You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Who decided the having CV's in Rank Blitz is a great idea?

58 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
828 posts
7,817 battles
56 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Justify it however you want but "I hide from CVs" sounds pretty cowardly.

Pathetic , this coming from someone who hides in the corner and trolls other players with planes . I play however the hell I want . Go troll someone else , I'm not wasting anymore time on you . On the ignore list you go .

Edited by retic1959

Members
3,200 posts
4,322 battles
42 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Pathetic , this coming from someone who hides in the corner and trolls other players with planes . I play however the hell I want . Go troll someone else , I'm not wasting anymore time on you . On the ignore list you go .

LOL, I'm in the forum que, better press esc and hide from me too.

Because I'm not the CV hiding in the corner type.

JkLDjna.jpg

But of course we all know you're not scared... Lol enjoy your "Safe space".

Edited by StoneRhino

[TOG]
Members
3,970 posts
21,354 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Oh, it hasn't slipped past.  The guy was commanding not only the largest mass of naval power of history, but also tons and tons and tons of Carriers.  He had several times more Carriers at his disposal than the entire IJN had for the Pearl Harbor strike.

Haze the problem with CV's in ranked play isn't their offensive power. It's the ability to keep track of the dd's. Take away a dd's stealth and it's a dead ship quick enough.  A decent player can dominate the cap space.  No red dd is going to push into a cap space with planes hovering around. But it's skill dependent. So far I've seen potato CV players engaging in snipe fests rather than support their tm. You can get away with it in Random.You tell me if you can get away with it reliably in ranked?

Members
3,200 posts
4,322 battles
6 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Haze the problem with CV's in ranked play isn't their offensive power. It's the ability to keep track of the dd's. Take away a dd's stealth and it's a dead ship quick enough.  A decent player can dominate the cap space.  No red dd is going to push into a cap space with planes hovering around. But it's skill dependent. So far I've seen potato CV players engaging in snipe fests rather than support their tm. You can get away with it in Random.You tell me if you can get away with it reliably in ranked?

Than you should have no problems taking your CV into ranked and dominating.

The sad truth is that most players that play CVs well don't use them in ranked because of the long que times. 

Members
161 posts
9,911 battles
19 hours ago, Gavroche_ said:

That would be unfair to CV mains. What if they banned DDs or BBs?

If they banned DDs, it would make for very stale but balanced gameplay. If they banned BBs, you would have a really quick DD hunts favoring the gunboats. I actually really want to see both implemented! 

How come no one talks about the cruisers? What BB wants to be permanently on fire from HE spam and DDs have their torps made less effective, let's ban the cruisers! :Smile_izmena: /s ( I'm a cruiser main.)

Edited by Der_Eigenvektor

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
2 hours ago, Der_Eigenvektor said:

If they banned DDs, it would make for very stale but balanced gameplay. If they banned BBs, you would have a really quick DD hunts favoring the gunboats. I actually really want to see both implemented! 

How come no one talks about the cruisers? What BB wants to be permanently on fire from HE spam and DDs have their torps made less effective, let's ban the cruisers! :Smile_izmena: /s ( I'm a cruiser main.)

How would banning the lowest performing ship type offer "Stale but balanced gameplay".  If you banned DDs you would simply get BBs annihilating all with even less effort, and then the only cruisers that would be played are ones that can island hump and still fire.

If you banned BBs, you would simply get Cruisers dominating, with a large spike in Radar cruiser usage.

No-one talks about the Cruisers (except for Radar itself specifically) because they actually are the median in performance. You literally have a plethora of data going back years, and even when you slice it into quarters, it all offers only one conclusion. BBs and CVs are well above the balanced range, and DDs are well below it. The only way for this to change is if WG officially stated that  CAs AND DDs are underpowered, but then they would also need to take imminent action directly related to correcting that which would mean BB/CV performance is what they consider the balance range but would have to bring the other ships up to that level.

From what I constantly see people claims greatly and negatively effects their enjoyment is rooted in:

1.) Shared Spotting

2.) Concealment

I would be all for a system that involves completely gutting concealment (Massive gamewide nerf), removal of shared spotting entirely, and buffing maneuverability of CAs and DDs (can also be solved by lowering BB+CA shell speed). This would make gameplay more intuitive, action-packed, and skill based. It would offer "dodging" fire as more of a dependency whilst removing such dependency on "invisibility".

[TOG]
Members
3,970 posts
21,354 battles
4 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

Than you should have no problems taking your CV into ranked and dominating.

The sad truth is that most players that play CVs well don't use them in ranked because of the long que times. 

Add that if you want to save a star, a CV is not the ship to do it in.

Members
3,200 posts
4,322 battles
2 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Add that if you want to save a star, a CV is not the ship to do it in.

If your not losing you don't have to worry about saving stars. Lol