Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheSNAFUSloth

CV Rework Refunds and Snowflakes

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3 posts
8,515 battles

I'm trying to think of ways to collect as many steel snowflakes and take advantage of the upcoming refunds with the CV rework. If, as I understand it, current CV XP will be converted to FXP with the rework, would it make sense to spend some FXP now to get T9-10 ships, knock off the snowflakes to get steel, then recuperate that when my CV XP is converted with 0.8.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[RLGN]
Members
9,632 posts
19,108 battles

If that kind of a refund is actually going to happen, WG may not be liking me much; I have a mil+ xp on my Bogue.

Sounds good? Ultimately though you’ll have to decide if the credit and xp/fxp outlay needed to get that steel is worth doing.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,861
[SYN]
Members
7,216 posts
12,308 battles
17 minutes ago, TheSNAFUSloth said:

I'm trying to think of ways to collect as many steel snowflakes and take advantage of the upcoming refunds with the CV rework. If, as I understand it, current CV XP will be converted to FXP with the rework, would it make sense to spend some FXP now to get T9-10 ships, knock off the snowflakes to get steel, then recuperate that when my CV XP is converted with 0.8.0?

I FXP the CVs for the steel plus bought the camos when they were 50% off. Now just to wait for the chance to refund it all lol.

4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If that kind of a refund is actually going to happen, WG may not be liking me much; I have a mil+ xp on my Bogue.

Sounds good? Ultimately though you’ll have to decide if the credit and xp/fxp outlay needed to get that steel is worth doing.

You won't get the mil+ back in FXP. XP currently on the ships will be transferred to either the CV below or to the t1 of that nation. The only XP being refunded as FXP is the XP spend on the ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,022
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,028 posts
10,486 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If that kind of a refund is actually going to happen, WG may not be liking me much; I have a mil+ xp on my Bogue.

Sounds good? Ultimately though you’ll have to decide if the credit and xp/fxp outlay needed to get that steel is worth doing.

My understanding is you get the free experience if you don't keep your CV's and as Kapt Wuff mentioned that is only for the experience invested into the ship, the convertible experience will go to that nations T1 ship. . They should probably put a minimum time for reacquiring those CV's to avoid abuse with people selling them and immediately buying them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[RLGN]
Members
9,632 posts
19,108 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

My understanding is you get the free experience if you don't keep your CV's and as Kapt Wuff mentioned that is only for the experience invested into the ship, the convertible experience will go to that nations T1 ship. . They should probably put a minimum time for reacquiring those CV's to avoid abuse with people selling them and immediately buying them back.

May have to make sure to screenshot the before and after; gonna be a riot to see a million xp on Erie.

I’d rather keep the ship; even if I can’t use it; I think Bogue holds more nostalgia value than any other ship in my port, except perhaps Warspite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,022
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,028 posts
10,486 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So the convertible experience becomes useless?

It continues to be convertible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,197 posts
20 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I FXP the CVs for the steel plus bought the camos when they were 50% off. Now just to wait for the chance to refund it all lol.

Same. Just hope the CV rework doesn't get delayed or worse cancelled. I mean I don't like the rework but at least we're getting compensated, handsomely in fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[WOLF6]
Members
810 posts
6,972 battles
36 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So the convertible experience becomes useless?

It is exactly like it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,413
[NGAGE]
Members
2,873 posts
7,782 battles

My understanding is you will be able to "sell" the researched ship for free xp up to the cost of the ship (and researched modules).

But any xp on the ship will be transferred to the respective ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,154 posts
6,894 battles
24 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Same. Just hope the CV rework doesn't get delayed or worse cancelled. I mean I don't like the rework but at least we're getting compensated, handsomely in fact.

They are not going to cancel it and theyu always do well by the customer when things like this happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,481 posts
1,164 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

It continues to be convertible.

But if it moves to T1, then it is useless.

1 hour ago, galspanic said:

It is exactly like it is now.

So, it stays on the ship you might own? Or does it go to tier 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,861
[SYN]
Members
7,216 posts
12,308 battles

 

1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

May have to make sure to screenshot the before and after; gonna be a riot to see a million xp on Erie.

I’d rather keep the ship; even if I can’t use it; I think Bogue holds more nostalgia value than any other ship in my port, except perhaps Warspite.

Bouge is odd tiered though, so it's gonna automatically be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
5,230 battles
7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But if it moves to T1, then it is useless.

So, it stays on the ship you might own? Or does it go to tier 1?

Convertible XP is always "useless."

You only accumulate it on elite ships. Elite ships have already researched all upgrades and unlocked all possible ships next on the tech tree. Whether it is on the Erie or the Bogue or any other ship makes zero difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[WOLF6]
Members
810 posts
6,972 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But if it moves to T1, then it is useless.

