You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR MY U.S.S. KIDD?

7 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
763 posts
12,826 battles

WG, offered the U.S.S. Kidd which specializes in AA defense. So the destroyer that I spent my money on will be lacking in this up coming meta? WG I not happy about this.  

Screenshot_5.png

[STURM]
Members
534 posts
4,383 battles
15 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

WG, offered the U.S.S. Kidd which specializes in AA defense. So the destroyer that I spent my money on will be lacking in this up coming meta? WG I not happy about this.  

Screenshot_5.png

The standout feature of the Kidd is more her repair party and less her AA rating.

In any case, strong AA ships should remain strong AA ships, and with the rework aiming to increase the popularity of CVs she might get more chances to use that DFAA.

• Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
763 posts
12,826 battles

If this happens then I will start using her more often for AA defense. I heard that AFT will no longer be a factor in AA range.  I end joyed that 7.2K range on Kidd and Atlanta. 

[SYN]
Members
7,556 posts
12,805 battles

You used AFT on Kidd? And manual AA? Wow... 

You really should be using SI, the heal is the specialty of the Kidd, the AA is just a novelty.

• Cool 1

Members
366 posts
5,579 battles

I expect that when the CV rework comes out, we will be seeing a huge influx of CVs in game. AA ships will be more, not less, relevant. 

[P-V-E]
Members
1,235 posts

isn't the more important point, dose it still have better AA than most other DD's, if the answer is still yes, then it doesn't matter how much stuff changes in the rework, its still better than most other DD's at AA

Members
158 posts
21,792 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 10:22 PM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Screenshot_5.png

Heya Falcon - always good playing with ya in game!!  Good point you make here.