You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

116 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,336 posts
3,226 battles

I am planning on this:

USA: Missouri

Japan: Musashi

UK: Cossack, Hood, Nelson

Commonwealth: Haida

Germany: Scharnhorst

France: Lyon, Dunkerque

This will require a lot of games other than for the USA and Japan.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,235 posts

Those missions are doable in scenarios. That should make it incredibly easy to complete with flags/camo.

Edit, well assuming we don't get a limited one....:Smile_glasses:

Edited by awiggin

[ARGSY]
Members
13,914 posts
8,984 battles
22 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

I'm tempted to purchase the PEF, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

At this point, I think you lose one of the major benefits of already having it; that is, having easy gateway tasks to help unlock directives (and finishing remaining tasks at leisure) and finishing the Mighty Prinz campaign at a gentle pace and picking up either a bunch of T6 ships with permacamos OR credit value for the ships and permacamos for any that didn't have them. 

24 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

I've also been saving the last task of the Science of Victory Campaign, not knowing when I might need the 7 days of Premium time.

This is an excellent decision to have made, and this is probably a worthy goal for which to expend it. Only activate it when the fourth directive has unlocked and you are ready to start the grind, so you maximize the grind time you spend in premium. You've got a lot of British premium ships listed there, so this is a good time to rotate them for first-win bonuses, grind a captain in that nation and work him towards 19 points (or grind more elite captain XP on him if you already have one).

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
906 posts
2,388 battles
11 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I have heard that you can get three COOP's in for every random match. IF that is accurate than yes you will have to fight 3x the battles but the cash earnings for the same TIME should be about even. Provided that you can beat the other COOP Sharks to the enemy and put up good numbers in a short period of time. 

Maybe 2ish battles, if we're lucky...lately the people that have been flooding Co-op have been playing more passively and it's taken longer to finish the matches.  Just last night, one guy ran off to the corner of the map with 2 bots chasing him, which meant that we couldn't help him as they all ended up too far from the rest of the action...and then there was the match we lost when no one was minding the bots that were capping our base (I was busy on one flank holding off 2 BBs with my BB and couldn't see the cap over the islands while the rest of my team headed towards their base instead of going back to ours)...:Smile_facepalm:

[TDG]
Members
1,687 posts
9,016 battles
11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For those with the PEF already: are you going to grind all the way through her and then switch, alternate between PEF and the other nation of choice, or focus on PEF first but take out a ship of the other nation if you need to wait for your sunken PEF to be available again? Unless you have oodles of time up your sleeve, starting the next battle ASAP is probably going to be a priority here.

And @Kizarvexis

I plan to run Prinz Eitel Friedrich until I am done.  However, I will run the next nation if I get sunk.  Once I am done with a nation, I will work on the next one in the list.  I plan to get all the nations should time permit.

The ships I plan to use for each nation are as follows (and somewhat in order):

1. Germany: Prinz Eitel Friedrich
  2. US: Missouri
  3. Japan: Musashi
  4. Pan-Asia: Lo Yang
  5. Russia: Kronshtadt
  6. UK: Nelson
  7. France: Jean BartAigleDe GrasseRépublique

France has multiple ships as it is last, but also because there are not clearly superior credit earners in the set.  I just got Jean Bart, and there is a great chance that that ship will do most of the heavy lifting for that last nation.

All of these ships have average Base Earnings (before any multiplier including Premium Time) over 100K credits.  This is in Random battles.  Also, winning does not directly impact the earnings.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[CIAO]
Members
34 posts
1,356 battles

I have plenty of Japanese ships i can run... and some British ships... i have the USS Texas for USA... and the Krasny for Soviets... yeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhh......:cap_hmm:

Good thing you get the gold back if you buy it i guess...

Edited by Corvette3

[ARGSY]
Members
13,914 posts
8,984 battles
6 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Also, winning does not directly impact the earnings.

This is interesting to know. 

I have PEF but am currently torn between Britain and the US as my second nation. It would be convenient to combine this massive cash grind with a captain XP chase for the second 19 pointer. It makes a bit of sense to choose one from a different nation from the first, and this means the US over Britain, but the British candidate for second Fleet Admiral is 100,000 points closer. Candidate ships for Britain are Gallant, Cossack, Warspite, Nelson, candidate home ship Monarch, 19-pointer home ship Edinburgh. Candidate captain for the US lives in the New Orleans (which conveniently has a captain XP-boosting permacamo, as does Monarch), and he can go in the Texas, Indianapolis and Salem, in the Atlanta with a few disadvantages (no BFT or AFT), and the Monaghan and Sims at significant disadvantage (no Last Stand), whereas my 19 pointer was initially set up in vulnerable light cruisers and is equally suited to British premium destroyers.

