You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

It ain't all bad news.

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles

I found myself getting too caught up in the things i disliked about where the game was going. It's quite frankly way too easy to do. Time to list a few things i like, feed that wolf instead.

Loving having lots to do in game. Be it missions or campaigns, its really nice to have thing's to do. Watching rewards add up for various missions never gets old. Neither does opening crates. Enjoying having flags and camo galore.

Enjoying the Arsenal addition as well, bought my Musashi with coal and having a blast there.

Ranked sprints are quite a bit of fun. They have the right amount of reward for time spent. Ranked out twice so far and enjoyed doing it. People generally played well, worked as a group. I hope to see more options like this to play in the future. Maybe tier 5 or 7 would be cool. Small group dynamics make it quite fun.

Just a few things of sweet between the salt.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 6

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Well CV is going to be fixed in Jan so no more triple torp drops at the same time anymore.

• Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,543 battles

Hey @xalmgrey saw you in ranked the other day but didn't realise it until after the match.  We won that one!

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles
2 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Hey @xalmgrey saw you in ranked the other day but didn't realise it until after the match.  We won that one!

Heya!  Yeah those sprints are fun. Looking forward to playing more.

Edited by xalmgrey

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles
22 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yeah, we can't complain about the amount of (free) content in the game. 

I wonder as a forum experiment how long this thread can go without a complaint. Thing is we love this game more than hate it or we wouldn't be here.

It only hurts a little at the start, i promise. :cap_like:

[1STBG]
Members
1,248 posts
5,234 battles
40 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

People generally played well, worked as a group. I hope to see more options like this to play in the future. Small group dynamics make it quite fun.

Why not play clan battles then? Can't get better group dynamics than that. 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

The atmosphere, scheduling. Both were a conflict for me.

[CUTIE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
102 posts
5,765 battles

Stopping by to say kudos for the effort on listing some of the good things that still make the game good. :cap_like:

The campaign tasks certainly gives some challenging efforts to try... It even made me start using a ship I've long neglected on using until I had to do a few campaigns with that ship to use :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,549 posts
27,179 battles
16 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I dunno. My experience is that the pressure is great and sometimes there are fights and recriminations afterwards. I don't like it.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

I bought the T9 Jean Bart! I love it.... cost a lot of coal, but, did I mention I'm loving it?

Tonight, I buy the Salem...

The hard part will be deciding which one I love more? The Jean Bart, a beefy torp eating ship killer...

Or the Salem... this ship might just make me unfaithful....

Yeah, its not all bad... 2 free ships... but which one do I love more? :(

(My wife is hoping this is satire because if its not... then I'm going to be in the dog house... and we don't have a dog!)

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles
1 minute ago, FuryTomic said:

Stopping by to say kudos for the effort on listing some of the good things that still make the game good. :cap_like:

The campaign tasks certainly gives some challenging efforts to try... It even made me start using a ship I've long neglected on using until I had to do a few campaigns with that ship to use :Smile_veryhappy:

Gotta tell people when they do something right too. It would be really hard for a company to judge where to go with the game if all they heard was the bad. I know this place isn't seen as much as say the FB counter part but hey it's here.

Yeah i don't usually play above tier 7, so many great boats there. The campaigns get me out into my higher tier boats. Shakes it up. It's good to have incentives to try new things.

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
4,805 battles
3 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Gotta tell people when they do something right too. It would be really hard for a company to judge where to go with the game if all they heard was the bad. I know this place isn't seen as much as say the FB counter part but hey it's here.

Yeah i don't usually play above tier 7, so many great boats there. The campaigns get me out into my higher tier boats. Shakes it up. It's good to have incentives to try new things.

I think my absolute favorite thing of 2018 was snowflakes.   It made me play so many ships that i own (190) but haven't played in forever and realised how fun some of them still were.  I would totally support other mechanisms that encourage the playing of all ships in port, no matter the rewards.

Like you, my favorite tiers are 4 through 7 and even in that grouping, I made new friends again with ships i had completely forgotten about.

• Cool 1