You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

Tonight, I become an X man!

33 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

My mutant ability be be grinding coal....

Tonight, I join the Tier X fraternity.

11pm Tonight, NZ time, when the servers tick over to the new day... I just have to play 1 game to to win a crate and then just has to contain 400 coal....

and I can buy my Salem....

I would have bought it months ago but decided to buy the T9 Jean Bart... a decision I am still loving.... its a good ship.

But it is T9.

The Salem is TX or T10 .... I will be one of the X-men. :)

After that.... the minor ships... fleet fillers.... the T5 October Revolution... The T3 Charleston and T3 Campbeltown....

(I already own the other pre T6 ships) I did own the Campbeltown once.... :cap_like: I want her back again.

After that..... camos... signals, commanders and whatever else is going.... till they add another ship I like.

• Cool 4

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,639 posts
4,371 battles
26 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

I will be one of the X-men. :)

Congrats.  I went the other way and bought Salem with the old ship coupon instead of Jean Bart.  My first X ship.  Loving it so far.

Now is I can just crank enough Coal for Musashi before it goes.

• Cool 1

Members
23,511 posts
5,945 battles
30 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

11pm Tonight, NZ time, when the servers tick over to the new day... I just have to play 1 game to to win a crate and then just has to contain 400 coal....

I would have bought it months ago but decided to buy the T9 Jean Bart... a decision I am still loving.... its a good ship.

But it is T9.

After that.... the minor ships... fleet fillers.... the T5 October Revolution... The T3 Charleston and T3 Campbeltown....

(I already own the other pre T6 ships) I did own the Campbeltown once.... :cap_like: I want her back again.

After that..... camos... signals, commanders and whatever else is going.... till they add another ship I like.

You know what will happen, you'll be looking for 400 coal from that container and you'll get an SC instead....:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 5

[KSD]
Beta Testers
509 posts
14,043 battles

Welcome to the club.

I know it takes a bit longer for those from the Land of the Long White Cloud to get up to speed.  It must be the Shaky Isle that does it.

and we just won't mention the Bledisloe Cup or any thing about rugby since this is a forum about boats, and only boats.

:Smile_hiding:

Members
2,278 posts
3,967 battles
24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You know what will happen, you'll be looking for 400 coal from that container and you'll get an SC instead....:Smile_veryhappy:

You joke but that exact thing happened to me while grinding out the last of the coal of the Musashi.  AND it was my first ever ship from a super container,  the Monaghan.  Which gave me a snowflake for coal so I won both ways.

Members
23,511 posts
5,945 battles
1 minute ago, Palladia said:

You joke but that exact thing happened to me while grinding out the last of the coal of the Musashi.  AND it was my first ever ship from a super container,  the Monaghan.  Which gave me a snowflake for coal so I won both ways.

Lol sweet!

I ended up converting a few hundred steel to get Musashi, as I wasn't sure if I'd get to play any more games before the event ended.

Worked out, because I was able to play a couple more games over the holidays, and recouped my steel and then some by knocking off Musashi's snowflake.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,321 posts
12,686 battles

That TX will get you 200 Steel

quick get it now

[SOV]
Members
2,929 posts
41 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That would be Awsom! Get a super with aa flags!

[SF-A]
Members
3,128 posts
6,786 battles

Nice! Ready for war!

image.thumb.png.c03d8575a4844bfe0632cc12a6a29f89.png

She's still around, and isn't too far from me. Go sink some of those Axis cans! :cap_rambo:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,260 posts
9,624 battles
2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

But it is T9.

the title of your thread made me think of this scene

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Congrats.  I went the other way and bought Salem with the old ship coupon instead of Jean Bart.  My first X ship.  Loving it so far.

Yeah, if I'd held out for another week, I would have gotten the Salem too, But I had this strange idea that WoWs would wake up and figure out they'd made a mistake and remove her... :) That is why I grinded coal to get the Salen should they remove THAT when they removed the Musashi. :) I'm an untrusting sod deep down! :)

3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah right... its never happened to me before, when I go for resources, I always get at least 400 coal, many times, 800.... and a few times, 1200!

When I went for "take a chance" I won 18K coal... once.... I figured out that was a con and never went for that option again (read above about being untrusting!)

3 hours ago, SansPeur said:

Welcome to the club.

I know it takes a bit longer for those from the Land of the Long White Cloud to get up to speed.  It must be the Shaky Isle that does it.

and we just won't mention the Bledisloe Cup or any thing about rugby since this is a forum about boats, and only boats.