(While I do have Musashi, it's the only Japanese battleship I have above Tier 4. I would have to run it alternately with the PEF the whole time, or hope I could get good results in Hatsuharu, Aoba and Furutaka.)

Decisions, decisions... I will go with the PEF first while I make up my mind about the other.

We will see whether my stash of cash flags will hold out.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,850 posts
4,861 battles

Bust out all the Gamescom, Wyvern and all the credit boosters you have on your best earning ships...

Japan: Shinonome, Yamato

USA: Kidd, Marblehead

USSR: Kronshtadt, Molotov

UK: Nelson, Cossack

Germany: Graf Spee

France: Aigle, Jean Bart

...in addition to whatever in respective nation I'm progressing on with...

Forget about Pan- Asian unless I need seven - I have enough free EXP to climb up and start struggling.

[TDG]
Members
1,687 posts
9,016 battles
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have PEF but am currently torn between Britain and the US as my second nation. It would be convenient to combine this massive cash grind with a captain XP chase for the second 19 pointer. It makes a bit of sense to choose one from a different nation from the first, and this means the US over Britain, but the British candidate for second Fleet Admiral is 100,000 points closer. Candidate ships for Britain are Gallant, Cossack, Warspite, Nelson, candidate home ship Monarch, 19-pointer home ship Edinburgh. Candidate captain for the US lives in the New Orleans (which conveniently has a captain XP-boosting permacamo, as does Monarch), and he can go in the Texas, Indianapolis and Salem, in the Atlanta with a few disadvantages (no BFT or AFT), and the Monaghan and Sims at significant disadvantage (no Last Stand), whereas my 19 pointer was initially set up in vulnerable light cruisers and is equally suited to British premium destroyers.

(While I do have Musashi, it's the only Japanese battleship I have above Tier 4. I would have to run it alternately with the PEF the whole time, or hope I could get good results in Hatsuharu, Aoba and Furutaka.)

Decisions, decisions... I will go with the PEF first while I make up my mind about the other.

We will see whether my stash of cash flags will hold out.

FWIW, I get about 2/3 earnings from Hatsuharu and Shinonome as I do from Musashi.  Aoba is about half of Musashi.  These are on thin data, but likely good enough for a ball park.

For me, Nelson is about 3/4 of Musashi and my best UK credit earner.  (Fiji is close, but the data are thin on that ship ATM.) Cossack and Warspite all perform well enough (better than 60% of Musashi).

Both Salem and Indianapolis should do fairly well.  I just got Salem, but both of them did well in the Co-op battle used to melt their Snowflake.  Indianapolis for me performs a bit worse (5%) then Cossack in Random battles.

For XP grinding, Sims is a good candidate and earns as well as Gallant in my play.

Good luck and good hunting!

[ARGSY]
Members
13,914 posts
8,984 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I will be doing this the easy way, not the most efficient way though. In co-op.

A path I considered, except I'm not sure I have enough credit-boosting flags or camo to see me through that course.

Forty battles at a hundred thousand gross yield each will do it for each nation. As I have the PEF and need only "two nations", I intend to pace myself over two weeks. Six battles a night = 42 battles each week, 84 battles to find credit-boosting stuff for.

I intend to run Zulu on high-tier ships and see how I go initially, saving Wyvern and other Draconic flags for the home stretch.

Good luck to those who need to run all six nations for this. I feel sorry for you, and I wish it could have been easier.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A path I considered, except I'm not sure I have enough credit-boosting flags or camo to see me through that course.

Forty battles at a hundred thousand gross yield each will do it for each nation. As I have the PEF and need only "two nations", I intend to pace myself over two weeks. Six battles a night = 42 battles each week, 84 battles to find credit-boosting stuff for.

I intend to run Zulu on high-tier ships and see how I go initially, saving Wyvern and other Draconic flags for the home stretch.

Good luck to those who need to run all six nations for this. I feel sorry for you, and I wish it could have been easier.

Exactly. And some screwball challenged me to do 4M in a day in co-op and 'prove it' LOL. It's beyond easy to do and I've estimated 5.5 hours per nation on average, at tier X IIRC. With no credit flags, just a premium account.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,914 posts
8,984 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

It's beyond easy to do and I've estimated 5.5 hours per nation on average, at tier X IIRC. With no credit flags, just a premium account.

