You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tankerjafe

Radio-Controlled model warship combat!

12 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
21,476 posts
15,219 battles

I've seen this before, a few times. It's interesting, looks fun, but I wouldn't spend so much effort on making a functional model of a thing and then have it shot to pieces and needing repair. I take way too much pride in details.

QIv9drP.jpg

This is a project I'm currently working on, almost done.

Still, those fighting ships are fun to watch.

• Cool 3

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
50 minutes ago, Lert said:

I've seen this before, a few times. It's interesting, looks fun, but I wouldn't spend so much effort on making a functional model of a thing and then have it shot to pieces and needing repair. I take way too much pride in details.

But as you can see, those ships are not built for detail. The real detail is in the servos and RC components.

Is that stuff on the barrel PE or did you scratch build it?

[HINON]
Supertester
21,476 posts
15,219 battles
4 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

But as you can see, those ships are not built for detail. The real detail is in the servos and RC components.

I'd want the detail though, in anything I build. I take pride in my modeling efforts.

5 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Is that stuff on the barrel PE or did you scratch build it?

The camo net? It's just an aftermarket scale camo net with adjusted colors.

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
25 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'd want the detail though, in anything I build. I take pride in my modeling efforts.

The camo net? It's just an aftermarket scale camo net with adjusted colors.

Yeah I am much the same. Not really a rivet counter, but do like to make an honest effort

Camo net....Got ya. I dont do armor, more a ship man funnily enough.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,476 posts
15,219 battles
7 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Yeah I am much the same. Not really a rivet counter, but do like to make an honest effort

Same. I'm not trying to make X vehicle of Y company at Z date, but do like a realistic 'what if'.

As for subject matter, I do like ships as well, but 1/16th scale RC ones are a wee bit outside my budget. Or ability to store.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,639 posts
4,371 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, Lert said:

QIv9drP.jpg

This is a project I'm currently working on, almost done.

" The Jagdpanther was noted for its use of the famous 88mm (8.8cm) tank-killing main gun ... the Jagdpanther was actually one of those rare armored vehicle creations where all the vital qualities came together to form the perfect blend of speed, mobility, firepower and protection..."

" quite possibly the armored vehicle design of the war "

However, not all German TD conversions were so successful -

Edited by iDuckman

[2CUTE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
107 posts
5,894 battles

I have 2 blueprints consisting of IJN Kagerou and IJN Akizuki classes. Both in which are RC operable, and can be made to fire small pellets. 

As much as I want to get a chance to create both of them, I sadly don’t have the resources nor mechanical parts for the turrets that can make this a reality. Still on my bucket list to make someday :)

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,888 posts
5,527 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, Lert said:

but I wouldn't spend so much effort on making a functional model of a thing and then have it shot to pieces and needing repair. I take way too much pride in details.

Well the problem is simple.  Make a Bismarck, just model it when she was sunk, pre-made holes and any new ones will give it character

Beta Testers
8 posts
62 battles

This has been around since at least the 1970's. My dad used to build alot of model ships and bought the CO2 guns at one point but never got around to building the ship. Would have been very cool.