You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

116 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,934 posts

This is the one time in 2 years of playing that WG put a pay wall up for a mission .

You cannot complete 4 mill 6 nations without prem ships and prem time.

If you can than god bless you but I got the Fredrick for the steel and to complete the mission because I was going to get the gold back! 

I does set a president for moving forward.

I do enjoy the Freddy I think she (German navies they are he) eleven thought I get 5 nations at once it will still be difficult with my schedule.

[STW-M]
Members
3,433 posts
7,977 battles

As has been mentioned in previous threads, there is a poll out for people's opinions on this part of the campaign.

Personally, I'm hoping the operation of the week is something not particularly restrictive.

[SOV]
Members
2,934 posts
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I am glad I bought the PEF, I will only have to grind the 4 million credits twice to complete the mission, get my steel and finally get the black.

Thats what I did! Pluse the steel!

What do you think of the ship?

I am not a BB player but I find it fun to play and I started playing other BB as well. Went back to my French BB and having a great time.

[SOV]
Members
2,934 posts
1 hour ago, Ranari said:

Let's see:

1. Japan - Musashi
  2. USA - Massachusetts, Arizona, and Montana (perma camo)
  3. Italy - Roma
  4. Germany - Scharnhorst and Kurfurst (w/ +50%/-50% camos I've saved up)
  5. England - Warspite
  6. France - Richelieu grind with flags and camos

The nice thing is that " ALL credit missions are gross credits after modifiers, but before consumables, camos, ammo and service fees and replacement costs are deducted. "

The grind won't be as bad as some people think imho.

That will be the let. Thanks!

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,018 posts

You only need 6 countries so:

1. Japan - Amagi, Mogami (still grinding these) and probably purchase Musashi before removal.
  2. USA - Missouri with a little bit of Alabama and Atlanta thrown in for a different feel
  3. Soviet - Kutuzov and Moskva
  4. Germany - FDG (still grinding), Bismarck and Scharnhorst
  5. UK - Lion, Neptune (still grinding these) and Cossack
  6. France - Alsace (still grinding) and Dunkerque, Charles Martel

Received a bunch of economic flags in Christmas crates - will run all of the credit boosters every match.  Should take about a week in my estimation.

Enough time to finish through the Icarus follow-on mission I hope.  Although I have all the tier VI being offered (besides Hatsuharu), it is always nice to have the perm camo.

Alpha Tester
2,394 posts
21 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Personally, I'm hoping the operation of the week is something not particularly restrictive.

If the next operation of the week is Raptor Rescue then we're in trouble because that op is as screwd up as Ultimate FU. If it's Narai then not so bad because the enemy CV no longer launches his planes to harass us, though random teams can still epic fail this op. Either way, find a division via "Operations" channel under "Contacts" and make every flag/camo count. Better safe than sorry.

[UN1]
Members
674 posts
2,491 battles
56 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I see you kind sir and raise you, as I am fortunate to own a bunch of prems and T10's with perma cammo.

1. Japan - Musashi, Asashio and Asashio B(dirty lil ship especially on weekends).
  2. USA - Missou (Do I need anything else?)
  3. Soviet - Moskva (salty burning bb tears turn to easy silver), Krons and Leningrad for zooming pew pew fun.
  4. Germany - Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Scharn and T-39 ( I actually like this better than T-61).
  5. England - Nelson, Warspite, Hood, DOY and personal fave at the moment Cossack.
  6. France - De Grasse and CM.
  7. Italy - GC.

Its gonna be fum :)

I surrender, I surrender!  :P

Great ships btw man.

[PVE]
Members
16,693 posts
10,908 battles
1 hour ago, Ranari said:

Let's see:

1. Japan - Musashi
  2. USA - Massachusetts, Arizona, and Montana (perma camo)
  3. Italy - Roma
  4. Germany - Scharnhorst and Kurfurst (w/ +50%/-50% camos I've saved up)
  5. England - Warspite
  6. France - Richelieu grind with flags and camos

The nice thing is that " ALL credit missions are gross credits after modifiers, but before consumables, camos, ammo and service fees and replacement costs are deducted. "

The grind won't be as bad as some people think imho.

