You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
blimp66

Nevermind

35 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
15,422 battles

Never mind...didn't realize I violated a forum rule. 

Edited by blimp66
I didn't realize i violated a forum guideline until one of the responders pointed it out.
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 9

Beta Testers
1,895 posts
10,762 battles

You quit on the team and exited the battle without putting up a fight? It's not TK. You turned pink for AFK.

And I think you should turn straight to orange (or brown?) and be banned from random and ranked.

Edited by chewonit
  • Cool 8

[FORM]
Members
407 posts
4,853 battles

Nothing is required, you could stop playing a CV in ranked, or just stop playing ranked, or do what is "expected" of you. FYI - if you spread out your bombers you can use them to spot too, keep them back so that you can run over your allies for def AA support. Either way, if you're getting penalized then you're doing something wrong.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,652 posts
8,016 battles

It’s an afk/quit penalty. You get it for either quitting to port, not playing in the match or getting disconnected a certain amount of times.

Members
24 posts
15,422 battles

I did NOT leave the battle early.  I sailed my Independance to a "safe" spot and kept my lone fighter squad out there spotting.  I stayed till the end and trying to keep the other ships covered.

[SYN]
Members
15,016 posts
11,522 battles

You probably got reported for being AFK, which got you flagged.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,332 posts
11,284 battles
12 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

It's situations like this that really ruin a game that I've enjoyed for 3 years. 

You ruined the game for the other 6 people on your team, I don't know if they've enjoyed it for 3 years or not.

In fact you did it twice - by selecting Independence, not being any good at it then pressing 'battle' and then by giving up the game without a fight.

Then you crawled in here looking for sympathy?

I don't even have words for the level of contempt I feel.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,652 posts
8,016 battles
22 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

I did NOT leave the battle early.  I sailed my Independance to a "safe" spot and kept my lone fighter squad out there spotting.  I stayed till the end and trying to keep the other ships covered.

I’m just telling you what the penalty is and what it is for and why you got it. You can’t just enter a battle and not attack/fight. It’s no different than a bot. And that’s exactly how the game is going to read it and your team will report you for it as well. That’s why you got hit with the penalty. The second you hit battle you don’t have a choice anymore. You either fight, even if it means getting your squadrons wiped out or you take the penalty.

So since you feel you a Ryu has an advantage over your Independence, then it’s best you either don’t bring Independce into your ranked matches anymore and play a different ship or just stay out of ranked altogether.

Also, if you get hit with penalty again or repeatedly while pink, it’ll restrict your account to co-op only.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

These aren't real bombers with real pilots, you know. You'll get more when you launch a new match. 

You could have gone for a carrier snipe to keep enemy fighters from spotting. Even one bomb could have started a fire that killed an enemy ship. But no...

I agree. I think that no one who is pink should be allowed to play ranked. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,506 posts
14,483 battles

@blimp66 I hope all the others reported your actions in a support ticket for rigged battle to get your account suspended or revoked!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TASH]
-Members-
6,942 posts
8,415 battles

You're playing CV. You and the red CV are ruining the game for everybody else.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
18,945 posts
19,191 battles
35 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

So I get this teamkill penalty because I did not "play" my Independance in a ranked battle.  This was my third battle in a row where the enemy carrier had 3 AA fighter squads and I only had 1.  I launched all my squads, but when I saw the Ryujo had 3 AA squads, I recalled my bombers and left my fighter squad out there to spot.  There was no way I could protect my bombers.  This always ends the same way, all my planes being shredded, a total loss for myself and for my team (unless they are really good).

I told my team the situation and apologized to them, for what good it would do.  I don't understand why I should be required to throw away bombers just to give the enemy free exp points, or else get penalized, just because WOWS never balanced US vs. Japanese carriers properly (IMO).

It's situations like this that really ruin a game that I've enjoyed for 3 years.  I've supported this game and buy a premium account from time to time, and I've bought ships for my nephews.  I'm not saying that should give me anything extra...except maybe a little less heavy-handedness from the developers.

Your mistake is playing the Independence in the first place.  If you truly want to play a CV in Sprint (argh!!!), play a Ryujo.

• Bad 1

[LHG]
Members
1,390 posts
5,619 battles

Even if AS Ryuujou is a ridiculously unbalanced artifact from WG's uncaring attitude towards CVs, you have no excuse not to launch all your planes and try to do everything you can. Experience means almost nothing in ranked, victory is what counts. Considering the fact that you were reported enough times for the system to flag you, I would say that a fair amount of your teammates felt that you did not attempt to contribute enough.

[SALVO]
Members
18,945 posts
19,191 battles
2 minutes ago, suleiman71 said:

You're playing CV. You and the red CV are ruining the game for everybody else.

