You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RyuuohD_NA

Speculation: Yahagi to be a new Coal Ship

14 comments in this topic

Members
2,321 posts
78 battles

This just came into my mind recently.

Looking at the stats, and some of the gameplay videos I've seen, the current Yahagi seems to be a rather underwhelming T5 cruiser. I'm not sure if WG will make adjustments with regards to her guns, but the ship itself is lackluster. 

This then led me to think that maybe,  they will release Yahagi in Arsenal as a coal ship. If you look at the Arsenal ship list, the lineup of cheaper ships tradeable for coal is pretty small (iirc Charleston, Yuubari, Aigle, Campbelltown), while the rest are the higher-priced ships like Salem and Musashi. In my opinion, having some variety for the cheaper coal ships is a good thing, as it will give people some variety of premiums to obtain at a reasonable price.

So what do you think?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,260 posts
9,624 battles

i dunno, its a IJN CL with 8 centerlined torps that, iirc, do around the damage the Shima's torps do, but have to give a full broadside to get off, im not sure about how it'll come to the masses

[ARGSY]
Members
13,440 posts
8,639 battles

Yahagi looks from her torp angles and guns to be Yubari's bigger brother but without that obscenely accurate gunnery module. I can see her being for coal eventually, but probably not right away.

Remember the old days of "direct to video" film releases? How bad would a ship have to be to be released direct to the Arsenal? (For coal, of course; steel ships don't count for this.)

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,589 posts
5,729 battles

I wouldn't mind, since my coal stockpile is building and I haven't really got any coal ship I'm interested in. TBH as she looks right now I don't see myself buying Yahagi with cash. But for free coal, yeah sure I can accept that, even if Yahagi became a port queen/co-op ship.

There's nothing that can be done about the torp angles, since that was just how the Agano class were designed. But imho WG need to lower the detection by a kilometre, and they need to do something about those guns. Give it a higher RoF and Aiming Mod 0 and that would work for me and my Mogami captain.

[EQRN]
Members
1,381 posts
12,548 battles

I think it's a US cruiser.  Look at Des Moines or Salem and notice the directors and the secondary battery behind the 2 main turrets, and they groove very well with the silhouette.  No idea what US cruiser, but that's where my money is at.   No one used directors like that, and no BB had a 5/38 secondary superfiring over the 2 front turrets.

Edit: I'm an idiot and thought this was discussion about the upcoming steel arsenal ship, disregard.

Edited by FrodoFraggin

[2CUTE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
107 posts
5,894 battles

This then led me to think that maybe,  they will release Yahagi in Arsenal as a coal ship. If you look at the Arsenal ship list, the lineup of cheaper ships tradeable for coal is pretty small (iirc Charleston, Yuubari, Aigle, Campbelltown), while the rest are the higher-priced ships like Salem and Musashi. In my opinion, having some variety for the cheaper coal ships is a good thing, as it will give people some variety of premiums to obtain at a reasonable price.

My thoughts (Didn't mention this in my video review) are the same as you. I wouldn't mind them offering Yahagi via purchase with coal also with it's current parameters and performance.

Though, she could always end up going through the premium shop method if they wanted to.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,975 posts
12,377 battles

I would be surprised to see a low tier premium go straight in for coal rather than being sold for cash first. That said, I was surprised by Jean Bart coming for coal too.

Yahagi has been in test for a moderate period, though interrupted by the Christmas/New Year period and possibly by handling the carrier rework - I think it's probable that we might see some dev blog adjustments of her, Neutrashimyy, Leone, Azuma and even Viribis Unitas fairly shortly.

Members
854 posts
10,722 battles

It’s possible.  I already wrote my response to it on Stuntman’s video overview.  Really, I’m more curious of another way to buff her, two ways in fact.  One, I’m curious of how potent Mod.0 would be at T5.  See at T3 and T4 your locked in to +1 tiering which may bring up questions about the Module.  But seeing as T5 is +2 and will be bottom tier 70%, with this ship as is, Mod.0 might not be that big of a deal.  Two, she could inherent higher tier modifications (a la Arkansas Beta).

Edited by Airglide2

[NGA]
Members
1,863 posts
9,704 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yahagi looks from her torp angles and guns to be Yubari's bigger brother but without that obscenely accurate gunnery module. I can see her being for coal eventually, but probably not right away.

Remember the old days of "direct to video" film releases? How bad would a ship have to be to be released direct to the Arsenal? (For coal, of course; steel ships don't count for this.)

Charleston got an Arsenal release and it's essentially a premium Saint Louis. Back in the day, St. Lou was considered the best ship of tier III. And I'd say she's still a top contender.

[-ZF-]
Beta Testers
3,278 posts
4,892 battles

id like to see it it get the module to reduce dispersion by 50%

[WOLFB]
Members
2,912 posts
12,147 battles

I would personally prefer having Azuma as a coal ship if it's possible. Even if it means Yahagi isn't coal. 

But if she's coal, or both ship are actually coal then it would be cool. 

Members
6,269 posts
6,634 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I would personally prefer having Azuma as a coal ship if it's possible. Even if it means Yahagi isn't coal. 

But if she's coal, or both ship are actually coal then it would be cool. 

Sadly, Azuma seems almost certain to be steel. Which... is a darned shame. 

[ARGSY]
Members
13,440 posts
8,639 battles
5 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Charleston got an Arsenal release and it's essentially a premium Saint Louis. Back in the day, St. Lou was considered the best ship of tier III. And I'd say she's still a top contender.

All true. I hadn't thought of Charleston, possibly because she was a newbie giveaway before she went to the Arsenal and also possibly because she is (as you have said) a St Louis clone rather than a new ship like Yahagi.

[POP]
Members
1,846 posts
18,592 battles

hi

Though most people think it will be this new IJN ship Azuma have a look at what WG wrote about the new BB line coming out.

They have a VMF version of the Nelson coming real soon, money is on that of course I could be way wrong.    

• Cool 1