1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

I see you kind sir and raise you, as I am fortunate to own a bunch of prems and T10's with perma cammo.

1. Japan - Musashi, Asashio and Asashio B(dirty lil ship especially on weekends).
  2. USA - Missou (Do I need anything else?)
  3. Soviet - Moskva (salty burning bb tears turn to easy silver), Krons and Leningrad for zooming pew pew fun.
  4. Germany - Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Scharn and T-39 ( I actually like this better than T-61).
  5. England - Nelson, Warspite, Hood, DOY and personal fave at the moment Cossack.
  6. France - De Grasse and CM.
  7. Italy - GC.

Its gonna be fum :)

Well all I need to do is play PEF and Missouri and I can finish the Directive. But if I want to finish them all...

1. Japan - Kii w/Kobayashi camo +20% credits, Musashi, Atago, ARP Takao, HSF Harekaze, Ashashio, Mogami, Kaga, Ashitaka, S. Dragon, ARP Nachi, ARP Haguro, ARP Ashigara, ARP Myoko, Mutsu, ARP Hiei, ARP Haruna, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, Kamikaze, Fujin and all tech tree ships from T5-T7.

2. USA - Missouri, Des Moines +20% credits perma-camo, Salem +20% credits perma-camo, Massachusetts, Alabama, Kidd, Seattle, Buffalo, Saipan, Flint, Boise, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Sims, WV 1942, Arizonaa, Monaghan, Texas, Marblehead, Marblehead Lima and all the tech tree ships from T5-T8.

3. USSR - Kronshtadt, Kutuzov. Ognevoi, Kiev, Leningrad, Makarov, Molotov, Okt Revolutsiyka, Krasny Krym, Murmansk, Okhotnik, Gremyashchy and all the tech tree from T5-T7.

4. Germany - Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen +10% credits perma-camo, Bismarck, Hipper, Scharnhorst, Z-39, PEF, HSF Graf Spee, Graf Spee, T-61 and all the tech tree from T5-T7.

5. UK - Vanguard, Cossack, Lightning, Duke of York, Nelson, Hood, Belfast, Warspite, Gallant and all the tech tree ships from T5-T7.

6. France - Gascogne, Richelieu, Le Terrible, Dunkerque, De Grasse, Aigle and all the tech tree ships from T5-T7.

7. Pan-Asia - Loyang, Huanghe, Anshan, Fushun, & Jianwei

8. Poland - Blyskawica

9. Italy - Roma, Abruzzi, D'Aosta, Cesare

10. Commonwealth - Haida, Perth

11. Pan-Am - Nueve de Julio

:Smile_playing: I have to get them all!:Smile_playing:

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
8,197 posts

Yeah, in a perfect scenario I get to finish all those tasks (other than Pan-Asian) and get the extra credits. 

We'll see.

[WAG]
Members
817 posts
10,812 battles
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Gamescon camo and credit flags and lots and lots of games.  It might make you consider buying the Xmas ship next year, I know the DoY convinced me.  

Free PEF is only free if your time has no value.

I was on the fence, but decided to buy PEF so as not to get stressed finishing the Nerves of Steel mission. As it reads, I believe you can do the final segment of Nerves of Steel while completed 5 of the 6 tasks in the fourth directorate of the PEF event. That leaves maybe six Missouri games to finish the US credit task. I already finished the PEF campaign for the tech tree ships and permanent camo.

The PEF is not great, but not terrible. I refused to pay for DoY since it was a poor copy and paste of KGV. PEF at least is different from Bayern.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts
13,028 battles

I think we have plenty of time to finish the directive. A lot of players may not be able to finish all of the missions.

The best short cut is to buy the PEF. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,235 posts
2 hours ago, Bonfor said:

There are only 13 24-hour periods in that time frame, so not quite 2 weeks.  This will definitely be harder to pull off in Co-op, as 200k seems to be about the highest I've earned there in a match and most of the time it's just over 100k.

Flag up and camo up, shouldn't take all that long even in co-op.

ximZnEG.jpg

And yes, I kind of like the JB.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
651 posts
14,336 battles
27 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well all I need to do is play PEF and Missouri and I can finish the Directive. But if I want to finish them all...

