play hundreds of games with her.

[JASH]
Members
3,616 posts
9,514 battles

There was a period of time, prior to about 6 to 8 months ago, when it seemed to me USN DD, and by extension PA US origin DD, torpedo tubes didn't get destroyed as often. This is my perception; YMMV.  

I've had one or both tubes destroyed on Fletcher, Gearing, Chung Mu and Yueyang numerous times since early in 2018.

I also remember the very first battle I played Gearing with leg. mod. many months back and had a Shima destroy a forward turret. This was many months prior to IJN DD HE alpha increased. That had never happened before and it's never happened since. 

Edited by MrKilmister

[DOW]
Members
16 posts
4,707 battles
On 1/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

It was a single volley of both front turrets from a DM. Of those it appeared two hit the #2 mount at the same time. There was no chance for repairing a disabled module, it just died.

This is my issue.  Not that they get knocked out, but DESTROYED in a single volley.  Happens to me all the damn time.  It makes me not want to play YY anymore.  I'm fine with having to blow a repair on fixing them, but just getting them deleted in one shot is ridiculous.

Edited by NarcoIeptic

Members
2,158 posts
10,793 battles
8 minutes ago, NarcoIeptic said:

This is my issue.  Not that they get knocked out, but DESTROYED in a single volley.  Happens to me all the damn time.  It makes me not want to play YY anymore.  I'm fine with having to blow a repair on fixing them, but just getting them deleted in one shot is ridiculous.

Are you running TTM3?

[DOW]
Members
16 posts
4,707 battles
7 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Are you running TTM3?

Whoops, I'll edit my OP.  But yes.  I am.  Hence main battery mod 1 and priority maintenance.  To bring it back up to base chance to be disabled.

Edited by NarcoIeptic

Members
2,158 posts
10,793 battles
17 minutes ago, NarcoIeptic said:

Whoops, I'll edit my OP.  But yes.  I am.  Hence main battery mod 1 and priority maintenance.  To bring it back up to base chance to be disabled.

Thats how I had her configured.  I still had unacceptable losses.  I switched to reload and the issues reduced to acceptable levels with PM and MBM1 still in use.

Members
614 posts
3,335 battles

DD torp tubes shouldn't be a destroyable module. Its bad enough when they break and reset a 2 minute reload.

Kind of feel the same about BB main turrets. They should just get knocked out for longer periods of time, not taken out of the game completely all because the RNG decided to take a steaming dump on you. 

One of those quality of life changes that has yet to make it to the game.

Edited by ksix

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,006 posts
4,375 battles

the YY always had questionable durability issues....no idea why anyone would play it post nerf.

[FAE]
Members
2,322 posts
2,885 battles

Yep. this is  comfort issue too. 

Awful. 

Sign in to follow this