Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Last 5 santa crates and a surprise!

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
308 posts
6,175 battles

Just bought 5 of the large santa crates and got the Le Terrible and the Kutuzov. I've heard mixed things the le terrible but the Kutuzov seems to be a rare ship and very prized. Can anyone tell me about this ship and if it does well when uptiered? IS it considered Op like the Belfast? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,146 posts
11,247 battles

search for LWM review on premium Kutuzov

search function

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,363
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,660 posts
20,373 battles

Best thing to do with the Terrible: use scuttle charges. 

Best use is buying the engine boost modul with coal and build her for speed and evasion. Like a poor man Khab.

MK: depends. You need a 17 point captain to make her fully work. Besides CE you should use IFHE to max your damage. And super intendent for a extra smoke charge. Whit premium smoke you should have three then (which sometimes still feels not enough). They are also useless if no one in your team is spotting for you. She turns into op if someone out there finds targets and you can smoke up and burn the other ships down. On the plus side she has a extrem strong AA, flat shell arcs, good reload, excellent range for a T8 cruiser. Downer is her squishyness, no radar, no heal, no hide behind a rock and let fire rain down on the enemy. The Belfast can quite good play by her own, while the MK needs support to abuse her strenght. Still, a good cruiser. BTW, you get very fast focused down the moment you are spotted.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
907
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,535 posts
14,033 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Best thing to do with the Terrible: use scuttle charges. 

Best use is buying the engine boost modul with coal and build her for speed and evasion. Like a poor man Khab.

MK: depends. You need a 17 point captain to make her fully work. Besides CE you should use IFHE to max your damage. And super intendent for a extra smoke charge. Whit premium smoke you should have three then (which sometimes still feels not enough). They are also useless if no one in your team is spotting for you. She turns into op if someone out there finds targets and you can smoke up and burn the other ships down. On the plus side she has a extrem strong AA, flat shell arcs, good reload, excellent range for a T8 cruiser. Downer is her squishyness, no radar, no heal, no hide behind a rock and let fire rain down on the enemy. The Belfast can quite good play by her own, while the MK needs support to abuse her strenght. Still, a good cruiser. BTW, you get very fast focused down the moment you are spotted.

This, exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,135
[ARGSY]
Members
8,789 posts
5,919 battles

Never EVER sell a premium ship, especially a premium ship that you won.

Chances are a future Santa crate will give it back to you.

I wouldn't buy Le Terrible and I wouldn't want anyone to buy it for me, but if I won it in a supercontainer I'd give it a try. Best thing would seem to be to use it as a very light cruiser and use your blistering speed to reposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,283
Alpha Tester
5,644 posts
2,706 battles

Yesterday, I opened 60 crates and the only ships I got were the Krispy Kreme and the Aigle. I envy your luck.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,143 posts
6,429 battles

1. You are going to get a lot of grief from team mates when you use your DD as a cruiser. They won't care that your DD is not a cap contender, so be prepared to endure the chat craptastic criticism you will get. Ignore the chatter. Try to play that ship like a typical DD and you will die within the first five minutes.

2. Like others have said, the Kutuzov draws a lot of attention and you almost certainly will get focused fired when you are spotted. Experience is always the best teacher, but try to remain as stealthy as possible and stay at range 16 km - 18 km. Get too close, and you're dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[FORM]
Members
412 posts
4,885 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Just bought 5 of the large santa crates and got the Le Terrible and the Kutuzov.

You must be luckier than I am. Your post inspired me I got 5 large... I got 3 sets of the NY camo, and 2 of the type 59.

I guess they had a glut of camo to give out after you took the ships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
227 posts
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Never EVER sell a premium ship, especially a premium ship that you won.

Chances are a future Santa crate will give it back to you.

I wouldn't buy Le Terrible and I wouldn't want anyone to buy it for me, but if I won it in a supercontainer I'd give it a try. Best thing would seem to be to use it as a very light cruiser and use your blistering speed to reposition.