The ones you have to pity are the free-to-play crowd with no premium account, not enough flags/camo and not enough game time up their sleeves because of IRL responsibilities. They are totally screwed. 

Just putting that in context.

I usually can't start playing until 8pm, and there's no way I could play non-stop till two in the morning and still be fit for work the next day. Thank God this thing is no-win, no-survival, no-costs-deducted or it would be impossible.

Members
20 posts
3,820 battles
23 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I have heard that you can get three COOP's in for every random match. IF that is accurate than yes you will have to fight 3x the battles but the cash earnings for the same TIME should be about even. Provided that you can beat the other COOP Sharks to the enemy and put up good numbers in a short period of time. 

You’re spot on with the ending of your statement. 

[-PVE-]
Members
152 posts
10,818 battles

You can run your U.S.A., U.K., Russian and Polish DDs in Dynamo in a 4 man team and make money easy with camo and flags. Dynamo is also one of the best operations to earn FXP.  

[PVE]
Members
16,634 posts
10,908 battles

I wonder if Narai and/or Ult Frontier will be OPs for the next two weeks. They are T7, so every nation will have at least one ship able to play them.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,083 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The ones you have to pity are the free-to-play crowd with no premium account, not enough flags/camo and not enough game time up their sleeves because of IRL responsibilities. They are totally screwed. 

Just putting that in context.

I usually can't start playing until 8pm, and there's no way I could play non-stop till two in the morning and still be fit for work the next day. Thank God this thing is no-win, no-survival, no-costs-deducted or it would be impossible.

The way I look at it is the path to get to the final grind for a free PEF came with a lot of good rewards...those anniversary crates were regularly dropping 30 worth of decent flags. Is it do-able for a free player? Yes. Is it a LOT easier for people who have contributed to the game? Yes. Is there a problem with this? No. The free player still got some really good rewards from participating along the way and can still get it.

Alpha Tester
2,392 posts
50 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I wonder if Narai and/or Ult Frontier will be OPs for the next two weeks. They are T7, so every nation will have at least one ship able to play them.

Ultimate FU was last week so definitely not. It's gotta be either Raptor Rescue or Narai as I haven't seen either scenario for quite a while now.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
14 hours ago, Bonfor said:

Maybe 2ish battles, if we're lucky...lately the people that have been flooding Co-op have been playing more passively and it's taken longer to finish the matches.  Just last night, one guy ran off to the corner of the map with 2 bots chasing him, which meant that we couldn't help him as they all ended up too far from the rest of the action...and then there was the match we lost when no one was minding the bots that were capping our base (I was busy on one flank holding off 2 BBs with my BB and couldn't see the cap over the islands while the rest of my team headed towards their base instead of going back to ours)...:Smile_facepalm:

The bots seem more aggressive when it comes to playing the objective lately. I was in the Prince Eitel Frederick in a COOP match and withing 3 minutes 2 battleships and two destroyers pushed into our base. I was the only one that was able to fight off that onslaught with a little help from the CV.

Members
272 posts
7,762 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm trying to complete the event in one week, so I can use the following week to complete the Campaign for the free ships and camo. I'm going to attempt to grind $4M per night.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,950 battles
On 1/7/2019 at 4:03 AM, BrentD15 said:

Tomorrow, the fourth and final part of the Prinz Eitel Freiderich missions are available.

Four million credits per nation, and I have mostly tier 6 ships for each nation (or something equivalent) for almost each nation.

I have no Italian, Polish, or Commonwealth ships of equivalent tier. I do, however, have the Graf Spee, Aigle, and October Revolution.

For those ships, which of them are my best chances of earning 4 million credits before the missions end?

MO....

:Smile_amazed: oh, shet, wait....sorry shes not in your choices... :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Shinnidan

[ARGSY]
Members
13,914 posts
8,984 battles
31 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

I'm going to attempt to grind $4M per night.

Not a possibility given my playing opportunities, but if you have that much game time up your sleeve I wish you the best of luck! :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
652 posts
6,617 battles

Could we not just set up to farm Operation Aegis for everyone that has a PEF already? WIth credit flags/camo we could probably knock off 4 million credits in a few hours.

[TDG]
Members
1,687 posts
9,016 battles

I was thinking of trying to get some grind progress while earning credits.  However, I am already questionable in having enough time to finish all the nations in the time remaining.

I'll check again after I finish the PEF and second nation.  Using conservative values, I expect about 106 battles to complete all the Directive 4 missions.  I might be able to get this down to ~90 battles with a bit of luck and better than plan modifiers.