Preach it, brother!!!  :cap_horn:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,611 posts
19,084 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Your mistake is playing the Independence in the first place.  If you truly want to play a CV in Sprint (argh!!!), play a Ryujo.

Also play AS Ryujo, that way you’re bomber power is gimped, and more easily shot into uselessness. After that the dakka ships can get on about their business in relative peace.

(This from a carrier driver. Thought about using a carrier, then decided there was no point, since I would prefer to use Independence, but would likely wind up facing lazy, cancerous trash using AS Ryujos.)

[DS-DL]
Members
100 posts

After you remove all the simpering self-justification, the story is missing just one thing and it would be perfect.

That being the Ryu closed and finished him with secondaries...

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,004 posts
6,976 battles

There are several things that you have to consider:

1. There are ships that you can bring to Ranked, and others that are... "less than ideal", if I say it in a careful manner. Given the strength of 3-1-1 Ryuujou in this Ranked format, Independence is one of these less than ideal ships to bring. This is just like trying to bring HuangHe into T6 Ranked. You just don't. Unless of course you are very good at what you do... but given this post, I doubt that this is the case here.

2. Even when you have lost the air war, your planes are still of use. Even if it's just an attempt to snipe the enemy Carrier, even as that your planes would've been of more use to your team than if you just bunker them out of determination to give up all the influence you have. By bunkering them, you basically accept that you are practically afk for your team. The enemy CV can do whatever he wants, and you are clearly not willing to try and stop him.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,570 posts
7,889 battles
58 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

So I get this teamkill penalty because I did not "play" my Independance in a ranked battle.  This was my third battle in a row where the enemy carrier had 3 AA fighter squads and I only had 1.  I launched all my squads, but when I saw the Ryujo had 3 AA squads, I recalled my bombers and left my fighter squad out there to spot.  There was no way I could protect my bombers.  This always ends the same way, all my planes being shredded, a total loss for myself and for my team (unless they are really good).

I told my team the situation and apologized to them, for what good it would do.  I don't understand why I should be required to throw away bombers just to give the enemy free exp points, or else get penalized, just because WOWS never balanced US vs. Japanese carriers properly (IMO).

It's situations like this that really ruin a game that I've enjoyed for 3 years.  I've supported this game and buy a premium account from time to time, and I've bought ships for my nephews.  I'm not saying that should give me anything extra...except maybe a little less heavy-handedness from the developers.

so, you intentionally screwed your team over, and are coming here looking for sympathy? thats a good joke, tell us another

[STAR]
Members
3,163 posts
8,075 battles

Well, dont play a CV if you are not a good player, both in ranked or random. If you are a bad CV player you are increassing a lot the chances of your team losing the game. This is frustrating for your team. 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
791 posts

you can drop your bombers bombs in open ocean, which results in some really fast scouting squadrons.

or realise that ranked CV is (until rework) about air control and rock the triple fighters yourself. Dont have a ryujo... then you need to understand your weakness as an indy and work with that, or not run a CV.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,965 posts
10,459 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

There are several things that you have to consider:

1. There are ships that you can bring to Ranked, and others that are... "less than ideal", if I say it in a careful manner. Given the strength of 3-1-1 Ryuujou in this Ranked format, Independence is one of these less than ideal ships to bring. This is just like trying to bring HuangHe into T6 Ranked. You just don't. Unless of course you are very good at what you do... but given this post, I doubt that this is the case here.

2. Even when you have lost the air war, your planes are still of use. Even if it's just an attempt to snipe the enemy Carrier, even as that your planes would've been of more use to your team than if you just bunker them out of determination to give up all the influence you have. By bunkering them, you basically accept that you are practically afk for your team. The enemy CV can do whatever he wants, and you are clearly not willing to try and stop him.

QFT, I don't know exactly why you got the penalty but from your own words I am going to guess you got it for inactivity. You earned it in spades and it should probably be worse and by the way you should delete/blank out your OP as you are breaking the forum rules.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/announcement/21-world-of-warships-forum-rules/

and more specifically,

2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions

Hide contents

·         Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums

·         Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions

·         Creating posts accusing others of violating the rules and calling for disciplinary actions

All of these should be addressed to the support team, and not posted on the forums.

Members
1,140 posts
6,429 battles

How you could play a ship for 3 years and not realize it's strengths and weaknesses, and therefore also realize it's not fit for battle (particularly a ranked battle) is beyond ridiculous.

I'm afraid you have no credibility at this point.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,965 posts
10,459 battles

I am going to bet the OP will not take my suggestion so...

d8c.gif

• Bad 1