You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

116 comments in this topic

Members
643 posts
3,926 battles

Tomorrow, the fourth and final part of the Prinz Eitel Freiderich missions are available.

Four million credits per nation, and I have mostly tier 6 ships for each nation (or something equivalent) for almost each nation.

I have no Italian, Polish, or Commonwealth ships of equivalent tier. I do, however, have the Graf Spee, Aigle, and October Revolution.

For those ships, which of them are my best chances of earning 4 million credits before the missions end?

[EQRN]
Members
725 posts
10,263 battles

Gamescon camo and credit flags and lots and lots of games.  It might make you consider buying the Xmas ship next year, I know the DoY convinced me.  

Free PEF is only free if your time has no value.

Edited by FrodoFraggin
  • Cool 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,042 posts
2,870 battles

Not sure when this mission ends?  1 week?    Without enough high tier premiums this one might be the worst grind I've seen.   I've looked through my inventory and don't think this one can be done.   I can manage the IJN & German one ( Scharn & Musashi) I can buy Salem right now with coal...but have been holding off. Perhaps playing T10s I can manage USN..I don't think I have enough premium firepower anywhere else and my time is too limited. I may be wrong..but will take a lot of matches...    I don't think I can even pull off the collection either.  WOWS has defintely started to ramp these up.   These missions have slowly devolved into Pay to proceed IMO. 

• Cool 4

[TDG]
Members
1,585 posts
7,233 battles
10 minutes ago, BrentD15 said:

Tomorrow, the fourth and final part of the Prinz Eitel Freiderich missions are available.

Four million credits per nation, and I have mostly tier 6 ships for each nation (or something equivalent) for almost each nation.

I have no Italian, Polish, or Commonwealth ships of equivalent tier. I do, however, have the Graf Spee, Aigle, and October Revolution.

For those ships, which of them are my best chances of earning 4 million credits before the missions end?

I don't have good data on the Russian ship, but each of the other two do fairly well for me.

Play the one that you do well in.  Mount the best credit-boost camo and signals you have.

2 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Not sure when this mission ends?  1 week?     

You will have two weeks..

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
  • Cool 2

Members
1,504 posts
10 battles

I am glad I bought the PEF, I will only have to grind the 4 million credits twice to complete the mission, get my steel and finally get the black.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
4,949 posts
10,879 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Gamescon camo and credit flags and lots and lots of games.  

This, and buy some premium time for the period you are able to play to take advantage of it.

7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Free PEF is only free if your time has no value.

Do you get paid for the rest of your casual gaming time when you aren't trying to earn an in-game reward?  Or, is it just casual gaming time?

"2018 Gamescon gives 0 boosts to credits."  True, but the original Gamescom camo does, which is what he was referring to.

Edited by desmo_2

[_RNG_]
Members
69 posts
3,429 battles
2 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Not sure when this mission ends?  1 week?  

You guys have this week and next week to work on the last directive. So 2 weeks total before the 8.0 patch.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,426 posts
4,299 battles

If I'm not wrong, the last Directive will be active for 2 weeks instead of one, so there is some time to grind away. In the end it depends on how much time you will be able to devote, the variety of ships you have for the missions as well as enough signals and camos.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
725 posts
10,263 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Do you get paid for the rest of your casual gaming time when you aren't trying to earn an in-game reward?  Or, is it just casual gaming time?

My form of payment is enjoyment in the game, and I’ve found that limiting my game time is part of that enjoyment.  Winning the PEF  for free would take me way above that threshold, as it did last year, and that did make the time I spent winning the DoY worthless.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
13,957 posts
8,913 battles
27 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Not sure when this mission ends?  1 week?    Without enough high tier premiums this one might be the worst grind I've seen.   I've looked through my inventory and don't think this one can be done.   I can manage the IJN & German one ( Scharn & Musashi) I can buy Salem right now with coal...but have been holding off. Perhaps playing T10s I can manage USN..I don't think I have enough premium firepower anywhere else and my time is too limited. I may be wrong..but will take a lot of matches...    I don't think I can even pull off the collection either.  WOWS has defintely started to ramp these up.   These missions have slowly devolved into Pay to proceed IMO. 

Dates

One Directive will drop each week, most likely on the schedule for the RN event, and the last week will be a catch up week to work all the Directives at once.

Directive I Will start Thu, Dec 20th 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 10 missions. You will need to complete 6. One for the PEF as you can buy it in the shop when the event starts.

