You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Emohsnevar

Annoying CO-OP Carriers

18 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
7,397 battles

At the moment my left hand is mostly bandaged so I have been playing in CO-OP to get by.  I would like to know WHY?  No matter what ship I'm in, no matter what I do the BOT CARRIER ALWAYS SEEKS ME OUT.  It actively targets me even when other ships are in it's path and before I am even detected, it will bypass them to go directly to me! I can even see them on the map when they are detected by other ships making a bee line straight towards me.  Seriously ANNOYING. This morning alone 8 straight matches in a row of an enemy  BOT carrier doing this.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,024 posts
22,444 battles

Bot CVs "cheat".  They know where EVERY ship on the player team is, regardless of whether they're detected or not.  If you're in a stealthy DD trying to do stealthy DD things, sadly you're almost making things worse for yourself in coop, since the bot CV will just do after you.  I've found more success in coop with DDs by just playing gunboats and hybrids and smoking up a bit to the side of the path that the bots are taking (with friendlies doing the spotting for me), and just gunning them down from smoke, with the occasional spread of torps.  CVs will ignore you while in smoke, and you get to farm some damage and kills while working the smoke.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,223 posts
20 minutes ago, Emohsnevar said:

At the moment my left hand is mostly bandaged so I have been playing in CO-OP to get by.  I would like to know WHY?  No matter what ship I'm in, no matter what I do the BOT CARRIER ALWAYS SEEKS ME OUT.  It actively targets me even when other ships are in it's path and before I am even detected, it will bypass them to go directly to me! I can even see them on the map when they are detected by other ships making a bee line straight towards me.  Seriously ANNOYING. This morning alone 8 straight matches in a row of an enemy  BOT carrier doing this.

Skynet is watching you...:Smile_hiding:

As Crusis says, Bots cheat. They have 100% battlefield vision, and it if they decide you're primary, your it.

I've never been able to determine what keys them on a certain person, but I've seen it too. Game after game of the bot CV hunting me like I'm the last fish in the ocean....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,468 posts
17,884 battles

I just have to laugh at both the post and the reply! Bot CVs do not cheat and they do not know where every opponent is spotted or not! If this were true then every time I enter a co op battle in a CV I would be attacked by the Bot CV immediately! Doesn't happen! I rarely get attacked the entire battle unless the rest of the team folds!

Make that a double Laugh at the first two replies!

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
100 posts
2,118 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Bot CVs do not cheat and they do not know where every opponent is spotted or not!

Bot spotted trying to spread misinformation! :Smile_teethhappy:

All bots know exactly where all ships are on the map at all times. They only attack however when they can actually see you. Bot CV's just get weird and have a tendency to roll a d8 and pound that guy for a few sorties then roll again for new target selection.

• Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,223 posts
8 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I just have to laugh at both the post and the reply! Bot CVs do not cheat and they do not know where every opponent is spotted or not! If this were true then every time I enter a co op battle in a CV I would be attacked by the Bot CV immediately! Doesn't happen! I rarely get attacked the entire battle unless the rest of the team folds!

Make that a double Laugh at the first two replies!

Then you haven't played much co-op...have you.....:Smile_facepalm:

Anyone that's played sufficient games in there knows this.....

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
11,477 posts
20,422 battles
3 minutes ago, Vladeshi said:

Bot spotted trying to spread misinformation! :Smile_teethhappy:

All bots know exactly where all ships are on the map at all times. They only attack however when they can actually see you. Bot CV's just get weird and have a tendency to roll a d8 and pound that guy for a few sorties then roll again for new target selection.

Pretty much.

Especially annoying as a carrier or destroyer that hasn’t even been ‘spotted,’ yet the bot CV makes a b-line right to you.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,310 posts

Target Priorities for Bot CV (as far as I can tell)

1) you are YOLOing (i.e. CV in the backfield)

2) you are on a ship that carries torps.  (Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Tirpitz, etc.)

3) You are low health -- (chooses lowest based on percentage of health).

4) You have no AA.

So hop into your T6-T10 US cruiser and the bot planes won't even visit your side of the map.

