Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gavroche_

I hate this ship. I've played two games and...

14 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,366 posts
12,506 battles

Yeah, if you look at the armor on them, they are pretty thin.

Also, if you go perfectly bow in to the reds, they'll shoot your turrets out. You're better off presenting a slight angle to bait them into shooting at your belt.

• Cool 1

[BLUE_]
Members
443 posts
16,631 battles

Richie has only 2 gun turrets that are actually quite big so they can fit 4 gun barrels each, making them a big target.

Those turrets have reasonable armor, but players know that if only a single turret is incapacitated 50% of the fire potential of the ship will drop temporaly until it is repaired, so players (mainly with BBs, battlecruisers and CAs with potent AP) will aim at those instead with AP while u are angled.

Also, dont expect it to behave like Yamato turrets that will stop almost everything and everywhere (there are other ways to deal with that, but thats off-topic).

Dunkirk has the same issue at tier 6, since her project was similar to the Richelieu ones, but she has more trouble since she lacks armor in her turrets... fortunatelly for her, ships with enough AP power at that tier to do it arent accurate enough to hit turrets with consistency.

If i see a Jean Bart, Des Moines, Moskva and ships like these close enough bowtanking i load AP and go for their turrets instead, less if i can overmatch the bow.

Summary: it is a common tactic to try and destroy turrets of bow tanking ships and/or with a low amount of barrels. Thats why there are builds that improves their survivability.

Edit: this is a tactic i rarely share: i angle my turrets during brawls if they have a fast turret traverse, but long reload (only BBs fit those characteristics) in a similar way it is done with the ships themselves

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento
  • Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
22 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Yeah, if you look at the armor on them, they are pretty thin.

Also, if you go perfectly bow in to the reds, they'll shoot your turrets out. You're better off presenting a slight angle to bait them into shooting at your belt.

Oh damn, that's a good idea.

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
26 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

What are your upgrades?

Upgrades are all the usual. I'm not running preventative maintenance though, that probably would help.

Members
859 posts
3,821 battles

I liked Richelieu. One thing to keep in mind is to never get too close to the enemy if you lose your turrets too often. The enemies will have a harder time knocking them out.

Also IRL I think the Richelieu's and Dunkerque's class gun turrets were separated in half, so a shot to a turret would only kill 2 guns. If only they added that

Edited by richie_macrophage

[PHASE]
Members
4,951 posts
16,611 battles
16 hours ago, Gavroche_ said:

This ship has turrets made of butter.

Screenshot (165).png

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (168).png

lols, I remember thinking the same thing....I rolled a sweet 44% wr in it in 36 games...and will not repurchase it even though I easily could.

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
20 hours ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Edit: this is a tactic i rarely share: i angle my turrets during brawls if they have a fast turret traverse, but long reload (only BBs fit those characteristics) in a similar way it is done with the ships themselves

Do you play WoT?

[BLUE_]
Members
443 posts
16,631 battles
15 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

Do you play WoT?

Nope and i never did... all i hear about that game are bad reviews

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,898 battles

:Smile_hiding:makes me want to skip Riche all together and go straight to Alsace...:Smile_izmena::cap_rambo:lol

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Nope and i never did... all i hear about that game are bad reviews

Ah. I know in World of Tanks German Heavy tanks would sometimes angle their turrets, so I though you might've played one of those. It's an interesting concept to do in WoWs and I'll definitely try it.

Sign in to follow this