Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rumple010

Steel ship speculation

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
331 posts
16,931 battles

Got a premium tier 8 ship in the Santa Container today (Yay, me!) which got me enough steel to buy the Flint after knocking off the snowflake. Then I remembered that there is an unknown steel ship coming "soon". That 'coming soon' ship has been there for a while now. It got me thinking about what ship it might be and when it will drop.

My guess is it will become available with the release of 0.8.0. And given WG's recent history of doing things that give the player base conniptions, I predict the ship will be a carrier, that carrier will be the Graf Zeppelin and that it will be our first premium tier 10 carrier in the game.

As an aside, how many other players are hoarding their steel until they see what the 'coming soon' ship is?

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,650 posts
20,365 battles

Think there are already two or three other posts about this topic. 

And spoiler alert, it may be the Azuma, a T10 IJN cruiser.

Members
40 posts
63 battles

the upcoming steel ship will be priced similarly to the stalin and BG. if you have steel for the flint, means you have less than 10k steel. if youre not serious about clan battles and ranked battles then you will not get steel and most probably remain at the same steel mount you have now, meaning you will never have enough steel for upcoming ship or tierX ships for steel

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,652 posts
8,016 battles
34 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

Got a premium tier 8 ship in the Santa Container today (Yay, me!) which got me enough steel to buy the Flint after knocking off the snowflake. Then I remembered that there is an unknown steel ship coming "soon". That 'coming soon' ship has been there for a while now. It got me thinking about what ship it might be and when it will drop.

My guess is it will become available with the release of 0.8.0. And given WG's recent history of doing things that give the player base conniptions, I predict the ship will be a carrier, that carrier will be the Graf Zeppelin and that it will be our first premium tier 10 carrier in the game.

As an aside, how many other players are hoarding their steel until they see what the 'coming soon' ship is?

You’re predicting that they bump GZ up to tier 10 from tier 8?

[WOLFC]
Members
331 posts
16,931 battles
2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

I'm just guessing so why not guess big? 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,004 posts
6,976 battles
4 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

As long as I get to keep mine, WG can surely bump her to T10 provided a few buffs follow :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFC]
Members
331 posts
16,931 battles
21 minutes ago, noobiehick said:

if youre not serious about clan battles and ranked battles then you will not get steel and most probably remain at the same steel mount you have now, meaning you will never have enough steel for upcoming ship or tierX ships for steel

I expect you are correct but I'm still not going to spend my steel until I see what that ship is.Hear that WG? So long as you have a mystery ship in the Arsenal I'm hoarding my steel!

[A_51]
Members
725 posts
15,904 battles
1 hour ago, noobiehick said:

the upcoming steel ship will be priced similarly to the stalin and BG. if you have steel for the flint, means you have less than 10k steel. if youre not serious about clan battles and ranked battles then you will not get steel and most probably remain at the same steel mount you have now, meaning you will never have enough steel for upcoming ship or tierX ships for steel

I wouldn't bet on that.  I fully expect WG will sell another steel campaign sometime in the future.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,040 posts
9 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I wouldn't bet on that.  I fully expect WG will sell another steel campaign sometime in the future.

If the reason for selling a limited amount of steel is to try and push more players into Clan battles, then no.

If it's all about needing more money, then very possibly. 

Either reason isn't a good sign for the game itself though....:cap_hmm:

Members
40 posts
63 battles
58 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

well maybe. they did say it was a one time thing, but they said that to other stuff too. so you never know

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
4,805 battles
2 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

I'm just guessing so why not guess big? 

There was a GZ on PTS for the carrier rework and it was still T8

Sign in to follow this