Ooh good advice! I got a couple I don't see much use in, other than perverse grins. At least I don't  have to pay maintenance fees for them sitting at the dock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[FORM]
Members
412 posts
4,885 battles

Wow, I think... someone just gifted me a regular crate?!? And I can only guess its b/c of my post here (haven't made any other posts lately...) Can't see any mission or anything that would've caused it.  If so, thanks Anon! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,135
[ARGSY]
Members
8,789 posts
5,919 battles
16 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

At least I don't  have to pay maintenance fees for them sitting at the dock.

Shut the hell up, you bloody fool, before you give WG dangerous ideas!!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,363
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,660 posts
20,373 battles
49 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Ooh good advice! I got a couple I don't see much use in, other than perverse grins. At least I don't  have to pay maintenance fees for them sitting at the dock.

The silver isn't worth selling a premium ship in the long run. 

You can still play a high tier premium in co-op for the daily first win bonus. Since they come with a better credit multiplier and a premium camo there is always some profit to make if you don't have many ships.

I got mine also form a container and used her only once in co op. Was fun. But like mentioned before: players expect DD to take a cap. And they don't understand thay your DD isn't made for this job. That's why I like my Groz over the Khab.

Zipping over the battlefield and setting ships on fire isn't my fun. For others, it works well. 

The Terrible is a good opportunist. Search for a target that is busy shooting at other boats and start harasing him. Don't forget you have a reload booster. If it get's too hot, run and wait the 20 seconds till you can go dark again. 

 

Since OP mentioned the Belfast:

I do much better in her. I can follow DD near the cap because she can use the T8 camo modul. She must be down to something like 9km spotting range. If I get spotted, I can pop radar and help my teams DD to kill theirs. I can pop hydro if I'm in smoke and suspect some torpedos are incoming. Even the special RN captain supports all the strenght of the ship. You can extend your smokescreen and reduce the consumables recharge by 15% with a flag. But again, you need a captain that has 19 points to fully abuse the possibilities of this ship.  

But like the MK, she needs a player that understand the gamemechanics. And most of the time it feels like hard work. That's why a not too small number of player used the option to exchange them for gold when WG offered a refund with the change of the smoke firing mechanics. Real MK player were never bothered by this, since they kept their distance. Opposide to the Belfast, the MK has very good torpedos as a last ditch defense. The MK will also be interesting with the CV rework. You can bring missery to CV players. Yes, AA is in the current PTS build weak, but SubOctavian promised a boost with the next build.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
40 posts
63 battles

The le terrible is a terrible ship with humongous detection for a DD. All you can do is pray to the RNG to make the enemy crap shooters. Speed can only save you so much as you will get hit eventually once the enemy realizes how fast you are zooming about.

As for MK, I recommend atleast a 14 point captain. with CE and IFHE, Superintendent is a must in the 3rd skill slot. you can opt for DE as the next skill as the MK is a pretty good fire started even without DE. 

I got uptiered in the MK and ended up with 214k damage with 7 ships tier X. use the smoke wisely and keep abusing that rudder as you dont have any armor lol. the ships really feels agile once you put all the modules on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
106 posts
14,801 battles

In the name of science (actually, maybe I should blame the OP for making me do it:cap_hmm: ), I picked up 5 Mega gifts just to see if I might get just that one ship that has been evading me from the list.  So out of 5 gifts, I pulled 30 Hydras, 30 Ouroboros, 2000 doubloons and 2 ships with 10pt commanders:cap_horn: -  a Monaghan (4600 doubloons) and <drumroll please>… Le Terrible.  Yea, I did want to get it for the collection.  Now to knock the snowflake off of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[ALL41]
Members
175 posts
5,708 battles
20 minutes ago, Njanear said:

(snip!)... Le Terrible.  Yea, I did want to get it for the collection.  Now to knock the snowflake off of it. 

Le Terrible is like shrimp-flavored ice cream.     You've got to try it, at least once!        :cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,363
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,660 posts
20,373 battles
9 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

Le Terrible is like shrimp-flavored ice cream.     You've got to try it, at least once!        :cap_haloween:

Shrimp flavored ice cream. For people that sweeten their coffee with Thai fish sauce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×