You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mouchamarde

Radio detection ruin the gameplay for destroyer.

74 comments in this topic

[PWH]
Members
6 posts
2,425 battles

Since the introduction of long range radio detection this game has become really unpleasant ships like the desmoines with a detection range of 10.3k is so goddam stupid .

I really regret supporting this dam game and i would rather lose my account and get my money back.

i dont enjoy world of warships anymore.

The constant spamming of radio detection in a short 10 to 14 minute game is in my humble opinion a slap in the face of good destroyer gameplay.

We have to avoid planes that seem legit but a goddam 10.3 k instant location over island ground and weather dosent make any sence in a ww2 ships battle.

For me its simple i cant recommand this game to anyone in is current state and i wont spend a single dime in the future.

As the captain of a shimakaze tier 10 i feel rob of my potential to deal damage and of the awesome gameplay i use to have.

Over the years this have improve turning ability of heavy ships and put radio detection witch result in reduced oppoturnity to launch a succesfull torpedo attack and make you get spoted is a dam joke.

Either make the game longer or map bigger or reduce radio detection the most intelligent thing would be to remove it completely.

I simply hate the develloping team for all the stupid trash they give us, we dont want coal,sticker and other useless currency in our game we want solid gameplay. 

Captain Mouchamarde 

see you on the crapsea that wargamming created for us.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 12

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,136 battles

yes yes, put it on the radar minotaur, go in the direction, spotted ? no problem press U and watch the DDs panic lol

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
455 posts
3,513 battles

Des Moines can't stealth radar and in open water is a Dev strike waiting to happen. Radar Mino is very difficult to counter but very situational. If you put yourself in a situation where a radar Mino can 1v1 you then disengage before it gets deleted that's your fault.

[SYN]
Members
15,021 posts
11,529 battles

des moist gets spotted at 10.6km

[SYN]
Members
7,213 posts
12,299 battles

Wait... are you talking about the radio detection skill? Or are you talking about radar?

Either way, both have been out for a long time now, you really should have adapted to them.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
226 posts
18,616 battles

its quite easy to defend against both RDF and Radar in a Destroyer don't go barreling into a cap with Radar cruisers in the game you skirt and wait for the ships to be spotted and you play it safe,  If youre going full speed 30+knots directly at a Radar cruiser that's coming at you full speed even if its a Moskva or another Radar cruiser whose detection is farther than their Radar range,  You're gonna have a bad time.   The games are PLENTY long enough to let an enemy team have a cap at first in order to give them confidence to move up and out to be spotted then bait the radar out and disengage at a time when they aren't as Gung-Ho mobile.   Then spot them for you team to take out re-take the cap and +1 in the win column for you.  as far as RDF goes I kinda like being located it lets me know someone is either coming to me or running away from me if I'm isolated on a flank I might be leading a destroyer and a few enemy ships off on a wild goose chase while my team uses superior numbers to gain an advantage on rest of map.  Over and Over I read Forum posts of players screaming about this that or the other if you are constantly being killed by radar cruisers and constantly getting into bad situations to the point you come here and Scream for a gameplay mechanic change.  YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG AND NOT LEARNING.  You can do better You know whats coming if you've played enough ADAPT and find enjoyment in baiting them out to be destroyed.  There IS entirely too much radar in the game YES it is terrible to play against when fighting for caps but it is NOT unbeatable it is NOT unplayable it will NOT ruin my fun. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,519 battles

I agree that radar should be line of sight so that radar cruisers need to take some risk for their reward of spotting. However your other points just talk to your unwillingness to adapt as the game evolves and that I don't agree with

I run DDs and new challenges keep the game interesting.

• Cool 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
733 posts
12 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

I agree that radar should be line of sight so that radar cruisers need to take some risk for their reward of spotting. However your other points just talk to your unwillingness to adapt as the game evolves and that I don't agree with

Radar will become LoS based when WG nerfs DDs unrealistically low detection ranges.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,165 battles
17 hours ago, mouchamarde said:

Since the introduction of long range radio detection this game has become really unpleasant ships like the desmoines with a detection range of 10.3k is so goddam stupid .

I really regret supporting this dam game and i would rather lose my account and get my money back.

i dont enjoy world of warships anymore.

The constant spamming of radio detection in a short 10 to 14 minute game is in my humble opinion a slap in the face of good destroyer gameplay.

We have to avoid planes that seem legit but a goddam 10.3 k instant location over island ground and weather dosent make any sence in a ww2 ships battle.

For me its simple i cant recommand this game to anyone in is current state and i wont spend a single dime in the future.

As the captain of a shimakaze tier 10 i feel rob of my potential to deal damage and of the awesome gameplay i use to have.

Over the years this have improve turning ability of heavy ships and put radio detection witch result in reduced oppoturnity to launch a succesfull torpedo attack and make you get spoted is a dam joke.

Either make the game longer or map bigger or reduce radio detection the most intelligent thing would be to remove it completely.

I simply hate the develloping team for all the stupid trash they give us, we dont want coal,sticker and other useless currency in our game we want solid gameplay. 

Captain Mouchamarde 

see you on the crapsea that wargamming created for us.