1. Japan - Kii w/Kobayashi camo +20% credits, Musashi, Atago, ARP Takao, HSF Harekaze, Ashashio, Mogami, Kaga, Ashitaka, S. Dragon, ARP Nachi, ARP Haguro, ARP Ashigara, ARP Myoko, Mutsu, ARP Hiei, ARP Haruna, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, Kamikaze, Fujin and all tech tree ships from T5-T7.

2. USA - Missouri, Des Moines +20% credits perma-camo, Salem +20% credits perma-camo, Massachusetts, Alabama, Kidd, Seattle, Buffalo, Saipan, Flint, Boise, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Sims, WV 1942, Arizonaa, Monaghan, Texas, Marblehead, Marblehead Lima and all the tech tree ships from T5-T8.

3. USSR - Kronshtadt, Kutuzov. Ognevoi, Kiev, Leningrad, Makarov, Molotov, Okt Revolutsiyka, Krasny Krym, Murmansk, Okhotnik, Gremyashchy and all the tech tree from T5-T7.

4. Germany - Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen +10% credits perma-camo, Bismarck, Hipper, Scharnhorst, Z-39, PEF, HSF Graf Spee, Graf Spee, T-61 and all the tech tree from T5-T7.

5. UK - Vanguard, Cossack, Lightning, Duke of York, Nelson, Hood, Belfast, Warspite, Gallant and all the tech tree ships from T5-T7.

6. France - Gascogne, Richelieu, Le Terrible, Dunkerque, De Grasse, Aigle and all the tech tree ships from T5-T7.

7. Pan-Asia - Loyang, Huanghe, Anshan, Fushun, & Jianwei

8. Poland - Blyskawica

9. Italy - Roma, Abruzzi, D'Aosta, Cesare

10. Commonwealth - Haida, Perth

11. Pan-Am - Nueve de Julio

:Smile_playing: I have to get them all!:Smile_playing:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Damn, I thought I got a lot.

Truth be told I left out a couple that you listed above. Including the PEF which I bought, cause you know ...STEEL.

Once folks understand that they just gotta play, play the ships that you enjoy/are good with, the credits will roll in.

[PVE]
Members
16,693 posts
10,908 battles

2 minutes ago, awiggin said:
2 hours ago, Bonfor said:

There are only 13 24-hour periods in that time frame, so not quite 2 weeks.  This will definitely be harder to pull off in Co-op, as 200k seems to be about the highest I've earned there in a match and most of the time it's just over 100k.

Flag up and camo up, shouldn't take all that long even in co-op.

ximZnEG.jpg

And yes, I kind of like the JB.:Smile_teethhappy:

Yep, here are the following one-use camos that have credit bonuses. 

Gamescon 2016 +50%

For Meritorious Service +50%

Revolutionary +30%

Full Moon +25%

Ocean Soul +20%

FTW +20%

Hunter +20%

Blue Lagoon +10%

Here are the perma-camos that have credit bonuses

T10 Type 20 +20%

Kobayashi special camo +20%

T10 Space battles +20%

Adler Prinz Eugen +10%

Adler Graf Zeppelin +10%

Here are the signal flags that give credits

Zulu +20%

Wyvern +50%

Basilisk +30%

Scylla +25%

Leviathian +20%

All the signals stack and you can stack the signals with one of the camos.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
16,693 posts
10,908 battles
6 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Damn, I thought I got a lot.

Truth be told I left out a couple that you listed above. Including the PEF which I bought, cause you know ...STEEL.

Once folks understand that they just gotta play, play the ships that you enjoy/are good with, the credits will roll in.

Especially if you stack signals and camo like I noted above.

Yeah, I got the Steel Prinz bundle to get that extra 2,019 steel from Might of Steel. I will be half way to Black when the coupon refreshes in June when I finish the Directives and Nerves of Steel. I already finished Might of Steel, Steel Monsters and all of my snowflakes. I got Flint with the Christmas Eve coupon.

[TASC]
Members
298 posts
8,074 battles

since i bought the PEF i will grind it and the MO money. i expect the PEF to be the hard part lol even for a potato player like me. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,352 posts

However, I plan on taking the PEF out on the alt account to scoop up 5x nations at once. 8M credits becomes 10M.