Directive II will most likely start Wed, Dec 26th 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 10 missions. You will need to complete 6. One for the PEF.

Directive III will most likely start Wed, Jan 2nd 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 11 missions. You will need to complete 6. One for the PEF and one for Duke of York/Scharnhorst.

Directive IV, the last, will most likely start Wed, Jan 9th 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 11 missions. You will need to complete 6. One or more may only be for the PEF. This will be the earliest you can earn the PEF for free. The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only.  Five of the nations, Italy, Commonwealth, Poland, Pan-American and Germany can be completed with PEF.

All the Directives will continue to be available until early morning Jan 22nd..

Edited by Kizarvexis
Clarified the directives
  • Cool 4

[MOH]
Members
476 posts
1,807 battles

Let's see:

1. Japan - Musashi
  2. USA - Massachusetts, Arizona, and Montana (perma camo)
  3. Italy - Roma
  4. Germany - Scharnhorst and Kurfurst (w/ +50%/-50% camos I've saved up)
  5. England - Warspite
  6. France - Richelieu grind with flags and camos

The nice thing is that " ALL credit missions are gross credits after modifiers, but before consumables, camos, ammo and service fees and replacement costs are deducted. "

The grind won't be as bad as some people think imho.

Edited by Ranari
  • Cool 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,042 posts
2,870 battles
1 hour ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

You will have two weeks..

1 hour ago, UEG_PATRIOT said:

You guys have this week and next week to work on the last directive. So 2 weeks total before the 8.0 patch.

That's doable I think.....    Going to have to do UK, RU & Pan  with some less desirable premiums....   Cossack, LoYang ( while good ships...just don't have earning potential) & Molotov is highest Premium RU I have.   I have been considering converting some of the gold I won from Santa to do Kronshtadt  ?   Its leaving so it has been tempting..however the lure of Alaska is pretty strong.   May save that grind until later and make a decision.  i would think we would have until at least 8.0 until it would be pulled?      

[PVE]
Members
13,957 posts
8,913 battles
7 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

That's doable I think.....    Going to have to do UK, RU & Pan  with some less desirable premiums....   Cossack, LoYang ( while good ships...just don't have earning potential) & Molotov is highest Premium RU I have.   I have been considering converting some of the gold I won from Santa to do Kronshtadt  ?   Its leaving so it has been tempting..however the lure of Alaska is pretty strong.   May save that grind until later and make a decision.  i would think we would have until at least 8.0 until it would be pulled?      

Kronshtadt and Musashi are being removed on patch 8.0, which is scheduled for Wed, Jan 23rd.

[GTA]
Members
30 posts
9,619 battles
11 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

If you really want Kronshtadt and Alaska I would suggest going ahead and getting the Kronshtadt now before it leaves.  Alaska will be around for awhile so you can always grind out the freexp for it at a later date. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,467 posts
7,619 battles

My form of payment is enjoyment in the game, and I’ve found that limiting my game time is part of that enjoyment.  Winning the PEF  for free would take me way above that threshold, as it did last year, and that did make the time I spent winning the DoY worthless.

If you buy the ship (I know not everyone is positioned to), you'll get 6800 doubloons compensation upon earning the ship.**

So, the ship can end up being "essentially free" if you were of a mind to buy that many, or more, doubloons, anyway. That will take away 2/3 of the pain/time of grinding for credits, and improve the opportunity to finish the steel grind.

**The 6800 doubloons is for the "ship only", or the $60 bundle. The higher-dollar bundles offer lower compensation the more you pay.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[NGAGE]
Members
2,875 posts
7,784 battles

A nice perk of having the PEF already is that you can do the mission chain at the same time as the directives.

I've been holding off the mission chain grind knowing I'm going to have to play PEF a lot to get the 4M credits in it.

• Cool 3

[USCG]
Members
310 posts
14,143 battles
38 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I am glad I bought the PEF, I will only have to grind the 4 million credits twice to complete the mission, get my steel and finally get the black.

Think twice on the Black... I picked mine up a week ago. After a long weekend I found her not that impressive... There’s SO MUCH radar at the upper tiers that being able to use the one feature that makes you a threat puts you in harms way. I bumped up my torp speed with the captain skill but I don’t think I scored a hit all weekend. Still need to play with her to try to figure her out but in many ways I like the Fletcher more.

Just my opinion...