EDIT --- AND MOST IMPORTANT !!!!     Look into your campaign missions and select a 'Shoot Down xx planes' mission.  You won't see a CV all day.

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
22,024 posts
22,444 battles
17 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

So now we are even crying about CVs in coop...bahhahahaha

Wuff, for what it's worth, it's less that it's CVs and more that bot CVs have that incredibly annoying behavior of focusing on a single player's ship to the exclusion of all others, plus the well know cheat of having 100% map awareness of the player team.

There's really no point to trying to play a stealthy DD and trying to flank around the bot team.  And enemy bot ship or a CV's planes WILL go after you.  Better to just work near friendlies and use their AA cover.  For that matter, if you stay near the rest of the team, the bot CV may not even choose to bother you.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,726 posts
12,128 battles

we-are-the-borg-your-biological-and-meme

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,311 posts
21,572 battles
1 hour ago, Emohsnevar said:

LOL this happens to me quite a bit, usually when in something that has crap for AA. Once the bot decides "you're it", they just won't let you be. Last night had this problem while playing my Mogami and the freaking carrier was a Midway so there was little I could do to defend myself and the human carrier player was not giving me much help.... Luckily there was a Jean Bart on our team who was just slaughtering planes so I kept him between me and the incoming planes and that helped out quite a bit. In the post game results, I had shot down like 12 planes, the carrier had shot down 16 planes. The Jean Bart had knocked 42 planes out of the sky!  I hadn't realized the ship had such good AA, maybe the player had maximized the ship for AA. Either way it saved me. 

[NFFS]
Members
107 posts
5,310 battles

I also have to laugh.  I have seen very similar behavior in the bot CVs in Coop.  What gets me more laughs is when playing a DD and watching the enemy fleet zero in on you, even though you are not anywhere near spotting range.  I use that behavior to my advantage sometimes, leading the red bots around.  One time, in the new Okinawa map I was in a DD playing the center objective.  I approached from the west and headed toward the split island in the center.  Then I parked briefly at the tip of the island to see what the bots would do.  Three, count 'em, three red bots beached on the east end and stayed there as long as I was on the other end.  So I politely ran up one side and let fly with two spreads of torps at point blank range.  Delete.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,015 posts
31,860 battles

Bot CV likes to pick 1 ship and go after it most of the game. If you have good AA you get a lot of plane kills.

If you have bad AA  turn into the planes.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,468 posts
17,884 battles

@Vladeshi @awiggin I play Co Op almost exclusively especially when I use a CV! I see no Bot cheat, they do not know where one is until one is spotted, their aim is atrocious from tier 1 to 10. Yes they do tend to lock on a target until it is sunk or they are sunk. I also play DDs, CAs and BBs and see little of what could be construed as cheating. My last match in my Kamikaze R I sank a Loyang DD, a Dallas CA and 2 BBs in succession after the DD spotted me. If there were cheating by the bots I would have been sunk long before I got shots off at the DD!

Beta Testers
82 posts
19,284 battles

I was playing with 2 of my clan mates for about 10 games about a week ago, and in every game, no matter what ship I was in, the bot CV went all out for me, it was funny annoying.

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
698 posts
7,136 battles

I have the same experience. In quite a number of matches the CV clearly targeted me. I used to get upset as I am new to this and had no clue as to how to deal with planes.

Well, thanks to iChase, Jingles, Flamu and Co. I learned a few things :-)

I spec even German BBs at least partly for AA and I LOVE it when a CV in Co-Op wants to get to know me on a more personal level!

I make him my pet project for that game. Screw caps, and as long as the team can do without me (they usually can) I will seek out the CV to personally explain to him that I am not the kind of guy he should be  messing with.

They usually end up getting the message after being sunk and giving me a rather healthy Planes count :-)

So Co-Op; keep 'em coming !

Cheers y'all and happy 2019

Edited by freggo
grammar fix.

[RO-I]
Members
360 posts
On 1/6/2019 at 8:55 AM, Emohsnevar said:

I love CV's in co-op! Wish they were human player of course (not sure how human, as intel levels seem so low). I need all CV play I can get. So boring without them. Learn to live with them please. Every player 'THINKS' they are the main target...YOU'RE not mate...you're not!