.. AND I get my money back !!!
Edited by AVR_Project

[WOLF3]
Members
1,675 posts
6,396 battles
6 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

since i bought the PEF i will grind it and the MO money. i expect the PEF to be the hard part lol even for a potato player like me. 

My thoughts exactly.  PEF will grind for 5 AND the $3,000,000 mission for the last of the steel.  Then I take out the Gravy Train and finish it off.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles

I kinda saw the whole thing as a pre-investment.   By the time I added up all the steel and other benefits of the campaign and missions and the fact that you got the ships price back in dubs (which i needed some of) and the easy return of doing part 4 of turning 4 mill credits into 4 mill + 5x 400k credits, ie 6mill, the cost was completely justified and the package bought anyway.  

I have found that stacking flags and camos it's pretty easy to get 400k+ per PEF match without having to try to hard and easily more if you are lower tier,  so that's 10 matches  then one other nation..  haven't decided yet.. may do misso or nelson, or to get more free credits both..  who knows may finish all of them just for luls.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
13,942 posts
9,001 battles

For those with the PEF already: are you going to grind all the way through her and then switch, alternate between PEF and the other nation of choice, or focus on PEF first but take out a ship of the other nation if you need to wait for your sunken PEF to be available again? Unless you have oodles of time up your sleeve, starting the next battle ASAP is probably going to be a priority here.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For those with the PEF already: are you going to grind all the way through her and then switch, alternate between PEF and the other nation of choice, or focus on PEF first but take out a ship of the other nation if you need to wait for your sunken PEF to be available again? Unless you have oodles of time up your sleeve, starting the next battle ASAP is probably going to be a priority here.

for me, it will be PEF ongoing, unless sunk early then will switch to my second nation, as you say, to minimise time waiting.   If I start to play stupid (good chance here since thats my normal style) I will setup a third one to go with as well :)

The ships I am using are already setup with flags etc waiting to go as we speak :)  PEF, Nelson and Misso  (PEF and nelson in Randoms, Misso in Co-Op)

EDIT:-  Oh, I left the last task of the campaign.. earn 3 mill with PEF so it can run alongside this set as well.

I'm hoping to complete the whole thing in around 15 - 20 matches or about 5 days playing at 4 matches a day if possible.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,140 posts
11,231 battles
37 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

All the signals stack and you can stack the signals with one of the camos.

And grind the daily missions.  At the completion of 20, you get a few more of the draconic flags that boost the credits.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts
13,028 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah will just stay with the PEF if I die will jump into another ship then back to the PEF. The PEF advances so many of the missions at the same time crazy not to use it. I have also held off on completing Nerves of Steel, so will be wrapping that up at the same time. Might even do it all in ranked Sprint. Not to sure about that less credits to be made in a ranked battle. Will see how it goes.

[CUTER]
Members
3,009 posts
12,379 battles
3 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

Think twice on the Black... I picked mine up a week ago. After a long weekend I found her not that impressive... There’s SO MUCH radar at the upper tiers that being able to use the one feature that makes you a threat puts you in harms way. I bumped up my torp speed with the captain skill but I don’t think I scored a hit all weekend. Still need to play with her to try to figure her out but in many ways I like the Fletcher more.

Just my opinion...

Since I was summoned.  I too think Black is massively over rated, but then again I am a better in a torp boat than a gun boat on average.  Here a recent video I did on Black that shows some of her strengths and more importantly her limitations.

Members
272 posts
7,765 battles

I'm tempted to purchase the PEF, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Instead I'm going to complete the week 4 directives using the following ships I have (in order of preference):

1. France - Jean Bart
  2. USA - Massachusetts B
  3. Germany - Scharnhorst
  4. England - Nelson, Warspite, DOY and/or Cossack.
  5. Commonwealth - Haida
  6. Japan - Yamato or Asashio B.
  7. Pan Asia - LoYang
  8. Russia - Molotov

I've also been saving the last task of the Science of Victory Campaign, not knowing when I might need the 7 days of Premium time. I think now is as good a time to use it as any...

• Cool 1