Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SilentSeaDog

Deliberate Bot Team Kill /w Replay

8 comments in this topic

[HMCSC]
Members
10 posts
4,385 battles

I am positive a friendly bot deliberately tried to team kill me. I am playing on the North American server. The start time was 2:23 am 06.01.2019. The map was the "Strait". I have never installed any mods for WoWs.

Our team had killed all enemy bots except for the carrier, and our team included three cruiser bots and two destroyer bots. A friendly destroyer bot :Schofield: and I were closest to the carrier with a large island between us. The carrier bot was detected as :Schofield: and I closed in for the kill. :Schofield: was slightly ahead of me and launched two salvos of tightly packed torpedoes in my direction just passed the end of the island. The torpedoes would have directly hit me dead centre if I hadn't seen them and turned sharply. I had to turn in their direction and very closely hug around the end of the island to avoid the torpedoes.

The torpedoes were in the opposite direction of the carrier bot, and the carrier bot had just come to a stop before the torpedoes were launched as it was approaching the map boundary wall and an island.

It wasn't the player carrier who launched torpedoes at me, because his planes were still far off and the torpedo pattern was not a torpedo plane pattern. The torpedoes were white friendly icons, not red enemy icons. There were two other surviving player cruisers, but I am positive they were too far away to have launched them.

If bots were sentient, I would swear this destroyer bot was trying to sink me so it could get the last kill for itself. I wish I had been recording a replay of the match but I haven't enabled replays since I last re-installed WoWs, which was a month or two ago.

I completely understand when friendly bots fire at enemy bots and inadvertently sink players who are unfortunately in the line of fire, but I would expect this type of behavior would never occur. These torpedoes were aimed directly at me and could not even remotely possibly have hit the carrier in any way. It was completely bizarre.

Edit: Thank you @CAPTMUDDXX for your very helpful comment. I have attached the replay file. The torpedoes are launched at me with around 14:30 time remaining. After watching the replay I see now they were deep water torpedoes, so they wouldn't have hit my cruiser anyway, but still... they were launched at me and not the cruiser.

20190106_022410_PGSC106-Nurnberg_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay

Edited by SilentSeaDog
Attaching replay file
  • Funny 1

[5D]
Members
2,922 posts
18,080 battles

Bots have long fired torpedoes from behind, etc. that have resulted in team kills. This is nothing new.

[HMCSC]
Members
10 posts
4,385 battles

@1SneakyDevil learn to read before you reply. The bot was ahead of me and fired at me which was the opposite direction of the only remaining enemy.

[VOP]
Members
449 posts
8,036 battles

I have noticed that friendly Bot behavior has changed with the last patch and the old torping in two different directions when a bot is low in health is happening more and more. I saw a bot dump his torps into an island to his rear, no enemy in that direction at all either. There was however a friendly cruiser behind him that almost ate the spread.

I have sent in a ticket for this. Perhaps you should do the same. The more voices that are heard on a particular problem they might actually take notice of the issue and fix it...again.:Smile_honoring:

[5D]
Members
2,922 posts
18,080 battles
4 hours ago, SilentSeaDog said:

@1SneakyDevil learn to read before you reply. The bot was ahead of me and fired at me which was the opposite direction of the only remaining enemy.

Maybe you should learn to read it was an all inclusive comment with the etc. after that because the bots in co-op having been doing this for a long time now. Nothing new other than your hurt feelings.

Sign in to follow this