So, it stays on the ship you might own? Or does it go to tier 1?

If it’s on tier 1 it’s just as useful as tier 5 - you have to spend doubloons to do anything with it no matter where it is.

It should be to tier 4.  That way you’ve got all the EXP from the Bogue now going towards the grind to tier 6... just like it is now.  

I’m on the Shokaku and Essex with about 40% of the EXP needed to jump to the Taího and Midway.  In my case I will have the Shokaku with about the same EXP applied to it and then the Lexington with a bunch of EXP on it.  I should be about the same distance from the Tier 10s as I am now - if anything i’ll Be closer based on what they said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,022
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,028 posts
10,486 battles
26 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But if it moves to T1, then it is useless.

So, it stays on the ship you might own? Or does it go to tier 1?

Tier 1's cost nothing to buy so all you need is an open port slot to access the convertible experience and you can simply sell it back for what you paid as soon as you are done converting.

20 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

 

Bouge is odd tiered though, so it's gonna automatically be removed.

The Bogue is going away and will be replaced in the new even tier only trees and the other odd tier CV's are moving to even tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[RLGN]
Members
9,632 posts
19,108 battles
16 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Bouge is odd tiered though, so it's gonna automatically be removed.

Oh, I know; and that’s part of the reason the rework hacks me off.

Think about any ship you’ve had since you started, (carrier or whatever,) and WG says; ‘Sorry, that’s OP, we’re taking it out of the game.’

2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The Bogue is going away and will be replaced in the new even tier only trees and the other odd tier CV's are moving to even tiers.

Nothing can replace Bogue. Da*n sure not Langley, and I’ve never liked Independence that much because the top hull doesn’t have secondaries, (this will be especially true under the (redacted) mess that is the new system.)

2 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I have the T-5,6,7 US CVs so what happens.

Bogue leaves; since you don’t have Langley the rest may go away as well. Not sure about Independence, but I think Ranger becomes the ‘new’ T6.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[PVE]
Members
550 posts
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Oh, I know; and that’s part of the reason the rework hacks me off.

Think about any ship you’ve had since you started, (carrier or whatever,) and WG says; ‘Sorry, that’s OP, we’re taking it out of the game.’

Nothing can replace Bogue. Da*n sure not Langley, and I’ve never liked Independence that much because the top hull doesn’t have secondaries, (this will be especially true under the (redacted) mess that is the new system.)

Bogue leaves; since you don’t have Langley the rest may go away as well. Not sure about Independence, but I think Ranger becomes the ‘new’ T6.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146
[WOLF5]
Members
640 posts
22,706 battles
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So the convertible experience becomes useless?

If you refund the CV's your ship convertible experience on elited ships will revert back to the T-I of that nation. WG will only be refunding the cost of researching the ships/modules as FreeXP + Credits. See here under compensation.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-080/

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[TATER]
Members
85 posts
1,354 battles
10 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

If you refund the CV's your ship convertible experience on elited ships will revert back to the T-I of that nation. WG will only be refunding the cost of researching the ships/modules as FreeXP + Credits. See here under compensation.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-080/

 

That's not right. Maybe I'm understanding wrong, but in the case of Bogue, if I'm building convertible points grinding towards Independence at 38k xp, then it will get fipped back the T1?  That sorta screws me since I now need to spend doubloons to make the XP work towards whatever carrier is at T6.  They apply the convertible points to Langley at T4 so  I don't lose progress in the CV line grind.  BTW-  I"ve researched all other U.S. ship lines so spending doubloon would be my only choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ROG]
Members
1 post
5,945 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

That's not right. Maybe I'm understanding wrong, but in the case of Bogue, if I'm building convertible points grinding towards Independence at 38k xp, then it will get fipped back the T1?  That sorta screws me since I now need to spend doubloons to make the XP work towards whatever carrier is at T6.  They apply the convertible points to Langley at T4 so  I don't lose progress in the CV line grind.  BTW-  I"ve researched all other U.S. ship lines so spending doubloon would be my only choice

If you haven't unlocked Independence, it'll go to the Langley. If you have unlocked independence and all of the Bogue's modules, it doesn't matter where it goes but it'll go somewhere.

Edited by FelOnyx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,378
Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So the convertible experience becomes useless?

No more so than it already is.

When you convert XP, it doesn't matter what elite ship it comes from.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,378
Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

That's not right. Maybe I'm understanding wrong, but in the case of Bogue, if I'm building convertible points grinding towards Independence at 38k xp....

All your XP will be moved to Langley, and still counts towards Indy. 

Any XP you spent on Bogue modules (including a sizable portion of the Bogue itself) gets refunded as free XP.

The only downside is, if you don't have enough XP to unlock Indy before the switch, and you sold Langley when you got Bogue, you'll have to rebuy it to continue grinding towards Indy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×