Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Top 5 Rarest Premium ships?

97 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
661 posts
14,411 battles

Other than the following 5, is there anything else that were popular but no longer available for purchase?

1)Missouri

2)Belfast

3)Kutuzov

4)Gremyashchy

5)Kamikaze

• Boring 1

[EQRN]
Members
718 posts
10,240 battles

Alpha and Beta ships I'd say are rarest, how desirable they are, I don't know.

Edit: Imperator Nikolai probably belongs on your list as well.

Edited by FrodoFraggin
  • Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles

If we are strictly speaking about popular and rare ships for sale, then Giulio Cesare springs to mind. Graf Zeppelin has to be the rarest though, until the CV rework at least.

Another ship completely missing from sales and containers is Makarov. I think it was last on offered on May and you would have thought it would return for Santas crates.

[TOG]
Members
3,179 posts
16,699 battles

1. Arkansas Beta

2. Iwaki Alpha

There's a lot of folks with the Kamikaze clones.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles

Konig Albert was called OP and removed from sale.  But, didn't it go back up for sale after that announcement?

When the smoke firing nerf was implemented WG offered to buy back Kutuzov and Belfast.  Many players took advantage of that.

I have no idea why.  They are both still monsters.

Edited by desmo_2

[TOG]
Members
3,179 posts
16,699 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If we are strictly speaking about popular and rare ships for sale, then Giulio Cesare springs to mind. Graf Zeppelin has to be the rarest though, until the CV rework at least.

Another ship completely missing from sales and containers is Makarov. I think it was last on offered on May and you would have thought it would return for Santas crates.

Makarov is showing up on the tech tree as on sale for 5k doubloons.

• Bad 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,094 posts
5,013 battles

1) Iwaki Alpha. Given only to alpha testers. Spotting one is like spotting Bigfoot.

2) Arkansas Beta. Given to only beta and alpha testers. 

3) imperative Nikolai. Sold only once.

4) Gremyashy. Sold only once during the pre-order period.

5) Kamikaze. Sold once just before the Kamikaze sisters were taken away from sale forever.

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

5) Kamikaze. Sold once just before the Kamikaze sisters were taken away from sale forever.

You may be right in that Kamikaze was only sold once.  She was also the last of the three to be released.

Fujin was the first Kamikaze sister.  She was sold, rotated out, and then sold again before being retired (IIRC).

Kamikaze R was given as a reward ship for the Pearl event.  At the conclusion of the event, she was also sold in the premium shop for a short time.

I don't see many Kamikazes or Fujins anymore, but Kamikaze R still makes a frequent appearance.

[SYN]
Members
15,016 posts
11,516 battles

Kamikaze R with the Fire and Water camo

shot-19_01.06_10_16.28-0461.thumb.jpg.e15578d4e8e75c093ca10591f0889141.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TOG]
Members
3,179 posts
16,699 battles
1 minute ago, Vladeshi said:

Kitakami! :Smile_hiding:

I'll see myself out.

WG deleted the ship game files from those who had it.

[PVE]
Members
70 posts
1,937 battles
Just now, Bill_Halsey said:

WG deleted the ship game files from those who had it.

That was the joke.

[RLGN]
Members
9,611 posts
19,084 battles
7 minutes ago, noobiehick said:

I want me a fujin!

As a long time holder of said ship, it is affectionately know as ‘Pumpkin’ to me; Halloween event ship and orange camo.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles

I would say the following.

1. Iwaki Alpha

2. Arkansas Beta

3. Nikolai

4. Gremyashchy

5. Kamikaze/Kamikaze R/Fujin

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles
37 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Makarov is showing up on the tech tree as on sale for 5k doubloons.

If you're using a extended tech tree mod. It's not actually for sale at the moment.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
791 posts

if were consider 'rare' to mean 'not often seen in battle', I suspect there's a number of low tier port queens that would qualify.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,648 posts
20,365 battles

The Kamikazes are not that rare. A few thousand Kamikaze R were handed out by the event. So there wasn't the need for many to buy the regular version. The Fujin wasn't that popular when she came out first, since the Minekaze was the same boat. 

Real rare are the Iwaki Alpha and the Arkansas Beta. The first was only given to the small number of alpha tester. The Ark was only for beta tester with a minimum of 100 (?) battles. Also some sold her. 

The Gremyashy was only sold in a beta bundle and not considered a good ship. She improved with the changeing of game mechanics. Turned form the ugly duckling into a swan. And was never sold again since the OWSF mechanics together with the stealth torps made her utterly brocken. 

Imperator Nikolai was pulled from the store when WG got the data from the ASIA server about extrem high winrates. 

Makarov: just a Nürnberg with Soviet camo. Was only sold once or twice. Not popular. Only shows for gold with the extended techtree mod, but cannot be bought.

I don't think the König Albert is that rare. She was sold for less then 2 small latte machiato at starbucks, so a good number of players may bought her for the luls.

The MK and Belfast weren't that rare. Many bought them because CC's called them OP and broken. Many regret it, because you have to work hard to make them broken, no auto win ships. So they spend their time as port queens or sold for scrap in exchange for gold. The high winrates (especially from the Belfast) comes from a  small number of dedicated players. So they end up as rare seen in battle.

Missouri isn't rare. So many bought her because of the insane credit multiplier. WG thought that this is bad for the game economy and pulled the plug on her. She was planed as a free XP sink. Still free XP is a issue after we have now three T9 and a T7 ship. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They are listed right at the top of the forum......:Smile_amazed:

I wouldn't call some of them 'rare', as you see them almost every other match at the appropriate tiers.

[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
58 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Alpha and Beta ships I'd say are rarest, how desirable they are, I don't know.

Edit: Imperator Nikolai probably belongs on your list as well.

Can't speak for the alpha ship but the Arkansas I do very well in as long as there are no CVs in the game that are aware that it has no AA guns :P

[WOLF7]
Members
11,040 posts
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

Other than the following 5, is there anything else that were popular but no longer available for purchase?

1 minute ago, Lert said:

I wouldn't call some of them 'rare', as you see them almost every other match at the appropriate tiers.

Except his question appears to be "popular but no longer available for purchase" 

I ignore thread titles, they rarely say what they mean...:Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,648 posts
20,365 battles
Just now, _HatTrick_ said:

Can't speak for the alpha ship but the Arkansas I do very well in as long as there are no CVs in the game that are aware that it has no AA guns :P

TBH: the Ark is as broken as the ImpNiko. They buffed her secondary ranges and she you can mount T9 moduls. You outrange any ship at that tier with your main battery and you are the stealthies BB when you drop a 10 point captain into her. And we don't talk about the carnage you can do with a 19 point Halsey.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,335 posts
6,512 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Konig Albert was called OP and removed from sale.  But, didn't it go back up for sale after that announcement?

When the smoke firing nerf was implemented WG offered to buy back Kutuzov and Belfast.  Many players took advantage of that.

I have no idea why.  They are both still monsters.

I'm regretting selling my Belfast. :Smile_facepalm:

Hopefully they'll offer it again (aside from the Santa Crates)

Sign in to follow this