Shaddow_Ghost

Santa's Gift Boxes

16 comments in this topic

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles

So, maybe I'm reading this wrong, or maybe it's a bug.

Quoting'

If you get a ship that you already own, it will automatically be swapped for a different ship from the list. In this situation, a Santa container dropped onto the transport ship in the Port will be changed for a supercontainer, and you will get a ship that comes with a Port slot and Commander with 10 skill points.

If you get a ship that is already anchored in your Port and have collected all the ships that have a chance of being dropped in Santa's containers, the transport ship will be displayed with a Santa container placed on its deck. Once you open the container, you will see the ship it initially carried. That ship, however, will not steer into your Port. Instead, you will receive the ship's price in doubloons, a Port slot, and a Commander with 10 skill points.

So this is what I'm confused about. I was getting bored not getting any of the rare ships, so I bought 100 loot boxes. Yes 100. After a while I decided it would be a good idea to purchase all the tech tree ships I could with doubloons in order to get the more rare ships quicker. Well this would have worked out great, except I started getting duplicates of the tech tree ships I just purchased and receiving the doubloon credit for them!

Now before anyone goes and says, oh that means you own all the ships already, it does not. I don't own quite a few of the rare ships still such as the Imp Niko/Gremy AND I kept getting other ships I hadn't received yet... So why was I receiving duplicate credit if I DIDN'T own all of the available ships on the list yet? I thought they were always supposed to swap to a different ship on the list until you owned all the ships on the list? This happened like 6-8 times, I was shocked.........

• Cool 3

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles

Haha yeah, got tons of camo too. :p I just really wanna know why I was getting duplicate ship credit when I don't have all the ships on the list.. :c

[WAG]
Beta Testers
733 posts
6,177 battles

as i understand it, there are 2 'lists' 1 rare, and one standard. the ship you pull is based off of which list you pull from but they dont draw from eachother. so if you keep drawing from the 'standard' list, and you have all standard ships, you get dubloooms. same for the special list untill you have all the rare ships. but the two lists dont mix.

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles

Ahhhh I see, so a bait and switch then, eh? :P They said "the list"... I assumed that meant there was only one, cuz you know, grammar says so..

[WOLF7]
Members
12,222 posts
8 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

as i understand it, there are 2 'lists' 1 rare, and one standard. the ship you pull is based off of which list you pull from but they dont draw from eachother. so if you keep drawing from the 'standard' list, and you have all standard ships, you get dubloooms. same for the special list untill you have all the rare ships. but the two lists dont mix.

Except that's not what it says...is it? 

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Except that's not what it says...is it? 

Yeah exactly. Rather disappointing to have one thing said and then another thing given. Guess it's time I stop spending money on these games.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,222 posts
6 minutes ago, Shaddow_Ghost said:

Yeah exactly. Rather disappointing to have one thing said and then another thing given. Guess it's time I stop spending money on these games.

This has been talked about for weeks. I had no idea why people were claiming they were getting doubloons, when they didn't have all the ships. 

If WG has posted anything about two lists, I've never seen it.

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

This has been talked about for weeks. I had no idea why people were claiming they were getting doubloons, when they didn't have all the ships. 

If WG has posted anything about two lists, I've never seen it.

I definitely wouldn't have dropped around $400 extra bucks to max out my collection if I would have known I wouldn't be able to because the boxes pull from two lists with different rarity draw weights. :c Sad..

[WOLF9]
Members
95 posts
10,875 battles

The boxes worked out for me, when I read how the boxes worked it seemed to me that if you threw enough money at them they would eventually have to pay out the rare ships. I recieved all of the rare ships and every other ship on the list that I didn't already have. I received a total of 40 ships, ship number 16 was the Missouri, ship 24 was the Kimikaze. The last 5 ships (36-40) were the remaining rares: Imperator Nikolai I, Gremyashchy, Giulio Cesare, Mikhail Kutuzov, and the Belfast.

Once I had all of the ships possible I started to receive duplicates which would be converted to doubloons , I was able to keep the associated  10pt commanders and port slots.

I of course also received hundreds  of camos, tons of coal, and thousands of doubloons. 

To tell you the truth I don't know the total amount that I spent, probably some embarrassing amount but I could afford it and I'm happy with my new fleet and the other loot.

Edited by Capt_Scuttlebutt

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,721 posts
10,887 battles
2 hours ago, Shaddow_Ghost said:

Free is the acceptable price. However I'm such a tightwad George Washington is screaming by the time I let him go

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles

Ok so this is what they said. :)

Hello Captain!

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support.

According to our logs, you've been compensated 3 times for the ships you already have from the gifts purchased on 2019-01-06.

Also, actually, this is how it works, and there is nothing wrong with it. All the rewards are distributed randomly. So it doesn't mean that if you receive the ship from the gift, you won't receive it (its compensation) from another one.

I'm sorry but there is nothing we help you with in this case.

If you have any other questions or issues please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Good luck on the battlefield.

So by this logic they are admitting that they DO NOT go by what their page actually says. Customer support says this quote from the website is untrue, "If you get a ship that you already own, it will automatically be swapped for a different ship from the list. ", YOU DO NOT GET ANOTHER SHIP FROM THE LIST. 

So according to support, Wargaming flat out lied about "If you get a ship that you already own, it will automatically be swapped for a different ship from the list."

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles

So they admitted I was receiving duplicates, they admitted I was receiving credit for them even though I don't have all the ships on the list. Their response? Working as intended, in spite of what their website says.

Edited by Shaddow_Ghost

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,016 battles

This is what they replied when I questioned why they are deviating from the website text. According to support, if you purchase a lootbox, the ships are ALREADY in the box. So if you purchase the ships from the tech tree, THEN open your lootbox, you will receive duplicate credit for the ships.

Sorry for a little indistinct and wrong answer.

Everything works fine as it should be. Here is what happens in your case with a Dunkerque for example:

The point is that when you are getting the containers the ships are already in them. So you got a container with Dunkerque, didn't open it yet but bought Dunkerque for doubloons and got compensation after opening the container:

Shaddow_Ghost (1002528544) 2019-01-06 02:39:40
(2019-01-05 18:39:40)
Buy -5200 0 0 0 0 --- --- 1 Dunkerque (France) Ship: Dunkerque (France)

Shaddow_Ghost (1002528544) 2019-01-06 02:45:52
(2019-01-05 18:45:52)
Lootbox content 5200 0 0 0 0 --- --- --- --- Lootbox: add Compensation as lootbox reward

I hope you understand our limitations and that you will keep enjoying the game. Once again sorry for the previous answer.

If you have any other questions or issues please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Good luck on the battlefield.

Edited by Shaddow_Ghost