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
589 posts
1,252 battles

There are only 13 24-hour periods in that time frame, so not quite 2 weeks.  This will definitely be harder to pull off in Co-op, as 200k seems to be about the highest I've earned there in a match and most of the time it's just over 100k.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,836 posts
5,932 battles
5 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I've been holding off the mission chain grind knowing I'm going to have to play PEF a lot to get the 4M credits in it.

But the final leg of "Nerves of Steel" requires you to get 3 million credits anyway, which covers most of what you have to earn for Directive 4.

55 minutes ago, BrentD15 said:

Actually it's available on Wednesday, the day after tomorrow (unless you are in New Zealand or something like that right now but playing on NA server still).

But your avatar icon perfectly encapsulates what most of the free-to-play crowd must be thinking right now.

Thank God the credits earned are calculated before the deductions are taken off - it means you can spam high-tier ships if available and necessary and not have to worry about those many tens of thousands of credits you are bleeding in service and ammo costs with every game.

2 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Still need to play with her to try to figure her out 

I summon @Destroyer_KuroshioKai to your assistance!!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,892 posts

As many know, I have two accounts. I bought the PEF for the small account and have completed the campaign/steel mission. The credits were the worst grind. The best credit maker was Ranked Sprint, and the operations. Good news is that Ranked and Operations count in this pursuit. .. OK.. What's it going to cost?? .. Flags, camo, TIME... We're talking 3 dedicated days to grinding out a $32 battleship. THEN, and only then, the other stuff opens up for steel and finishing the collection (still a few short in the non PEF account). ... I'm tempted to buy the PEF for the second account. This 24M credit earning is simply too much of my life to throw away.... not to mention flags and consumables. ... .. So a decision: Pursue this or not.. .. Pay for the PEF or drop it... In my big account, there is only a slight improvement on the ships/camo mission. Dallas Camo is $5. The rest have been ground through already. Normandie already has 'liner' camo. The 2019 steel... I can walk away from that too. As far as the PEF goes, I'd probably never use it after this event, unlike the DoY that I club bots with in operations. It's a T6 Hood. ... I have until Wednesday to decide.

[SHAFT]
Members
381 posts
12,115 battles
22 minutes ago, Ranari said:

Let's see:

1. Japan - Musashi
  2. USA - Massachusetts, Arizona, and Montana (perma camo)
  3. Italy - Roma
  4. Germany - Scharnhorst and Kurfurst (w/ +50%/-50% camos I've saved up)
  5. England - Warspite
  6. France - Richelieu grind with flags and camos

The nice thing is that " ALL credit missions are gross credits after modifiers, but before consumables, camos, ammo and service fees and replacement costs are deducted. "

The grind won't be as bad as some people think imho.

I see you kind sir and raise you, as I am fortunate to own a bunch of prems and T10's with perma cammo.

1. Japan - Musashi, Asashio and Asashio B(dirty lil ship especially on weekends).
  2. USA - Missou (Do I need anything else?)
  3. Soviet - Moskva (salty burning bb tears turn to easy silver), Krons and Leningrad for zooming pew pew fun.
  4. Germany - Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Scharn and T-39 ( I actually like this better than T-61).
  5. England - Nelson, Warspite, Hood, DOY and personal fave at the moment Cossack.
  6. France - De Grasse and CM.
  7. Italy - GC.

Its gonna be fum :)

• Cool 1

Members
1,504 posts
10 battles
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

There are only 13 24-hour periods in that time frame, so not quite 2 weeks.  This will definitely be harder to pull off in Co-op, as 200k seems to be about the highest I've earned there in a match and most of the time it's just over 100k.

I have heard that you can get three COOP's in for every random match. IF that is accurate than yes you will have to fight 3x the battles but the cash earnings for the same TIME should be about even. Provided that you can beat the other COOP Sharks to the enemy and put up good numbers in a short period of time. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,836 posts
5,932 battles
1 minute ago, Rabin69 said:

Its gonna be fum

What about Fee Fi Fo... ? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,115 battles

On one hand I feel bad for new players who won't get the opportunity to partake.  On the other, the sheer amount of whining over grinding out what amounts to a tier 6 in credits 6 times is mind boggling.  Keep in mind it's gross so the "worst case" of low profit runs in tier 5-8 tech-tree ships due to lack of camos/flags/prem ships/etc. still add up.

Edited by FlakKnight
  • Cool 1