:Smile_hiding:

Well then, we also have the Americas cup.... wanna talk about that? :Smile_teethhappy:

2 hours ago, Palladia said:

within 4 days, I won 2 ships from free Santa crates, the FIRST time EVER since I started playing WoWs three years ago (on the EU server)

1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

the title of your thread made me think of this scene

Well, strange as it seems, I used to be a short story writer so I might revive the hobby when I get the Salem... a war time story about bravery death and.... the Salem... :)

And to everyone else. Thanks. I used the multi quote for the first time ever and got horribly.... thought I'd better leave it at what I had rather than push my lujk any further. :)

Edited by kiwi1960

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Sadly.... I goofed. I am only human.

I thought I only needed 160,000 coal with coupon... but really, as i just found out when I did my sums the right way, I need 180,000 coal. :(

I am still just under 20K short. I'm not yet one of the X men. :(

• Funny 2

[P-V-E]
Members
1,210 posts

it's a wander you got your sig right :Smile_trollface:

Edited by b101uk
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,626 posts
6,245 battles
11 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Congrats!  I think Salem is HELLA GOOD.

She was my first (and only) tier 10 ship.  I chose her over the Jean Bart because reasons.  Apparently they were good reasons, too.

I am only approximately forever amount of xp away from the CurryWurst.  Thankfully WG buffed the Freddie G since I'm going to be playing her for a while.  It's still gonna be a grind though.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,464 posts
8,656 battles
12 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

I thought I only needed 160,000 coal with coupon... but really, as i just found out when I did my sums the right way, I need 180,000 coal. :(

Keep grinding; you'll get there. 

Just remember - when you do, you will be in a very interesting situation. ON THE ONE HAND, you will never be bottom-tier again; ON THE OTHER HAND, you will have no right to complain about always being in a Tier X battle. (Your lamentations will now be along the lines of not having Tier VIII ships to beat up on.:cap_haloween:)

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,395 battles
12 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Hold right up. Do you have the Musashi? If not, PICK THAT. It's literally going away in a few days. and It's one of the best ships in the game tier for tier. 

I wouldn't worry about playing the Salem man. The Des is just way better when you grind her up.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,464 posts
8,656 battles
51 minutes ago, Merlox said:

The Des is just way better when you grind her up.

Against that, the service costs of the Salem with her native permacamo are stupidly low and the Musashi can't do clan battles or (if we see it again) Tier 10 Ranked.

I get the feeling that if OP does not already have the Musashi, they would have considered it before springing for the JB with coal.

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
3 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Drag, I was gonna make with the congrates...but I guess I'll have to wait, LOL... Stay strong my Kiwi friend! 

• Cool 1

[HGE]
Members
36 posts
4,658 battles

Does Salem have additional hidden credit bonus?

I would grind up the tree to DM and get Musashi w coal.  Even wo -50% repair cost Musashi still makes credits similar to or more than DM w premium camo.  Granted new CV rework may not be kind to Musashi.  Also DM has special upgrade!!

I’m wondering to get Salem or JB myself haha. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,939 posts
4,831 battles
21 hours ago, iDuckman said:

How much coal and steel do you have?

[NWNG]
Members
2,939 posts
4,831 battles
7 minutes ago, PyroWaves said:

Does Salem have additional hidden credit bonus?

I would grind up the tree to DM and get Musashi w coal.  Even wo -50% repair cost Musashi still makes credits similar to or more than DM w premium camo.  Granted new CV rework may not be kind to Musashi.  Also DM has special upgrade!!

I’m wondering to get Salem or JB myself haha. 

The current system of CV, is not kind to Musashi, nor Yamato. So nothing new there.

EDIT: As for your Salem question, I don't know if it has hidden credit earnings, but I do know, that it gets a reduction in post battle service cost of 50% bringing it down to 90,000 before camo is applied, and if I recall it's camo also has the -50% post battle service cost, like all tier 10s, bringing it down to 45,000 credits, before ammo and consumables apply, thus making it a very cheap tier 10 to play. Plus a +20% credit bonus, on Camo as well. So, profits will be far greater playing Salem over any tier 10 tech tree ship.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
9 hours ago, Merlox said:

Hold right up. Do you have the Musashi? If not, PICK THAT. It's literally going away in a few days. and It's one of the best ships in the game tier for tier. 

I wouldn't worry about playing the Salem man. The Des is just way better when you grind her up.

Really? And with the rework dropping in 0.8.0 then having virtually no AA becomes a liability... why do you think they are removing here... :)

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
11 hours ago, b101uk said:

it's a wander you got your sig right :Smile_trollface:

My wife helped. :)