You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

116 comments in this topic

Members
161 posts
9,911 battles

It's for bonkers missions like these that makes it a good idea to hoard economic camos and dragon pennants. I used my stockpile and finished the grind for 6 nations in about 8 hours. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,185 posts
4,549 battles
14 hours ago, Abbye said:

I've gotten over 1 million on Random Cossack games with appropriate camo/flags.  The only thing I'm changing is to equip the credit camo/flags and I may do some grinding on specific countries ships on the weekend.... when I'd be doing it anyway.

I only expect 1 or 2 countries to be a grind (FR and either commonwealth or Pan Asian), and that's only cause I don't play them much.

Abbye

I managed RN requirement last night playing Hood..  I tried Warspite in ranked & OPs and with a good game it wasn't doing enough....Played my daily in a neptune one game and  finished up with Hood in randoms, Hadn't really played it much..But that ship has potential.. Armor and mobility make for a pretty forgiving vessel, even though the ammo seems a little lacking.    Just won it in a SC a week ago.. I was pretty impressed with the ship..     I should have tried Cossack..   But I really not that confident a DD player at high tiers. So I stayed away.     At this point I'm only really worried about trying to do either Pan-Asian ( Loyang only... same issue  as above) Or Italian with Gulio.   Its going to make me play a bit more than I usually do.. But not much and the games had a different flavor last night really..mostly just battles filled with premiums.  T7 seemed like a sweet spot.  I don't think I saw a T9 match at all.  A few T8s but not many of them when I did.     

[TASC]
Members
306 posts
8,112 battles
On 1/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For those with the PEF already: are you going to grind all the way through her and then switch, alternate between PEF and the other nation of choice, or focus on PEF first but take out a ship of the other nation if you need to wait for your sunken PEF to be available again? Unless you have oodles of time up your sleeve, starting the next battle ASAP is probably going to be a priority here.

my plan after testing last night is to run the PEF and if sunk run the MO till the PEF is up again. it takes me with my poor play 4 games per million so 16 games more or less with 1.5 million done last night and this morning. the MO is about 3 game per million for me as i seem to be focused down early most games, ( my poor play i know ) so i only get about 400K a game, so 12 games. 

done with a cammo for 30% $, the flag and a premium account in randoms. i don't have enough of anything else to add to it.

that is how i hope to finish this up. more to come. take care all and fair seas and a following wind.  

[WOLFG]
Members
24,218 posts
6,097 battles
On Monday, January 07, 2019 at 10:06 AM, UssIowaSailor said:

I have heard that you can get three COOP's in for every random match. IF that is accurate than yes you will have to fight 3x the battles but the cash earnings for the same TIME should be about even. Provided that you can beat the other COOP Sharks to the enemy and put up good numbers in a short period of time. 

I think the biggest concern there is if you can afford to burn through 3x the flags/camo.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,487 posts
13,157 battles

So 15 Battles with the PEF and Missouri to finish. Was not to bad will start the grind on the other nations just for fun.

[ARGSY]
Members
14,174 posts
9,126 battles
17 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I think the biggest concern there is if you can afford to burn through 3x the flags/camo.

Future requirements whisper no, save them up.

The desire not to battle hard for 20 minutes only to see my team throw away a convincing win in the last five says yes.

On top of that, I simply cannot seem to get the hang of Neptune's guns. I need a lot more practice with them before I'm ready for randoms, and this at least progresses her grind. Zulu, Ocean Soul and ESCL all the way, baby.

PEF is not quite so critical to earn massive amounts of XP on, especially once the XP stage of Nerves of Steel is done with - I will probably switch to Revolutionary for that one, because the % earnings are a bit higher, and start chewing through Wyvern flags at that point. 

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
33 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I got the American Economy of War Mission done in 4 battles in the Montana playing clan battles. I played the PEF in ranked and made 988k. I will play 3 or 4 more battles in ranked today and be done with that mission in 10 total battles. 

Members
644 posts
4,069 battles

Well, it looks like after a couple of days and getting over a 1 million credits for Japan, Russia, and Germany, the quest doesn't seem that tough.

But it does seem tough for countries like UK and France, the former because the unnecessary gimmicks handicap the abilities of the ships, and the latter because I only have three French ships above Tier 5.

[DYNO]
Members
289 posts
9,499 battles

IJN done with Musashi, France done with Normandie ranking out in Sprint, Germany done with GK (I broken down and bought the perma camo), Russia made me cry having to grind in the Schors, halfway done with US in the Salem and a bit of Wyoming in Sprint and undecided on how to grind UK. 

[ARGSY]
Members
14,174 posts
9,126 battles
2 minutes ago, TheTrickpony said:

Wyoming

Do you mean West Virginia? Because last I looked, Wyoming was T4 and getting a Tier 4 battleship into a Tier 6 Ranked battle would be one hell of a neat trick. (She would probably still murder cruisers, but T6 battleships might present her with a lot of problems.)

[CMFRT]
Members
8,602 posts

I can confirm from back in the day that Wyoming did in fact murder said cruisers.

The Iowa battle I just finished... ended my PEF grind.

Because I got PEF as a gift, this got me the dubs, a free port slot, a 3 pt capt to use on something eventually, and the last 500 steel I'll get from this set of grinds.   Ends up about 3400 Steel short of getting the Flint (counting the coupon).

Did the PEF missions, Germany (naturally), and USN to get the six I needed.  Will probably complete IJN, UK, and France just via normal play.  Not enough USSR ships (and not grinding the few I have to do it), and no Pan Asian ships in my fleet. 

[ARGSY]
Members
14,174 posts
9,126 battles

PEF DONE.

MIGHTY PRINZ DONE.

DOUBLOONS GOT.

NERVES OF STEEL DONE.

What an epic grind, with some epic games; narrowly missed out on a kraken to finish. This is a fun ship. Will be putting her away for a bit because of overuse, but no complaints about her.

This has been a good year (patches 0.7.X).

• Cool 1

Members
644 posts
4,069 battles

After getting 7 days of premium from a supercontainer, I was able to unlock the Freddy as of this Sunday.

And I must say, that I found the ship a little better than people are bemoaning.

I don't dare go for the Secondary Build, tempting as it was. I use it like a Kongo.