Simplest solution is best: drop down to a lower tier where radar is not such an issue. Radar is brokenly stupid, but lots of players really like it and WG hates DDs, especially IJN DDs, and wants them dead ASAP, so it isn't going away.

You can improve your gameplay experience by doing what I have done and switched largely to T7. Play divved. This will improve your gameplay experience, and you can avoid most of the idiocy of high tiers -- games with 10 or more radar ships, including radar DDs and radar BBs, triple divved unicum stat padding divisions, the stupidly bad high tier maps, CVs that are invincible guided missile cruisers, and high ROF ships that are unpleasant to fight. Since I stopped playing high tiers the game is much more fun for me, and I win a lot more.

Also, you have played half your matches in just three ships and you have almost no high tier gaming experience -- around 200 games in IJN DDs only at T9-10. You might branch out to play Russian DDs, which are less affected by radar -- IJN DDs are unusually vulnerable to it -- or the US or UK DDs. More experience, especially of other ship lines, might change your perspective.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[ARMDA]
Members
365 posts
2,596 battles

DDs have adapted to the meta long since radar was introduced. You just gotta learn how to deal with the issue instead of complaining about it on the forums.

There are guides on Youtube; try starting from there.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
841 posts
13,812 battles

If your game is being ruined by radar you are a poor player. It is a necessary limiting factor. DDs should not be able to consistently do the famage that BB and Cruiser can do because they are the best at spotting and capping. Only Mino can stealth radar. That being said, if you have that much trouble with it play co-op or lower tiers where there arent as many competent opponents and where your lack of awareness will not be punished as heavily by the tools other ships have.

• Cool 3

[ENEMY]
Members
385 posts
1,068 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Either way, both have been out for a long time now, you really should have adapted to them.

There really isn't any adapting to radio location. All you can do is just put up with it when it's there in a match. It's a cheese skill that nobody asked for in the game, and it definitely ruins gameplay.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,243 posts
9,768 battles

RPF did screw up DD ambushes but at the same time that skill is one of the best skill you can use on DD or some CL like Minotaure or even Worcester.

That said, if you're being RPF the game tells you so you can guess where the DD might be and actually use it against him. 

And if we're talking about radar....there are other topic regarding radar.

[YEETS]
Beta Testers
222 posts
3,835 battles

Funny, the only ships I use RPF in are my destroyers.

That skill's simply not worth the points to me in any other ship.  Now, if the OP is talking about radar instead...  Meh, it's situational at best and probably going to take a hit to its use once 8.0 drops.  I'll personally be running that cat fighter for a little while just to deal with the horde of CV players, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players did until WG unborks AA guns.

[DNTZ]
Members
277 posts
13,018 battles
4 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Radar is the counter to smoke.  Maybe if DDs weren't able to see other ships when hiding in smoke (that other people are spotting), then they would have to risk to spot as well.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,519 battles
24 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

Radar is the counter to smoke.  Maybe if DDs weren't able to see other ships when hiding in smoke (that other people are spotting), then they would have to risk to spot as well.

What's your point?  They can spot or smoke not both.  With Radar cruisers they can hide behind an island and still spot

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
6 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Des Moines can't stealth radar and in open water is a Dev strike waiting to happen. Radar Mino is very difficult to counter but very situational. If you put yourself in a situation where a radar Mino can 1v1 you then disengage before it gets deleted that's your fault.

Well the beginning of your statement sheds light to the root of the issue.

1.) No matter what, Radar and Hydro should NOT get to ignore a fundamental ruleset of the environment that the rest of the game follows. Double-Standards are not okay.  If Radar is deemed overall acceptable to go through islands, so should torpedoes.

2.) The DM that is in such dire risk of being dev struck in open water, where is that risk originating from?  Certainly cannot be torpedoes which have a 6-8% hit rate server wide. Oh, you must mean BBs, which the data supports have been overperforming in accuracy since late 2015.  Perhaps balancing the game objectively and WG addressing that accuracy would be the intelligent solution instead of having a consumable that is game breaking.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[SPTR]
Members
26,448 posts
11,799 battles

Sad that some people used the forums to deal with radar and rdf instead of what they have at their disposal during a match.

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
4 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Sad that some people used the forums to deal with radar and rdf instead of what they have at their disposal during a match.

Sad that some people used the forums to deal with OWSF and Smoke instead of what they have at their disposal during a match.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
148 posts
9,699 battles

Before there were so many radar ships I would panic seeing a radar ship on the red team, now after the flood of radar ships was released,  at T10 I'm feeling confident if there are only two. Concerned at 4 radars, highly cautious at 4 with a cv or, as in a game a couple weeks panicked with 6 radars. The equalizer was my team had 6 radars too. 

[CUTER]
Members
798 posts
20,875 battles

OP, my head hurts after reading this useless dribble of yours.  Nothing you wrote makes any sense to me (radar or radio location)?  Coal and steel?  I am so confused.

[HINON]
Members
10,332 posts
4 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

Sad that some people used the forums to deal with OWSF and Smoke instead of what they have at their disposal during a match.

Sad that some people continue to spam the forums from alt accounts because their main account got banned instead of doing some introspection as to why they were banned in the first place.