You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DrunkenSailor63

Why do I keep losing stars in ranked despite having top score?

12 comments in this topic

[D33P6]
Members
175 posts
10,631 battles

Title says it all.  Have had this happen multiple times.  Worse, have lost rank from this past irrevocable levels.  It 'shows' me not losing my star in the team score screen, but it takes it away anyway.  What's up?  How to fix??

Edited by DrunkenSailor63

Members
428 posts
7,456 battles

When this has seemed to happen to me it was because I had exited a previous match after I was sunk and entered a new one with a different ship, so the notification that comes up seems to be the loss from the last battle not the current one 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
18,990 posts
19,206 battles
23 minutes ago, DrunkenSailor63 said:

Title says it all.  Have had this happen multiple times.  Worse, have lost rank from this past irrevocable levels.  It 'shows' me not losing my star in the team score screen, but it takes it away anyway.  What's up?  How to fix??

Rather than asking us, I'd suggest taking some screen shots and submitting support tickets. 

[SYN]
Members
15,021 posts
11,529 battles

it's a UI bug, you still keep your star.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
384 posts
13,745 battles
44 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Rather than asking us, I'd suggest taking some screen shots and submitting support tickets. 

Pretty much this. I suspect you are getting a notification from the previous battle where you lost a star.

Ofc, you can "fix" it by winning all your games and not just try to save a star...

[D33P6]
Members
175 posts
10,631 battles

Yes, I submitted a ticket.  Not sure it's worth the effort to dig up all the screenshots and send them in (this happened about 4 times), as it would require multiple screen shots for each one (something showing going in level, something showing battle results, then something showing star going away).  Posted to see if anybody else had a similar issue, and what they did about it.

No, it's not just a UI thing I don't think....the stars definitely go away.

Yes, winning every match solves it!  Except, that's really hard to do.  Usually the way through ranked is to not lose stars, and this is making that impossible.

Doesn't seem to be exiting match and switching ships:  1.  I sometimes played the same ship again, 2.  The star was definitely gone.  3.  I think during this streak it happened like 4 times in a row...so none of the matches should have removed a star.

I did close the game and restart, that will probably fix it, whatever it was (haven't been in that scenario again to test).  Worth the time to dig through all the replays for screen shots to send to WG to see about getting stars back?  Probably not...unless the problem still persists.

Edited by DrunkenSailor63

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
474 posts
5,375 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 12:03 PM, DrunkenSailor63 said:

What's up?

On 1/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, Visidious said:

it was because I had exited a previous match after I was sunk and entered a new one with a different ship, so the notification that comes up seems to be the loss from the last battle not the current one 

^ that is probably the cause of your concern.  

[D33P6]
Members
175 posts
10,631 battles

Is DE really worth it?  The small additional chance of fire doesn't seem like it would add much (ie, the higher the base fire chance, the less the boost's significance).  But then, I've found it doesn't matter much on smaller guns, either...if you don't set it on fire with one salvo...you do on the next 6 seconds later...and once its burning, you can't set it on fire there again anyway.  So the overall impact on fires started isn't that much, not for a level 3 captain's skill.

I do find it useful to offset IFHE.

Members
21,172 posts
5,686 battles
On Sunday, January 06, 2019 at 12:23 PM, Visidious said:

When this has seemed to happen to me it was because I had exited a previous match after I was sunk and entered a new one with a different ship, so the notification that comes up seems to be the loss from the last battle not the current one 

Yeah, I've actually had it happen a few times where I died quite early, needing a star to advance.

The next game would be a quick win, and I would advance, and not lose a star when the first game was a loss.

Basically, the order in which you play the battles doesn't matter, just the order in which they finish.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,466 posts
7,619 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, Visidious said:

It can work the other way, too. I ranked out while losing a battle during Sprint 2. Got sunk early in a DD at rank 2.2. Certain it would be a loss, I hopped into another battle as fast as  I could, thinking that a really quick win might register before a slow loss in the first battle. Well, the second battle was a loss, but the result screen had me ranked out - the team in the first battle pulled out the win, and it registered first. So, even though I  finished my Sprint 2 season with a loss, I ranked out anyway.

Basically, the order in which you play the battles doesn't matter, just the order in which they finish.

Yup.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea